Doctor in Shri Sai Ganesh Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Shri Sai Ganesh ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hii .dabur shilajit gold cap kya raat ko bed time mein khana thik hain? Or kaise khai? Kya ise khane bahat der tak sex kor sakte hain? please suggest.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination.
These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged.
This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
I am suffering from throat pain for the last 3 months. It seems to swallow food, even saliva. After taking endoscopy doctor concluded that I am suffering from Lax les disease and they gave me medicine. But the pain still does not go away. What can I do now.
Most likely you are suffering from a duodenal ulcer if there is a pain in the upper abdomen which is relieved by eating. If it increases after eating, it may be because of a gastric ulcer. Gastric ulcers and Duodenal ulcers come under the category of Peptic ulcer disease (PUD). PUD is a lesion in the mucosal lining of the digestive tract and is known as a Gastric ulcer if it is present in the stomach wereas it is known as Duodenal ulcer if it exists in the duodenum i.e. 1st part of the intestines. These are caused by the digestive action of pepsin (a digestive enzyme) and stomach acid.
Nearly 70–90% cases of such ulcers are linked to a spiral-shaped bacterium called H. PYLORI that thrives in the acidic environment of the stomach. The incidence of peptic ulcers occurring in the duodenum (the initial tract of the small intestine) is four times higher than those arising in the stomach.
Causes of Peptic Ulcer:
The underlying process that results in Peptic ulcer formation is an excess of acid production in the stomach and damage to the protective barrier inside the stomach. Certain things that can trigger excess acid production or can cause damage to the protective lining of the stomach are:
- Emotional stress
- Foods (spices, pungent foods, etc)
- Overuse of certain drugs, especially NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Infections (H-Pylori)
Symptoms of peptic ulcers include:
- vomiting tendencies
- pain in the upper and middle portions of the stomach after a meal and at night
- blood in the stool
- weight loss
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal region
Common To Both
Duodenal Ulcer Symptoms
More Likely to be felt immediately after eating.
More likely to be felt a few hours after eating.
|Loss of Appetite|
Pain when eating high-fat foods.
Pain when the stomach is empty.
Pain in the stomach that may feel like burning.
- Perforation of ulcer
- Gastric outlet obstruction (obstruction in the terminal part of the stomach)
How to Prevent Peptic Ulcers
Certain lifestyle choices and habits can reduce your risk of developing peptic ulcers. These include:
- 1. Not drinking more than two alcoholic beverages a day
- 2. Not mixing alcohol with medication
- 3. Washing your hands frequently to avoid infections
- 4. Limiting your use of ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen sodium
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle through a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and quitting smoking and other tobacco use will also help you prevent developing a peptic ulcer.
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homoeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homoeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. The reason for this is that in order to select the right medicine a homoeopath needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which vary from person to person. A homoeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homoeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homoeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the past and present medical history of the patient, the family history, general, physical and psychological characteristics, etc. This hard work on the part of homoeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Effective Homeopathic Medications For Peptic Ulcer
Some of the most effective homoeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which is specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medications in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different areas of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsen the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homoeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indications wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constricted may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea.
When the underlying cause of peptic ulcer disease is successfully treated, the prognosis (expected outcome) for patients with the condition is excellent. To help prevent peptic ulcers:
- Avoid cigarette.
- Avoid aspirin and non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs.
- Avoid spicy and rich food if it aggravates.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take frequent small meals instead of two or three big meals.
- Consume a bland diet and hygienically prepared food.
- Proper cleaning of utensils for food.
- Proper cleaning of hands before preparing and eating food.
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs)
- Avoid common sources of Helicobacter pylori bacteria (e.g., contaminated food and water, floodwater, raw sewage)
- Good hygiene can help reduce the risk for peptic ulcer disease caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with warm soapy water after using the restroom as well as before eating and avoid sharing eating utensils and also drinking glasses in order to reduce the spread of bacteria that can cause PUD.
As people grow older, they age physically as well as mentally. Just as they become more susceptible to conditions such as arthritis, their risk of mental illnesses also increases. It is also important to note that physical ailments influence mental ailments. Thus, arthritis may not only be a problem in itself but may cause mental disorders as well.
