Doctor in SkinStory Laser Skin & Hair Clinic
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment of Oily Skin
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Skin Lumps
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Cracked Foot
Submit a review for SkinStory Laser Skin & Hair ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Arshi Rahul to be very helpful and helped me improve my health. Really the medicine which was recommended from the doctor is really help full to cure my problems.. very well Thanks a lot doctor
Dr Arshi is very supportive and kind. First of all she is a good listener. She understands patient's problem n according that prescribes medicines. I would like to recommend her to others.
Aniket Suresh Prabhudesai
Dr. Arshi Rahul provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Dr. I am having hair fall in huge amount and some kind of yeast type particle is also ejecting from my scalp .i think it is fungal infection .can I use topisal lotion. 3.
I have develop male pattern baldness .dermatologist prescribe me minoxidil 5%,finax 1 mg tablet, and danclear shampoo. But after the use of this medicine I am facing heavy hair fall and no improvement shown. After that I stop this for 2 days then hair fall was stop. This medicine not work on me. Please help.
- Make sure you wash your face ywice daily. Invest in a good facial clenser.
- Splash your face many times with plain cold water to prevent dirt and excess oiliness from settling on your face
- Follow a strict cleansing, tonning and moisturising routing every morning and night without fail.
- Exfoliate at least once evry week
- Stay away from junk food they only add and contribute to pimple and acne
- Drink lots of water to keep your syten and skin well hydrate. A well hydrat sytem can combat pimoles and acne better
- Sleep at least 8 hrs and avoid getting stress
- Exersise regularly and meditate.
- "Discover your skin type and take care of it"
I am 24 year old male and have black spots on my face for last 2 to 3 years. I have used a ointment named BETNOVATE-C for relief. But I haven't get any improvement. What should I do?
Can I use terbinafine tablets 250 and terbinafine cream together for fungal infection near inner thigh? Please suggest.
I am 24, but looking like 30, I have oily skin, and my face is getting worse day by day. What should I do to my face?
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily.
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.