Doctors in Skin & Surgery International & Asia Institute of Hair Transplant
Patient Review Highlights
With the help of Dr Pradeep Kumari's treatment for hair transplant, I am feeling so great. I had lost hope, but the hair transplant given by DR Pradeep Kumari has helped me regain my confidence. One of my colleague referred Dr Pradeep Kumari. The overall atmosphere in the Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant is very soothing. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. It was so quite pleasant in the Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair transplant. She is a very practical doctor.
It was a bad case of hair loss. I visited skin and surgery hair transplant. All the staff members were very helpful. I was quite concerned, as my hair condition was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Pradeep Kumari and the hair loss treatment I didn't lose hope. The Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my hair loss, but she has helped me immensely. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely.
I saw Dr. Pradeep Kumari clinic in Pune's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. she is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Pradeep Kumari. the symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from chronic skin allergy, but Dr. Pradeep Kumari was able to handle it. the facilities available in the Skin & Surgery clinic are very nice.
Dr Pradeep Kumari is very talented and seasoned doctor. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. I feel strange that I am suffering from hair fall. My boss referred me Dr Pradeep Kumari. The best thing about her is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. The atmosphere in the Skin & Surgery International; is always so positive and full of life.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The waiting area in the Skinclinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. Overall pimples was very effective. Initially the prob of pimples were not that severe but then it became worse. Someone from the office, referred us Dr Pradeep Kumari. She has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner.
Since Teenage I Have Been Suffering From Mild To Moderate Acne But Some Times They Just Flare Up None Of The Doctors Could Tell Me The Root Cause .. Thanx To Lybrate I Came Across Dr Pradeep Kumari Sh Bua So Experienced And Sweet Her Treatment Not Only Suited Me But She Even Told Me What Triggers Acne On My Skin. Even Her Clinic Is So Organised . Best Dermatologist Till Now
dr Pradeep KumariMy whole family goes to her whenever needed. She is very caring and is the best doctor I've ever had. Due to my sudden hairfall, I took an Alopecia Areata Treatment from her. I must say it is the best decision I have taken as I have healed totally.
I met Dr Pradeep Kumari for my corn problem on my hands. I was in so much pain due to ther problem. My daily activities were suffering because of that problem. But Dr Pradeep Kumari gave me the right medication that helped in corn removal treatment.
I met Dr Pradeep Kumari for my corn problem on my hands. I was in so much pain due to therproblem. My daily activities were suffering because of that problem. But Dr Pradeep Kumari gave me the right medication that helped in corn removal treatment.
Dr Pradeep Kumari is really like god send person. The complete process of pimples treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results.
dr Pradeep Kumari is one of the leading young dermatologists in India. She is a very efficient and dedicated doctor. She is available at Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant in Pune.
Dr. Nitin Jain provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health, professional, practical and knowledgeable. Thank you
Explains the procedure and treatment well. Considers overall health scenario before advocating treatment. Very good doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nitin Jain to be caring. Thankyou- for your valuable advices
Ashish Kumar Swain
Doctor explained in details.Staffs are very good in interaction.Systematics procedure no hecric.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nitin Jain to be nurturing. Helpful and i like to that
Dr. Nitin Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Its good for my dandruff. Its easily remove my danduff.
Too good and cooperating
Too good and cooperating
Jock itch can be defined as a fungal infection affecting the skin, especially around the inner thighs, genitals, buttocks or the groin region. Also called ‘tinea cruris’, this condition triggers irritation that results from the ring-shaped red rashes that primarily affect the warm and moist regions of one’s body. This condition majorly affects people who sweat excessively, such as athletes or even people who are over-weight. Although it is often bothersome and uncomfortable, jock itch doesn’t bring about severe complications for the affected individual. Jock itch can easily be cured by keeping the groin region dry and applying topical anti-fungal medications.
The main symptoms of Jym itch include itchy and painful rashes in the buttock, inner thigh or the groin region. The rash is usually tan, red or brown in color, slightly scaly and often formed at the edges.