Some of the most common psychological problems that affect the elderly are:
- Depression: Depression can affect people of all ages but the elderly have a higher risk of suffering from it. The symptoms and effects of this condition vary from person to person. These include feeling sad constantly, tiredness and lack of energy, lack of self-worth, unexplained weight loss or weight gain, insomnia and reduced appetite. This may be caused as a side effect of certain medications or treatment, as a result of frustrations caused by other physical ailments or just an effect of age.
- Memory Problems: As people get older, their memory weakens. Many lose their long-term memory skills. They may also lose their short-term memory. This is not the same as being forgetful. Characteristic symptoms of amnesia include confusion, memory loss, inability to recognize people, etc. Amnesia may be caused by a number of factors including trauma to the head, brain damage or psychological factors such as PTSD.
- Dementia: Dementia is characterized by the person’s mental inability to function normally. This could be in the form of random mood swings, apathy, confusion, changes in short-term memory or failed sense of direction. Dementia is typically caused by the death of brain cells due to tumors, infections, lack of oxygen, lack of nutrition etc. Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, vascular dementia and frontotemporal dementia are all forms of dementia.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: This is a kind of dementia as well. In such cases, the patient loses memory of where they are and believe themselves to be in another place and time zone. The patient may not be able to rationalize things happening around him and may be unable to recognize their own family members. This is a neurodegenerative disease that involves shrinkage of the brain cells. It may be genetic. Alzheimer’s can be treated and managed but it cannot be cured.
- Insomnia: Insomnia can be classified as a physical and mental ailment. It is characterized by the inability to sleep well at night. Some of the noticeable symptoms include tossing and turning for hours in bed before going to sleep, waking up frequently at night, waking up earlier than planned and falling asleep during the day. Insomnia in the elderly is typically caused by stress and anxiety. It may also be the result of certain types of medication.
Pregnancy is one such phase in every couples' life that the partners have to face a lot of changes, both, physically, emotionally and mentally. Whether sex is safe or not during pregnancy is one of the many doubts that couples have.
It is especially the expectant mothers who feel worried the most whenever it comes to enjoying passion and intimacy with their partners. However, studies have shown that sex during pregnancy is completely safe and many couples enjoy a healthy sexual relationship till the delivery date comes, only if you follow a few precautions which are discussed below.
- Always use protection: Even during pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease or STDs can be transmitted to your baby in the womb. Hence, it’s of crucial importance to practice safe sex only. Make sure to use condoms or vaginal protection every time you and your partner engage in sexual activities. During pregnancy, having sex with partners with sex history unknown to you must be avoided as it may increase the risk of you and your baby to become infected with STDs.
- Be careful while having oral sex: It's better to avoid oral sex when you are in your advanced stages of pregnancy. However, if it's oral sex that your mind and body craves for during pregnancy, make sure that your partner never blows air into the vagina as it may lead to air embolism where the air bubble creates a blockage in the blood vessel.
- Don’t try strenuous positions: During pregnancy, due to the anatomical changes in your body, you may become uncomfortable to certain sex positions which you once enjoyed the most. In this case, what you need is to opt for alternate and safe sex positions. For example, instead of you as an expectant mother lying at the bottom of your partner, try having sex side by side or you on the top etc.
- It’s better to avoid anal sex: Anal sex during pregnancy often leads to bleeding, infection in the anal area and even increased risks of STDs. It can also cause damage to the placenta. Therefore, it's best to avoid anal sex positions and learn to say no to the sex positions you are not feeling comfortable with.
- Pay attention to sexual comfort: During pregnancy, it’s very natural for expectant mothers’ breasts to become sensitive to touch or the vaginal tissues to become sensitive and engorged as well. Therefore, while having sex with your partner make sure to opt for lubricant based condoms and water-soluble lubricants for the nipples to give them a soothing feeling.
Therefore, it can be said that if you keep the above-mentioned precautions in mind, enjoying a healthy sex life when you are expecting won't be difficult at all. However, it's always better to consult with a sexologist to have detailed knowledge about the sex positions you should try and those should be avoided for having a satisfying yet healthy sex experience.