Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Shiv Ent ClinicYour feedback matters!
गले में संक्रमण या खराश आजकल एक आम समस्या है. जब भी आपको 38 डीग्री सेंटीग्रेट से अधिक बुखार हो, गले या गर्दन में सुजन हो, निगलने में परेशानी हो या पेट दर्द हो तो आपके गले में संक्रमण हो सकता है. गले में खराश आने के कई कारण हो सकते हैं जैसे प्रदूषित हवा, बदलता मौसम, अत्यधिक ठन्डे पदार्थों का सेवन, प्रतिकूल खान-पान आदि. इसलिए अपने गले का ध्यान रखना महत्वपूर्ण है. गले में खराश से बचने और हो जाने पर इसे दूर करने के लिए कुछ घरेलु उपचार हम आपको बता रहे हैं.
1. गुनगुने पानी और नमक
गले में संक्रमण का सबसे पहला और आसान उपाय ये है कि आप गुनगुने पानी में हल्का नमक डालकर दिन में तीन बार गरारे करें. क्या होता है कि आपके गले में संक्रमण की वजह से सांस की झिल्ली की कोशिकाओं में सुजन आ जाती है और गरम पानी के गरारे से सुजन में कमी आने के कारण गले में खराश से राहत मिलती है. गुनगुने पानी में सिरका मिलाकर पिने से भी आराम मिलता है.
2. भाप से गले की सिकाई
कई बार आपके गले में खराश का कारण गले का सुखना भी हो सकता है. इसमें राहत के लिए आपको किसी गमले या इसी जैसे खुले मुंह वाले बर्तन में पानी खौला कर तौलिये या किसी बड़े कपड़े को सर पर रखकर भाप लें. दिन में दो बार ऐसा करने से आपके राहत मिलेगी.
3. अदरक और लौंग
एंटीबैक्टीरियल गुणों से भरपूर अदरक और लौंग गले में इन्फेक्शन से उबरने में काफी मदद करते हैं. एक लौंग मुंह में रखकर उसका रस धीरे-धीरे चुसें. एक कप पानी में अदरक डालकर उबालें और जब पानी गुनगुना रह जाए तो उसमें थोड़ा शहद मिलाकर इसे दिन में तीन बार पिएं. ये भी गले में संक्रमण से बचने का घरेलु उपाय है.
4. मुलेठी भी दूर करे गले का संक्रमण
मुलेठी औषधीय गुणों से भरपूर होता है. गले में खराश से बचने के लिए आप सोते समय एक ग्राम मुलेठी की छोटी सी गांठ मुख में रखकर कुछ देर चबाने से सुबह तक गला साफ़ होता है. इससे दर्द और सुजन दोनों दूर होता है.
5. काली मिर्च, बताशा और तुलसी
सभी घरों में आसानी से उपलब्ध बराबर मात्रा में काली मिर्च और बताशा मिलाकर रात में सोने से पहले धीरे-धीरे चबाएं. इसके अलावा एक कप पानी में 4-5 कालीमिर्च एवं तुलसी की पत्तियों को मिलाकर काढ़ा बनाकर पिने से भी राहत मिलती है. काली मिर्च के साथ दो बादाम पीसकर पिने से भी आराम मिलता है.
6. अंजीर और सुहागा
गले की खराश मिटाने के लिए उपलब्ध कई घरेलु तरीकों में एक ये भी है कि पानी में 5 अंजीर डालकर उबाल लें. फिर इसे छानकर पानी को सुबह-शाम गर्मा-गरम पिएं. इसके अलावा आधा ग्राम कच्चे सुहागे को भी मुंह में लेकर उसका रस चूसने से फायदा होता है.
7. मुनक्के से मिटे खराश
कई लोगों को अक्सर ही गले के संक्रमण से दो-चार होना पड़ता है. उन्हें जुकाम में एलर्जी के कारण भी गले में तकलीफ का सामना करना पड़ता है. ऐसे लोगों के लिए सबसे बढ़िया उपाय है कि वो सुबह शाम दोनों समय चार या पांच मुनक्का के दाने खूब चबाकर खाएं लेकिन ऊपर से पानी न पिएं. 10 दिन लगातार ऐसा करने से आपको राहत मिलेगा.
8. दूध का दूध, पानी का पानी
रात को सोने से पहले दूध और पानी की समान मात्रा मिलाकर पिने से भी लाभ मिलता है. ऐसा करने से गले में नमी आती है.
पालक के पत्तों को भी इसके लिए इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको पालक के पत्तों को पीसकर इसकी पट्टी गले में बांधनी होगी. फिर इस पट्टी को 15-20 मिनट के बाद खोल दें.
गले के संक्रमण से सौंफ भी सुरक्षा प्रदान करता है. जब भी आपके गले में संक्रमण हो आप सुबह-सुबह चुटकी भर सौंफ मुंह में लेकर धीरे-धीरे चबाएं. इससे भी आराम मिलेगा.
I am suffering from nasal discharge from childhood. Ear operate in2001 and nasal operate in 2010. But problem is same. Bad smell is created from nose. All problems create all times. Plz advise me.
