Doctors in Skin & Surgery International & Asia Institute of Hair Transplant
Patient Review Highlights
With the help of Dr Pradeep Kumari's treatment for hair transplant, I am feeling so great. I had lost hope, but the hair transplant given by DR Pradeep Kumari has helped me regain my confidence. One of my colleague referred Dr Pradeep Kumari. The overall atmosphere in the Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant is very soothing. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. It was so quite pleasant in the Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair transplant. She is a very practical doctor.
It was a bad case of hair loss. I visited skin and surgery hair transplant. All the staff members were very helpful. I was quite concerned, as my hair condition was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Pradeep Kumari and the hair loss treatment I didn't lose hope. The Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my hair loss, but she has helped me immensely. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely.
I saw Dr. Pradeep Kumari clinic in Pune's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. she is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Pradeep Kumari. the symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from chronic skin allergy, but Dr. Pradeep Kumari was able to handle it. the facilities available in the Skin & Surgery clinic are very nice.
Dr Pradeep Kumari is very talented and seasoned doctor. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. I feel strange that I am suffering from hair fall. My boss referred me Dr Pradeep Kumari. The best thing about her is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. The atmosphere in the Skin & Surgery International; is always so positive and full of life.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The waiting area in the Skinclinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. Overall pimples was very effective. Initially the prob of pimples were not that severe but then it became worse. Someone from the office, referred us Dr Pradeep Kumari. She has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner.
dr Pradeep KumariMy whole family goes to her whenever needed. She is very caring and is the best doctor I've ever had. Due to my sudden hairfall, I took an Alopecia Areata Treatment from her. I must say it is the best decision I have taken as I have healed totally.
I met Dr Pradeep Kumari for my corn problem on my hands. I was in so much pain due to ther problem. My daily activities were suffering because of that problem. But Dr Pradeep Kumari gave me the right medication that helped in corn removal treatment.
I met Dr Pradeep Kumari for my corn problem on my hands. I was in so much pain due to therproblem. My daily activities were suffering because of that problem. But Dr Pradeep Kumari gave me the right medication that helped in corn removal treatment.
Dr Pradeep Kumari is really like god send person. The complete process of pimples treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results.
dr Pradeep Kumari is one of the leading young dermatologists in India. She is a very efficient and dedicated doctor. She is available at Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant in Pune.
Dr. Nitin Jain provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health, professional, practical and knowledgeable. Thank you
Explains the procedure and treatment well. Considers overall health scenario before advocating treatment. Very good doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nitin Jain to be caring. Thankyou- for your valuable advices
Ashish Kumar Swain
Doctor explained in details.Staffs are very good in interaction.Systematics procedure no hecric.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nitin Jain to be nurturing. Helpful and i like to that
Dr. Nitin Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Acne is one of the acute skin troubles people face every now and then and thus desperately look for the best solution to cure the same. There are many people who think that medications are the only way out, but this is completely wrong.
This is because most of the acne treating drugs have got stronger antibiotics that are believed to cure acne speedily, but the real fact is that you will get temporary recovery, and your skin texture will get adversely affected by the same. Thus, you are recommended to look for only those solutions that are safe and can replace antibiotics in the most efficient manner.
Top 5 methods for treating acne without using antibiotics
1. Blue light: Acne creating bacteria can be only killed by using this therapy. This therapy is quite improved, and it is not at all invasive in nature and thus your skin quality is not affected at all. Total four sessions are included for getting the ultimate result and these sessions are only conducted under clinical supervision. You can also make a purchase of blue light, especially Tria skin clarifying light so that skin acne can be cleared along with the clearance of acne marks. There are few safety precautions that need to be maintained so that skin damages can be easily prevented.
2. Giving up sugar: Sugary foods should be completely curtailed from your regular diet so that acne trouble can be kept in control. Excessive sugary components lead to the creation of excessive skin oil, and this oil is highly responsible for creating acne, and on the other hand, bacterial infection can also occur due to excess oil secretion.
3. Taking Omega-3: Acne are very much irritating as they create inflaming sensations and these sensations can be only be effectively dealt with this particular component. Fish oil gel caps are highly enriched with this component and in this regard Omega Max deserves special mention. This will help in maintaining absolutely flawless and healthy skin.
4. Silk Peel Microdermabrasions: Pink scars can be treated well using silk peel. This kind of peel plays the most useful role in making the skin unclogged from different unwanted wastes causing acne and bacterial infections. In this case, collagen production can be stimulated along with the maintenance of healthy and glowing skin.
