Management of Abortion
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of H.I.V
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Submit a review for Vighanharta Sai Hospital And LaboratoryYour feedback matters!
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves.
There is nothing more attractive than a voluptuous mouth bearing bee-stung lips. This is usually known as a natural pout which adds a certain charm to your smile. But what happens when your lips are too thin and you do not have a pout? There are many ways to alter the look of your mouth with the help of lip gloss and tricks of make-up. But these are not permanent solutions.
For a more permanent and long-lasting pout that will look natural, you can go for a cosmetic procedure that will be conducted by a cosmetic surgeon. Here are the details of this kind of procedure which can give your thin lips a beautiful pout.
- Lip augmentation: This kind of procedure involves the administration of fillers that will plump up the lips by giving them some extra volume. This volume will be spread proportionately throughout the mouth so that the proportions and the shape also remain intact. This will give you a well-defined pout.
- Substances: These fillers can be of various types, and made up of various substances. Synthetic dermal fillers are the most popular choice in this regard, and they are known to consist of hyaluronic acid or HA, which can give you volume and definition. This substance is usually found in the tissues of your body as well as the skin and its cartilage. Perlane and restylane may also be used.
- Procedure: The procedure is simple enough where the area will first be numbed with the help of mild anesthesia. Thereafter, the injection will be administered in small doses. The effect of the injection usually lasts for a period of six months, after which it will have to be renewed.
- Side effects: Like most procedures, this one too has a few side effects and risks that can be taken care of by the cosmetic surgeon who will administer the fillers. There will be minimal bruising, swelling and even a little bleeding right after the procedure. The patient will usually be asked to keep some ice packs ready so that this problem may be tackled easily at home. However, if the problem persists or gets worse instead of subsiding after a few days or a week, it may be time to go to the doctor to have it checked again.
- Protection: It is important to protect your skin after such a procedure. Ensure that you stay indoors for a few days, and even then, you must apply a good sun block when you to step out. You will also need to keep your skin and face well moisturised so that the lips do not become dry or chapped.