I suffer from sinusitis with no smelling sensation, crackling sound in ears. Heaviness in forehead while leaning forward down. Mild watery discharge from nose since last one year. Tried homeopathy and Miami treatment but problems still persist.
I have a scratchy throat and upper respiratory infection when I swallow it hurts. It started as travelling by Train Ac was too chilly for me I felt cold subsequently after 3 hours this sensation occasion al cough and nose also watering at times .feeling cold and lethargic.
What is Vertigo and what causes it?
Vertigo is a sensation or feeling of spinning around and losing one’s balance even though there is no movement in you or environment.
What causes vertigo?
If the vertigo is caused by problems in the brain or central nervous system it is referred as central vertigo and if the vertigo is caused by problems in inner ear, then it is termed as a peripheral vertigo.
The labyrinth of the inner ear has tiny organs that allow messages to be sent to the brain in response to gravity. By intimating our brains about the movement from the vertical position, we are able to maintain balance or equilibrium. Disturbance to this system therefore produces vertigo that can be created by inflammation among other causes.
The inflammation can be observed in the following conditions -
This is inflammation of labyrinth and vestibular nerve (the nerve that is responsible for encoding the body’s motion and position)
This is due to inflammation of the vestibular nerve.
It is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and fullness in the ear. The cause of Meniere’s disease is unclear but likely involves both genetic and environmental factors. A number of theories exist for why it occurs including constrictions in blood vessels, viral infections, and autoimmune reactions.
Patients having slight degeneration of the cervical spine and presence of osteophytes also have a tendency to develop Vertigo.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV):
(BPPV) is the thought to be caused by a disturbance in the otolith particles. Otolith particles are the crystals of calcium carbonate presnt in the inner ear fluid that pull on sensory hair cells during movement and so stimulate the vestibular nerve to send positional information to the brain. In people with BPPV, endolymph fluid continues to move even after normal head movement has stopped.
BPPV vertigo can also be caused by
- A head injury
- Reduced blood flow in a certain area of the brain
- An episode of labyrinthitis
- Ear surgery
- Prolonged bed rest.
Central vertigo occurs by following causes -
- When there is disturbance to the part of the brain (brainstem and cerebellum) that deals with interaction between the senses of vision and balance and,
- Sensory messages to and from the thalamus.
- Migraine headache
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Multiple sclerosis: The inability to move the eyes to the midline toward the nose.
- Acoustic neuroma: Vertigo causing one sided ringing in the ear and hearing loss.
Symptoms of Vertigo:
Vertigo is normally caused by a change in the position of the head. The following symptoms may be experienced by the people, who are suffering from Vertigo
- Feeling nauseated
- Pulled to one direction
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
Treatment for vertigo:
Treatment for vertigo depends upon the type and severity of the problem. Avoiding consumption of substances that can affect circulation, including caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol, drinking plenty of fluids.
Consumption of lavender and vitamin-D rich food.
Physiotherapy exercises include head and body movements done while sitting on bed (It is better to take guidance of physiotherapists for better and fast relief.)
Medications or treatment can be taken only after doctor’s consultation. Homeopathic treatment is fast and the relief will be long lasting. In most of the cases homeopathic medicines cured the disease without surgeries and side effects when conventional medical system suggested surgery.
Common remedies for Vertigo :
1. CONIUM MACULATUM - Conium is an excellent remedy for the treatment of vertigo with difficult gait, trembling, sudden loss of strength while walking. People complain about vertigo when lying down and turning over in bed. Slight noise or conversation of others or even shaking the head slighlty produces vertigo.
2. COCCULUS INDICUS - Vertigo accompanied by nausea during travelling can be very effectively treated with this Homeopathic medicine. Cocculus gives very good results when the Vertigo is accompanied by nausea.
3. BELLADONNA - Severe throbbing of the head associated with vertigo. Patient feels that he is falling to left side or backwards. It is also effective in patients with Cervical Spondylosis.
4. CALCAREA FLUORICA - Best remedy for treatment of Vertigo due to Cervical Spondylosis where bony tissue is involved.
My ears are paining nowadays while using headphones. What happened? Whether I was affected by ear ache or any other serious infection?
I am using otrivin nasal spray from 2 year my nose getting block every time I have food allergies and ot doesn't matter if I don't eat that food then it also happened block nose bcoz I am a bodybuilder so I have to eat eggs banana etc nd allergy report shows foods like this without otrivin I can't sleep can't eat can't breathe properly please help someone what I do can I don't use otrivin for some weeks then what should I do doctors please help I also use have use lot of nasal sprays but nd I see so much doctor's nothing happens.
I am suffering from sinus since 15 months & I have done treatment in many ent surgeon & general physician in delhi, he prescribed medicine then I used long tym, buy not benefit, now at this tym nose blocking ,headache and cough and voice change problem is occurring, and in this month I also treatment in ent, after 30 days taking medicine, He told me for SURGERY so what should I do, tell me anyone ent sir, please suggest me, mai bahut nervous hu aur ye problem sahi ni ho raha hai, agr surgery se ye sahi ho jaye complete to fr SURGERY COST KYA HOGA, MUJHE KYA KRNA HOGA, TELL ME.