Putting on damp, wet or unlaundered clothing, such as athletic supporter and very tight underwear or wearing them frequently.
Sharing towels that were used by a person suffering from the same condition.
Taking showers irregularly, especially after excessive sweating or exercising.
Living in hot and humid conditions.
Wearing tight clothing.
Immune system disorders.
Anti-fungal creams or lotions can help treat ringworm of the groin. Few examples are Miconazole, Econazole, Clotrimazole and Ketoconazole. These medications should be applied twice a day for about two to four weeks.
In case the eruptions start to ooze fluids or pus, antibiotics may be administered by the doctor.
Measures to prevent recurrence of tinea cruris include weight reduction (if obese), wearing less occlusive clothing, drying thoroughly after bathing, using topical antifungal powders, laundering contaminated clothing, and treating concomitant fungal infection of nail of feet, if present.
Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough.
Here are some of the skin issues that youngsters face and ways to prevent them:
- Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
- Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
- Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control.
Microdermabrasion is a quick and painless treatment that accelerates the rate at which dead skin is exfoliated, and jump-starts the proliferation of new skin cells. Your dermatologist may recommend a series of microdermabrasion treatments, which can treat hyperpigmentation, sun-damaged spots, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles and even minor acne scars. Microdermabrasion can be coupled with just about any other type of skin treatment and is usually recommended to be done every few weeks to every two or three months.
Suitable for all but the most sensitive skins, microdermabrasion combines vacuum suction with tiny abrasive crystals to polish away the uppermost layer of skin, eliminating roughness as well as fine lines and wrinkles. It is a quick and virtually pain-free procedure that uses tiny, rough aluminum crystals to vigorously exfoliate the top layer of the skin, removing dead skin cells.
How is a microdermabrasion procedure performed?
Most often, your microdermabrasion treatment will be performed by a licensed skincare professional in your plastic surgeon's office or medical spa.
There are two general methods for microdermabrasion:
Crystal Microdermabrasion: For this type of microdermabrasion, a handpiece emits crystals onto the surface of the skin, resulting in a gentle abrasion or "polishing" process. Then the dead skin cells along with the crystals are suctioned off either instantaneously (in the same handpiece) or in a secondary process.
Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion: This type of microdermabrasion works with a diamond-tip handpiece that gently abrades and exfoliates dead skin cells. Like the crystal microdermabrasion, the dead skin is either suctioned off right away in the same handpiece or in a secondary process. The diamond-tip microdermabrasion is safer to perform closer to the eyes and has more flexibility in sensitive areas or on more sensitive skin.?
Microdermabrasion works best for anyone looking to revitalize their skin. If you have any of these conditions, you are a candidate for microdermabrasion:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation or sun spots
- Dry skin
- Minor acne scars
- Blemishes or large pores
Acne is a skin condition that leads to the outbreak of pimples and sores as well as whiteheads and blackheads. These have a reddish appearance and make the skin look less than ideal. With the help of microdermabrasion, one can gradually reduce the appearance of light scarring and make the skin look even toned.
This is an inflammation-based skin condition which leads to the appearance of prominent blood vessels as well as other kinds of skin eruptions. Microdermabrasion can come to the rescue of the patient who is suffering from severe symptoms of this condition.
When to Avoid Microdermabrasion:
This procedure should be avoided by people who have sustained deep scars. Also, anyone who has active keloids and lesions that are yet to be diagnosed should avoid this treatment as it may lead to an aggravation. Further, anyone who is suffering from an immune system disorder or diabetes should also avoid this kind of treatment as it may lead to complications. If you have had a chemical peel recently, you should also steer clear of this kind of treatment as it may lead to inflammation, swelling and bleeding on the skin which is already tender from the previous treatment.
