Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Sanjeevan HospitalYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Text the boss. Answer emails. Pick up the kids. Buy groceries. Pay bills. People today are busier than they've ever been - arguably, too busy. Certainly when couples find themselves too busy for sex, something has to give. Assuming a guy has maintained proper penis care and the issue is availability rather than ability, men (and their partners) may find these tips valuable as a way of helping busy lovers make time for sex - and by extension, better penis health.
1. Start the day right
Most guys assume this means getting in a quick one before work - and, hey, there's nothing wrong with that. But most busy couples feel a little too time-pressed for that. Instead, couples need to make some time just to be together. An ideal way is to set the alarm for, say, five minutes earlier than usual. When the alarm goes off, just wrap arms around each other and cuddle up for a few minutes. A little nuzzling and kissing is good, but it's more about just being together.
2. Get clean together
After a few days of cuddling in the mornings, set the alarm 10 minutes earlier every so often and take a shower together as well. Again, this doesn't have to include actual sex - although it's fine if it does. But it's more about being naked together, running hands along each other's bodies. Sure, it may mean that someone - especially the guy - may get aroused and feel a little frustrated if there's no time to act on that arousal. But it may also make a couple more committed to setting aside time when they can fulfill each other.
3. Keep it up during the day
Even if there's been no time to plan for sex, keep reminding the partner of how much they matter. Playful (or suggestive) little texts, an email with a link to something that interests them, a quick phone call - all this can help keep both parties feeling connected and anxious to share themselves more fully.
4. Schedule it
Sure, making an appointment for sex seems not-so-sexy. But not having sex at all is the ultimate not-so-sexy. The most basic of tips for busy people is to make an unbreakable date and time and keep to it. It may mean getting the kids out of the house, skipping the gym, letting the boys have their night out on their own, turning the cell phone off - some kind of sacrifice needs to be made. But it is worth it.
5. Enjoy it
This may seem unnecessary, but a surprising number of busy lovers put so much pressure on actually getting to have sex that they don't enjoy it when they do. Make the evening relaxed and fun. Don't worry about whether there will be an orgasm - or even necessarily if there will be penetration. Let the night be about getting back in touch with someone important and exploring their physical and emotional self. Go in without expectations and enjoy whatever comes along in whatever form.
Another of the more popular sex tips for men, busy or not: Be sure your penis is in good health. Regular application of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is perfect for this. When choosing a crème, see if its ingredients include a powerful antioxidant, such as alpha lipoic acid. Good antioxidants pack a punch that debilitates free radicals, knocking them out before they can create the oxidative stress that makes penis skin look aged and unhealthy. The crème should also include pantothenic acid, aka vitamin B5. Pantothenic acid is crucial for cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy penile tissue.
Guys into maintaining the fitness of their body understand the important role diet plays in staying healthy. The right food choices can make a huge difference in overall health; indeed, these same food choices can be instrumental in improving penis health as well. But what are some foods men should consider consuming if maintaining proper penis health is their goal? The following list includes some helpful choices.
It's not just because of their phallic shape that bananas are recommended for improving penis health. Most fruits are a good choice for men, but the banana has several things going for it. First, it is a good source of potassium, which is great for heart health and blood circulation, both of which are helpful in erectile function. (Remember, the spongy tissue in the penis soaks up the blood to become erect. Better blood circulation aids this process, and the heart has to be in good shape to keep pumping that blood around.) Potassium also helps reduce sodium levels in the blood. Second, the banana contains tyrosine, an amino acid that helps produce the neurotransmitters that increase sex drive. People also get dietary fiber from bananas, and that can help lower cholesterol, keeping a guy in better shape for sexual shenanigans.
Cashew nuts make a great snack, something to keep a guy going when he needs a little pick me up. They also are a good source of zinc, and the penis likes that. Zinc helps to block the enzyme responsible for breaking testosterone down into estrogen - thereby helping to keep testosterone levels higher, which can have an impact on sexual performance.
They're sometimes called Nature's Viagra, and while that may be carrying things a little far, there is a reason blueberries are associated with sexual performance. Blueberries are rich in flavonoids, which help those penile blood vessels relax and stay ready for an influx of blood. As with bananas, blueberries contain good fiber content, helping to eliminate "bad" cholesterol which can lead to blockages.
The secret ingredient in tomatoes is lycopene, a phytochemical that is another strong player in the increased blood flow sweepstakes. In addition to being an aid in erectile issues, tomatoes help keep the prostate healthy, further benefiting a man's sexual life.
5. Brussels sprouts
While Brussels sprouts historically have a reputation as "good for you but bad to taste," their recent prominence in the foodie culture has made them more palatable. Whether they suit a man's taste or not, they can still be quite helpful. These vegetables contain indole-3-carbinol, a compound helpful in boosting sex drive. Like zinc, it lowers estrogen levels, thus keeping testosterone at a higher level.
A man gets benefits from consuming either the fruit itself or its juice. Antioxidant-rich, it's also high in fiber and potassium, making it a good bet for helping with penile blood flow issues. Some researchers believe it can be beneficial in keeping the genitals properly sensitized.
7. Shitake mushrooms
This little guy can pack a punch. It has high levels of zinc, the benefits of which have been discussed previously. It's also filled with vitamin D; the absence of enough vitamin D can lower sex drive. And it's a source for choline, which helps stimulate one of the neurotransmitters that get things revved up for a guy.