5. Glycolic acid lotions and cleansers: Sugarcane is enriched with glycolic acid and this acid is now available in different lotions and cleansers that are useful for skin exfoliation and pore unclogging. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The skin is a major organ. It protects the human body from coming in contact with germs, infections and microbes; it helps you feel sensations and also adjusts your body temperature. Keeping in mind the range of functions performed by this organ, you should take good care of it.
A healthy diet and a few healthy habits can give an extra edge to your skin. Try to know about these seven fruits that successfully improve your skin.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin. It can heal lines and freckles on being used regularly. The fruit contains polyphenols that counter free radicals and increase blood flow. It makes your skin healthy through detoxification. Pomegranates can prevent as well as treat skin damages caused by ultraviolet rays of the sun. The peel of the fruit is used along with seed oil, encourages cell growth and hinders wrinkles naturally. It averts enzymes, which break down collagen and make your skin look younger.
- Bananas: Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits. It contains amino acids that are known to increase your skin elasticity. The fruit also contains Zinc and Potassium. While Zinc fights against bacterial infection and prevents Acne, Potassium hydrates a dehydrated skin. Do not throw away banana skins; the inside of a banana skin when rubbed on your face can make it glow.
- Watermelon: This juicy, refreshing fruit refreshes your skin as well. It contains astringent that can naturally tone your skin. It revitalizes dull and boring skin. When you return home after a tiring day, it is best to cleanse your face with a refrigerated slice of this fruit. The red fruit controls signs of aging because of its carotene content. It is also known to prevent blisters on your skin when applied on a regular basis.
- Papaya: Pigmentation is a serious problem that many of us suffer from. Treating the problem through medication works but daily skin care is also needed. Mashed papaya helps in smoothening rough skin. It makes your skin really supple. Many tend to develop wrinkles at an early age. This hampers confidence as you are constantly worried about the way you look. Applying papaya masks can actually control wrinkles.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is known to contain Omega- 3 fatty acids; these acids defend your skin from germs. They prevent you from horrible skin infections. However, the fruit prevents your skin from sagging. It is rich in Vitamin C, which again helps in producing collagen. Kiwi checks the levels of sebum excretion reducing the chances of having a sticky face.
- Oranges: If you are tired of the blackheads on your skin, you have a home remedy to deal with it. Oranges are brilliant in extracting blackheads. Orange juice is also known to lighten one's skin tone. It reduces blemishes and treats acne. Consuming the fruit or its juice regularly can give you a radiant skin.
- Apples: You should wholeheartedly believe in the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are good for your skin as they have a BLT effect. Apples brighten and lighten your skin. They provide protection against tanning. The fruit acts effectively on your skin by doing away with the pathogens and excess oils.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness is a condition that affects both men and women equally. Surgical hair transplantation is the only solution for restoring the lost hair in pattern baldness when medical hair restoration does not offer you a good hair re-growth. If you have well-defined and clearly established areas or patterns of baldness on the crown with healthy dense coverage of hair at the sides and the back of the head, you are probably suitable for a hair transplant surgery. Hair that is transplanted in the frontal region of the skull generally offers the best results. However, a hair transplant procedure can also be carried out on any other area of your head if you have some bald patch there.
It is best to have detailed information about the hair transplant procedure before you make plans to undergo a surgery. It is only after you have read through all the information that you can understand and appreciate the significance of surgical hair restoration. The information will also help you decide whether you are the right candidate for the hair transplant surgery. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
All those who can opt for a hair transplant:
- Men with male-pattern baldness
- Women suffering from hair thinning
- Anyone who has lost some hair from a burn or scalp injury
Hair replacement isn’t a good option for:
- Women with a wide-spread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- People who don’t have enough “donor” hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
- People who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
- People whose hair loss is due to medication like chemotherapy
Two types of procedures
It's worth noting that there are new surgical techniques involved in hair transplants:
- FUE - Follicular Unit Extraction: The hairs are individually extracted from the back of the head and re-planted across the area. This is a lengthy, pain-staking process but the result is minimal scarring and a very natural-looking hairline.
- FUT - Follicular Unit Transplantation: This technique involves taking a larger area or 'strip' of hair from the back of the head, dividing it into smaller units and then re-planting those units in the desired area of hair loss. Scarring can be slightly more conspicuous at the back of the head as a larger area has been removed but an expert surgeon will minimise incision marks to ensure rapid healing.
Hair transplant do, of course, utilise your own natural hair and re-growth can be expected within 4 weeks of surgery. Great care must be taken during your recovery period to protect the newly-transplanted hair. However, once it is deemed safe to resume normal activities, the results can be life-transforming. A successful hair transplant is permanent and can restore confidence and self-esteem.