I am suffering from dry throat and tonsils. I doubt that I have tonsil stones. How much money it takes to remove tonsil stones. please tell me.
Good morning I am DR Rajput, Pulmonologist. I deal with the respiratory disease which include Asthma, COPD and sleep apnea. The sleep disorder, sleep apnea is very common these days. People snore and they do not know that they have a disease.
I am going to talk about, "Why do people snore and how it affects your health?"
You know the structure. We breath through nose and we eat through mouth. There is a pasaage in the neck behind the tongue where the food and the air we inhale pass through it. But when we sleep, our posture changes due to which muscles get relaxed and makes the passage narrow. Then the tongue drops and makes it further narrow. If you are over weight, due to the neck fat, the passage gets further narrow. So, when the air passes through the narrow passage, it produces snoring. The stage beyond snoring when the two valves in the neck meet each other, the air flow stops and cause Apnea. When the air flow stops, the oxygen level in the body goes down, the brain gets aroused and sends the signal to these muscles and then you ultimately snot and this snotting opens the passage a bit. So, this repeatedly occur in the night and this results in oxidative stress. BEcause 1/3rd of your life, you are sleeping, i.e, 8 hours out of 24 hours.
So, during sleep, if the air flow is less which is called Hypopnea, the air flow stops is called Apnea. This leads to Endothelial dysfunction, which leads to High blood pressure, diabetes, cardiac problems.
So, it is important to know about Sleep Apnea and its relation to lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, cardio vascular diseases.
The diagnosis is very simple these days which is Polysomnography. It is a sleep study in which we record the brain EEG, EOG, EMG, air flow, snoring, oxygen saturation ECG. This gives an index which is called Apnea Hypopnea Index. If the Index is more than 5 than you have to be treated.
The commonest treatment which is available these days is the CPAP Therapy. CPAP is a very simple therapy. There is a mask which fits on the nose and it is connected to a hose pipe to a machine. The machine gives pressure to the air and this pressure splints this air way and the air flow is maintained. Oxygenation maintains, snoring stops and oxidative stress dissapears. This helps in controlling blood pressure, the diabetes become normal and the risk of cardio vacular problems decreases.
Thank you very much for listening to me.
If you want to consult us, come to our clinic or contact through Lybrate.
Hi there I am having ear wax or do not know what it is bcoz I tried to take out but I am unable to find it by my own so I taken ear wax liquid but still its inside there please tell me what to do.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
Sir muje sinus problm h OR mera Indian air force ka medical 9january ko h. Sir y problem kaise shi hogi.
Hi, I am Dr Monty Talwar. I am practising Homeopathy from last 21 years. Presently I am practising in Gurgaon. Today I will talk about Sinusitis.
Sinusitis is a very common condition we face specially in young adults. The most common symptoms of sinusitis we see are;
- Cheek pain or ain resembling tooth ache
- Nose discharge which may be thick, yellowish, greenish
- There may be heaviness in the head.
- Sometimes there is a post nasal discharge or nasal blockage.
- Also the patient may complain of fever.
The most comon causes are;
- Air pollution
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
Lot of time we get patients which are exposed to humid or cold weather also. The symptoms are when the sinuses are inflammed, then the patient may complain of pain in the cheek region and sometimes it may resemble a toothache.
- And if there is a frontal sinus inflammation, then the patient may have a dull headache and a heaviness in the forehead.
- If it affects an Ethmoidal sinus, then there will be pain between the root of the nose and in between the eyes.
- When the sphenoidal sinus is inflammed, then there will be pain behind the eyes.
Now the symptomatic approach to the treatment will be steam inhalation which helps in liquefying the discharges and the discharges can easily flow out and patient feel relieved. Sometimes we also advice gargeling with warm water. Now in Homeopathic approach, when patient comes with acute symptoms such as cold, cough, discharge from the nose, fever or headache we give acute medicines based on the acute totality of the patients.
Once these patients are relieved from the acute symptoms then we go to the constitutional medicines. A lot of time we see that the recurrent sinusitis will lead to chronic sinusitis. So, in such cases we need to give a deeper acting medicines called the Constitutional medicines.
Constitutional medicines are given on the basis of patient's nature, temperament, personality, physical generalities, whether he is more comfortable in hot weather or cold weather, how much he seats, food likes and dislikes, stool, urination, apetite, thirst etc. So on these basis we make up te consitutional medicines for the patients which we corelate to the homeopathic medicine. These medicines are very deep acting and they stimulate the imune system of the patient so that the frequency of the attacks that they keep getting, the intensity of the attacks over the period of time reduces till the patient feels relieved with the symptoms.
So, this is how we tackle sinusitis case in Homeopathy.
Ifr you have any query regarding Sinusitis or any complaint, you may consult me through Lybrate or visit my clinic on Sohna Road, Gurgaon.