Submit a review for Sathe ClinicYour feedback matters!
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process. Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life.
- Exercising the core muscles and supporting muscles: This type of exercise aims at strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. An easy way to locate these muscles is to stop the flow of urine midway or to hold one's bladder when one needs to pee. Keeping the muscles contracted for a period of ten seconds and relaxing them completes one cycle. This exercise helps improve erection and control your orgasm better by strengthening the core muscles.
- Exercising the supporting muscles: The second exercise involves pushups. Without this exercise, the other muscles might become tired and one may not be able to achieve sexual fulfillment. This exercise tends to improve the strength of one's abs, lower back, shoulder, chest, arms, legs and buttocks. The muscles in these body parts are the supporting sex muscles which work together to make the act more fulfilling. A set of 10 or 20 pushups, three times a day is recommended.
- Exercising to enhance flow of blood to all body parts: Rebounding on a mini trampoline for at least 10 minutes a day can improve one's sexual performance to a great extent. It is important that one engages in the act carefully so as to avoid injury or accidents. This exercise is both fun and easy. It helps to increase the circulation of blood to all areas of the body and helps to strengthen the pelvic, abdominal muscles, hip and leg muscles. This exercise also helps to overcome lethargy.
The penile size gets enlarged with arousal or with any desire or thought related to intercourse. A set of spongy tissues of the muscle corpora cavernosa gets relaxed and enlarged so as to accommodate the increased blood flow towards the penis with every sexual arousal. Similarly, there are group of muscles that help to withhold the blood from moving away from penis thus, it maintains the state of erection for satisfactory sexual activity. These are the physiological process involved with erection of penis in normal healthy men.
Any disturbances or interruption in this normal process leads to failure of erection with sexual arousal or desire or inability to sustain the erection for a long period of time. This condition is called as erectile dysfunction. One in five men faces this problem in their life. There are several factors that are responsible for causing erectile dysfunction. They include neurogenic cause, psychological cause, drug induced, vascular and combination of several other factors.
- Neurogenic cause: Neurological problems like Parkinson’s disease, stroke, head injury and Alzheimer’s disease can lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. These diseases may cause disturbance to the initiation or transmission of the nerve impulses that are responsible for the erection.
- Psychological causes: Psychological factor acts as a major cause for most of the sexual disorders or dysfunction for both male and females. And factors responsible for causing erectile dysfunction are excessive work stress, unresolved relationship issues, performance anxiety, lack of love and understanding between the partners, suppressed feelings and emotions, childhood sex abuse, previous misconception or negative failure past sexual experiences. These psychological factors are responsible for causing psychogenic erectile dysfunction.
- Drug induced: Heroin, cocaine, amphetamines and cannabis are harmful drugs that may lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. There are also few drugs which interfere with the regulation of certain hormones that are responsible for the sexual activity.
- Vascular cause of erectile dysfunction: Systemic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia can cause damage to the blood vessel and impairs the blood flow in our body. This may also cause decreased blood flow to the penis and may lead to erectile dysfunction.
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
I am sandeep singh. I am 22 years old. I am a bdsm lover. I feel some energy on seeing bdsm pics and videos. My dick also erects when I see bdsm. But I have problem of lack of sex desire. I have never had the feeling of sex .either I see porn or female body parts. I have never had feeling of sex. What should I do.
Hello doctor, recently I had a baby, and now we would like to take some time for second child, when is the best time to have sex to avoid pregnancy.
I masturbate three times a day and my penis often get erect when I see a girl and some extent I feel like to have a sex with call girl I does not know to stop.
I am 42 years, I could not get erection even having viagra of any type like Tadalafil, etc. What could be the problem and to whom I have to approach for this kind of disorder?
I can't do sex for long time why First round is complete in only 2 3 shot why and 2nd round start after 2 3 hour's why.
I am masturbating too much in a day I do 3 times and main problem is if I see any hot girl my penis get erect in public areas.