What is Razor Bump (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hairs)
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair is a very important component that defines one’s beauty quotient. Everyone likes to take care of their hair in the best possible way and they search for the best ever products that suit their hair type and make them silky, shiny and strong. But there is a section of people who lose their hair due to various reasons such as heredity or any medical reason. Then, what will happen to their looks?
Here, technology comes to the help. There is a concept called Hair Replacement Treatment. The patient can choose between two ways of hair transplant, surgical or non-surgical. Most times, patients choose to go for the non-surgical hair replacement.
How does it work?
- Non-surgical hair replacement is also called hair addition. This process gives the potential addition to as little or as much as the patient needs as they had before or as per their demands. Alopecia is a condition in which a male or female patient suffers from disorder of hair loss. This also treats hair loss due to medical reasons, male and female pattern baldness.
- The hair provided in this hair replacement treatment is made of 100% human hair, synthetic hair or fiber or a combination of different ethnic background.
- A variety of procedures are conducted in this hair replacement which include different types of adhesives for attachments like waterproof liquids etc. This is provided according to the lifestyle of the patient and their demands.
- Modern advanced technologies used in non-surgical hair replacement solutions provide full support to the patient. Guidance is provided to take care of your replaced hair like shampooing, conditioning, towel dry and style. After the treatment, no special care is needed. The patient will need the same amount of time that he used to spend on the hair earlier.
The Final Look
The non-surgical hair replacement treatment allows the patient to choose any type of hairstyle that they want. They can also choose the perfect color of their hair as per their age, hair density, natural hair front line and facial look. Non-surgical hair replacement solutions are available in various hair clinics. The patient will need consultation with a doctor who will have a full observation of the treatment. Hair replacement solution gives a fair chance of having one’s hair back in an advanced technological manner. This treatment guarantees to give its patients the confidence back to have a social life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure where hair is surgically implanted on the head. You can opt for this procedure if you suffer from hair loss and bald spots on your head. Hair transplant procedures are preferred when opting for hair-loss solutions as they are not only a permanent solution to hair-loss, but with the advent of modern technology, it also looks very natural.
There are many things, which you must take care of, after the procedure. Here are a few of those things:
- Elevation: After the procedure, as mentioned before, there will be some amount of swelling. So, it is important to keep your head in an elevated position so as to ensure that there is no extra swelling in the head. For this, you may have to sleep with your head on two pillows so as to keep the head propped up. Also, you may want to sleep or relax in a reclining chair for a few days until the swelling subsides.
- Scars: The procedure will leave you with a few scars as you wait for the hair to grow back from the replaced follicles. There may also be a little bit of swelling or inflammation at the site of the transplant, which may cause irritation. Ask your surgeon for medication which will bring down the swelling. You must make sure that you do not touch or scratch the surface under any circumstances.
- Food: In order to help the scar recover faster, you will need to avoid food that is too spicy as this usually has an adverse effect on the incisions and scars after any surgical procedure. These spices usually create a lot of heat and can cause further swelling, redness and other symptoms. Excessive alcohol consumption must also be avoided.There are a number of things that you can take care of after a hair transplant procedure in order to recover faster and be comfortable until the hair growth starts.
- Hygiene: The area around the scar and your scalp in general must be kept clean. Use mild shampoos and medication to keep the numbness and irritation at bay so that the scars get enough time to recover.
- Physical activity: Sweating will make the scar and swelling even itchier. So, it is imperative that you shy away from physical activities like workouts and running. Also, you may want to stay out of the sun, or even avoid a trip to the sauna for a few days as the exposure may lead to sweating.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Human skin is indicative of the health of a person. It is often said that most skin conditions are only symptoms of what is going on within the body. However, there are certain conditions which are caused by external irritants to the skin. It is thus important that you take care of this organ and also be careful in choosing the products which you apply on it.
Why choosing skin care products carefully is important?
In today's world of infinite choices, there are plenty of options in the shelves of supermarkets, specialty stores and beauty treatment spas that offer much variety. However, you should realize that a lot of the benefits claimed are just marketing tricks to get the products to sell more. It is up to you to exactly find what suits you best.