Healing of a wound refers to a process by which the tissues in the body or skin are repaired after being damaged. Each of the body's system has a role to play in the process of wound healing. There are mainly 6 stages in the process which are complementary to each other for the complete healing process.
These stages are as follows:
- Hemostasis: Hemostasis refers to the process of stopping the bleeding from a wound. It is basically done by vasoconstriction in which the blood vessels contract to obstruct the blood flow through them.
- Inflammation: It refers to swelling around the area affected by the wound. It is a symptom or your body's way of telling you, that you have suffered an injury. It also helps the body identify the area for regeneration of cells and begin the process of blood clotting.
- Proliferation and migration of cells: During the swelling process, several types of cells are released by the body, which then move towards the affected area and further constrict the blood vessels. Also the movement of white blood cells to the injured region is important to prevent further infection.
- Angiogenesis: After controlling the bleeding process, the body begins the regeneration process for the torn tissues. The mechanism of regeneration is referred to as Angiogenesis. The mechanism involves replacing the broken or damaged blood vessels with new ones or by adding to the existing working portions of tissues.
- Reepithelialization: Once your body has started the process of growing veins again and the damaged ones have been replaced by new ones, the process of Reepithelialization begins. Reepithelialization refers to the mechanism of replacing the damaged skin with newly formed skin tissue. It is done by producing cells called keratinocytes which are integral to the skin building process.
- Synthesis: It is generally the last stage in the healing process. Certain proteins result in blood clots, which do not allow further bleeding during the formation of the new skin tissue and veins. After the skin and blood vessels are formed the inflammation subsides. After a few days, the infected or damaged cells and tissues peel off naturally and the area of the wound becomes covered with new skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- Use a hair dryer: The heated air will dry out the lice and eggs, killing most of them in the process. You typically need to stay committed to this process for about a month (which is the typical life cycle of a lice infestation).
- Using a comb: When it comes to using a comb for head lice treatment, it's very effective. The downside is that you need to brush the hair for anywhere from an hour to an hour-and-a-half each and every day. Using water and shampoo makes the process a bit easier.
- Using over the counter products: Using shampoos which contain Pyrethrin or Permethrin are the first options for treating lice infestation.. Following the directions closely often yields the best results.
- Using prescription medications: If the infestation still persists, you can take medications after seeing a doctor. They can prescribe lotions depending upon the scalp condition and depending upon the severity of problem.
Who does not want to turn back the ageing clock to look younger always.
Serums are meant to do the same. Can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are? First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourishes the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
Some facts about anti-aging serums are:
- Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects.
- Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can not only be ineffective but can also act as an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
- Each serum affects different people in a different way.
- Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
- The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages.
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it happen. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Facial aging is an issue which shows its first signs around the late twenties and early thirties. It is manifested in the form of fine lines, dark circles, wrinkles and rough skin, especially near the eyes and lips. This process cannot be reversed. It is a part of human body and the way the skin matures with age. But, it can be treated through surgical and non-surgical or natural means to make sure that the process of aging is slowed down.
Factors Affecting Facial Aging:
There are several factors which affect the facial aging and aggravate the process faster. Some of these factors are:
- If you smoke excessively, your face would sooner or later start showing signs of aging prematurely.
- At times, this process gains speed due to genetic issues.
- Stress and anxiety are the most important reasons for a person to start showing signs of aging at an early stage of life.
- If you lead a hectic lifestyle which involves excessive travelling throughout different climates, the exhaustion may be manifested through facial aging.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent.
The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
You must make a note of the fact that dermal filling is not considered to be a type of surgical treatment. However, it does use anaesthesia while being administered. In fact, the patient is first given a dose of anaesthesia and left to rest for about half an hour. Some fillers have anesthesia in the syringe itself otherwise, we apply numbing cream or topical anesthesia. Thereafter, dermal fillings are applied with the help of fine needles. You need to realise that the use of fine needles with precision can be done only by those who have been specially trained for it. Thus, if your dermatologist recommends you for a treatment of dermal filling, then he/she ought to be a trained expert in carrying out the procedure. If you, on your own prefer to get this treatment done, then you should also find an expert who is well trained in administering this procedure.
Thus, dermal fillers are quite famous in the world of facial dermatology to reverse the aging process. It helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and adds volume and smoothness to the skin.
Melanomas normally happens in the skin, yet may once in a while may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back.
Sometimes a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability.
So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out:
- History: when you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Skin cell development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like dna damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Immune system: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!