Hi myself ganesh age 24 I'm suffering from masturbation complaint since 3 years my penis color has changed and urine and penis is smelling badly and hair fall is more and I'm becoming fat kindly help me with medicine and in how many months can it be cured it tht possible to regrow my hair.
Dear Lybrate Dr. please suggest some home remedy for premature ejaculation or Other condoms they did not shows any harmful effects.
I am going to gym since last 2 months and I am also masturbating twice per week. Masturbation twice per week is good for gym boy?
Hello doctor I am very skinny. I used to masturbate everyday. Is due to damage of any organ or hormones that I am not able to become fat. If not how to become fat? Please reply.
Semen test done after 12 hours of intercourse Report can be considered ok or not ?please help Factors will increase or decrease.
Sexual intercourse may result in a feeling of pain during or post sex. There are a lot of reasons such as allergic reactions or psychological reasons so as to why one may feel pain from sexual intercourse. Symptoms of pain affect both and women equally.
Pain from sex (for women) can be caused due to the following reasons:
1. If the women have reached menopause it makes the vagina dry. This can cause modifications in hormones that restrict the vagina from being wet during sex and causes pain.
2. Infections such as genital herpes (a viral disorder) or gonorrhea (a bacterial disorder in the vaginal skin) can cause pain during sex.
3. If the passage in the vagina is narrow then it can cause pain during sex.
4. Allergic reactions from latex used in condoms can cause irritation in the genital region that may cause pain.
Pain from sex in men can be caused due to:
1. Infections in the penile area such as thrush which results in the irritated skin cause pain during sex.
2. One of the most common cause of pain during sex is a tight foreskin.
3. Inflammation of the prostate may cause difficulties such as pain during sex.
4. Damage to the foreskin covering the penis may cause a sharp and stinging pain during sexual intercourse.
If the symptoms are exaggerated and persist then it is recommended to consult a medical professional. In the case of itchiness and unusual discharges from the genitals, an STI (sexually transmitted infection) test is carried out. Another common treatment is using lubricants during sex to get rid of the dryness that is causing the pain. In the case of allergic reactions, it is recommended to test the products before using them.
Most of us our always worried sick about our performance in bed, but rather than worrying about it, we should try to invest emotionally in our relationship. Sex is supposed to be enjoyable, but it isn't always the case. If you are too preoccupied wondering about your physical appearance and your ability in bed, sex may make you feel more stressed than relaxed. This is known as sexual performance anxiety and can even get to a point where it makes you avoid sex altogether.
There may be many reasons for performance anxiety. Some of these are:
- Fear that you will not be able to satisfy your partner sexually
- Lack of self confidence and insecurity about your appearances
- Difficulties in your relationship
- The anxiety about not being able to have an orgasm
- A man's fear of premature ejaculation or taking too long to orgasm
Thus this type of anxiety is not rooted in any type of medical problem. Rather than medication, a change in thinking and perception is required to treat performance anxiety.
Here are a few tips that can help you:
- Fight stress: Stress in your daily life can spill over to your bedroom as well. This can make sex a chore rather than something to be enjoyed. Recognize your stress triggers and find ways to eliminate them. Regular exercise can be very helpful in reducing stress.
- Prolong foreplay: Sex does not have a time limit or there is need to follow a set of steps. Like any other activity, your body needs to 'warm up' for sex as well. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to control or release your orgasm, get into the flow of the moment and take it slow. Try getting intimate with your partner in ways that do not involve sex such as a massage or having a shower together.
Communicate with your partner: Talk to your partner about how you feel. Understand that it is not necessary to have an orgasm every time you have sex. Talking to your partner can help ease some of the anxiety and improve your relationship.
Talk to a therapist: Asking for help is not a bad thing or something you need to be ashamed of. Therapists are trained to teach you about how to be more comfortable with your sexuality and can help eliminate the triggers of sexual performance anxiety.
Give up control: Do not hold yourself responsible for your erections or your partner's orgasms. To a large extent sexual responsiveness is governed by the unconscious mind and hence worrying does nothing.