Various types of skin care products:
There are multiple types of skin care products. Some of them are:
- Skin cleanser
- Treatment for acne
- Skin lightening treatment
- Anti - wrinkle or anti-aging creams
Specialized Treatments for Skin Conditions: As is evident from this list, not everything is applicable to all people. Thus, they have to choose according to what their most specific needs are. However, if you have a specific beauty regimen where you are using the products very regularly make sure that the ingredients won't do you harm in the long term.
Dangers from Lower End Skin Care Products: Skin care products sourced from cheaper materials or used in mass scale productions have known to contain many harmful chemicals which seep through the skin to cause multiple types of cancers. However the most direct assault is on skin itself and the most common worse outcome would be increasing chances of skin cancer.
Some of the harmful chemicals know to be included in cosmetic products include:
- And Nickel among others.
Choosing carefully and wisely: Whether at the shelf or online it is better to research the ingredients before you buy a beauty product. You should be able to look through the hype of marketing and the clever disguising of the ingredients or warnings in a subtle manner. You are paying for your skin care and thus should get the best quality product possible within your budget. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Actinomycosis is a chronic disease that causes bruises or scars in the body's soft tissues. Actinomycosis is typically found in the:
Actinomycosis once in a while shows up in other parts of the body. However, it can spread from the underlying affected area to different parts of the body if any sickness or a disease harms your tissue. Actinomycosis is not infectious. It is essentially found in the tropical regions of the world.
Some of the most common side-effects of actinomycosis are:
- High fever
- Weight reduction
- Bumps on the neck or face
- Depleting bruises on the skin
- Overabundance of sinus flow
- Chest pain
Anti-toxins are the essential treatment for actinomycosis. High amounts of penicillin are normally necessary to cure the infection. In case you are hypersensitive to penicillin, your specialist can give you different antimicrobials, for example,
It can take up to a year for the anti-toxins to totally cure the infection. Any skin eruptions, or bumps, from the contamination, should be taken care of or removed. In case that you have actinomycosis because of the utilization of an IUD(intra-uterine device), the gadget needs to be expelled to contain the advancement of the disease. Inform your specialist quickly in case you have side effects of actinomycosis. Early, forceful treatment diminishes your probability of growing long-term implications and requirement of surgery. The treatments are as follows:
High-dosage penicillin regulated over a drawn-out period (six months to one year) is the basis of treatment for actinomycosis. These symptoms were produced when patients with actinomycosis were commonly late over the span of sickness with extensive injuries. They frequently accepted discontinuous anti-infection treatment.
What is more is the advanced imaging devices were not accessible to screen treatment. Accomplishment with shorter courses of treatment (less than six months) has been accounted for, particularly in cervicofacial actinomycosis.
Anti-infection agents that have no action against Actinomyces species include metronidazole, aminoglycosides, aztreonam, co-trimoxazole (TMP-SMX), penicillinase-safe penicillins (eg, methicillin, nafcillin, oxacillin, cloxacillin), and cephalexin.
- Penicillin G (Pfizerpen, Bicillin). It is one of the best treatments for actinomycosis. It reacts with the cell synthesis called the mucopeptide during active multiplication, bringing about the bactericidal movement against helpless bacteria and thus eliminating them.
- Doxycycline (Bio-Tab, Doryx, Vibramycin).For non-pregnant patients with penicillin sensitivity, it hinders protein combination and, along these lines, bacterial development by authoritative to 30S and perhaps 50S ribosomal subunits of defenseless bacterial organisms.
- Clindamycin (Cleocin). Suggested for patients with hypersensitive to penicillin, Lincosamide hinders bacterial development, by blocking separation of peptidyl t-RNA from ribosomes. This brings about RNA-subordinate protein synthesis to an arrest. Disadvantage of this is the absence of coverage against some surrounding bacteria.