These food choices can help maintain penis health, especially if a guy also regularly uses a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). If the crème contains alpha lipoic acid, a potent antioxidant, it can add a boost to the antioxidants in the foods listed above. The crème should also contain L-arginine, which can further aid in keeping open those penile blood vessels so that the organ can be ready and receptive for increased blood flow at appropriate times.
Dear Dr. my father had diabetes the blood sugar level is before food is 311 mg/dl and after food is 542 mg/dl please give the medicine to follow to lower and control blood sugar level in ayurveda and allopathy.
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
Doing a self-check for potential penis issues is always a good idea. Often in the process of inspecting himself, a man will discover he has some penis bumps which weren't there previously. They may be due to a rash or to some other rather simple penis health issue. But in some cases, penis bumps might be a clue that a staph infection is present, and that is something that requires a doctor's attention.
It's kind of a funny name, so just what is a staph infection? To start with, the "staph" part is short for staphylococcus aureus, a kind of bacteria. If the bacteria gets into the skin (usually through a cut or scrape), it can cause an infection.
If it occurs in the groin, it may present as a rash or swelling; it may also present as penis bumps or bumps on the balls, often resembling little pimples. In some cases, the bumps start as ingrown pubic hairs.
Staph can be annoying, but if it gets under the skin and into the bloodstream, it can become dangerous. In some cases, a simple staph infection spreads and becomes a urinary tract infection, pneumonia, meningitis or sepsis. The presence of infection can be especially dangerous if the form of bacteria is that known as methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. This bacteria is much harder to kill and can cause severe damage or even death. Fortunately, MRSA is much rarer than regular staph infections.
When the staph infection gets underneath the penis skin, it can sometimes cause extensive swelling (and not the kind a man expects when the penis is in a sexual state of excitement).
Antibiotics (most often penicillin) are typically used to treat a case of staph infection. However, cases involving MRSA may prove much more difficult to treat with this option. In some cases, it may be necessary to surgically remove infected areas, although this is a rare course of action.
As noted, bacteria cause staph infection, so the most important way to prevent this condition is to pay close attention to basic hygiene. Washing regularly is essential, as is wearing clean clothing (especially underwear and pants, where staph infection of the penis is concerned). In the summer, when men tend to sweat more, it may be a good idea to "air out" the penis regularly, perhaps by sleeping unclothed.
Direct contact with an infected area can also cause the bacteria to spread, so it's wise to avoid skin-to-skin contact with a partner's infection. Also, be advised that the bacteria can be spread through other means, such as using the towel or razor of an infected person, wearing an infected person's clothing, etc.
Keep an eye out for penis bumps or ingrown hairs, especially if they are accompanied by abnormal swelling. For men who manscape, take care to avoid cuts, which provide a direct pathway for bacteria to get into the skin.
Again, a guy who suspects a staph infection in his penis should see a doctor right away. Dead tissue can develop relatively quickly if the infection is left untreated.
Penis bumps are not always the result of a staph infection, of course, and may simply indicate dry or damaged penis skin. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can keep that skin healthier or more resistant to damage. Be sure to select a crème that includes vitamin A among its ingredients. Also known as retinol, vitamin A is a natural antibacterial agent, so it can help fight many types of bacteria that cause skin irritation. The crème should also include Shea butter and vitamin E, a potent combination of moisturizers that can repair dry penis skin and provide a moisture lock to keep the skin better hydrated.
Liver is not only the largest organ of the body but also one of the most vital. It filters blood, detoxifies chemicals, metabolizes drugs, secretes bile and also makes proteins necessary for blood clotting. Fatty Liver has become one of the most common causes of liver disease worldwide and has been recognized as a major health burden.
What is fatty liver?
Fatty liver or steatosis is the term that describes the buildup of fat in the liver. While it’s normal to have some fat in liver, more than 5 to 10 percent of liver weight is fat in case of fatty liver.
The prevalence of fatty liver has grown proportionally with the rise in obesity, sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle, improper dietary pattern, and metabolic syndrome. Subjects with significantly higher value of body mass index, waist circumference, percent body fat, total cholesterol and above normal blood pressure have more chances of having a fatty liver.
Currently, there is no drug therapy that can be formulated for treating fatty liver. A combination of dietary modifications and increased physical activity remains the mainstay of fatty liver management.
Diet to be followed:
People with fatty liver are encouraged to eat a variety of foods, choose from several food groups, and include predominantly whole grains and their products in the diet. Consuming high quality protein like eggs, lean meat like fish and chicken will help regenerate the liver cells. For the vegans complementary proteins like low fat dairy products, beans, legumes and pulses would enrich their diet. A daily serving of fresh fruits and vegetables is recommended. Unsaturated vegetable oil like safflower, sunflower or olive for cooking can be used. Plenty of water needs to be taken everyday which would help flush the liver of toxins. Combination of vitamin D, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids show promise for the treatment of fatty liver.
What to avoid:
- Fried foods
- Saturated and trans fats like butter, cheese and red meat
- High fructose and high glycemic index foods like soda, potatoes, white bread etc
Fatty liver is reversible if proper adequate steps are taken and a healthy liver goes a long way in enhancing the quality and longevity of life of an individual.
Sir how I can solve my Nightfalls problem I take already many product like nuts, salisnigra,acidphose but not working.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. The cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.
Vitamin D and pregnancy hand in hand go together. Expecting mothers need ensure they get the recommended amounts of Vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils, and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the new-born during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that Vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the Vitamin D level of new-born is largely dependent on maternal Vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of Vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in new-borns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have Vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep.