Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Sahyadri Hospital - BibwewadiYour feedback matters!
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
Neck pain is a common medical condition, which can be easily treated if proper care and medications are taken. It usually occurs due to strained neck muscles, often caused bad posture, though there might be other causes as well. Rarely, neck pain can be a symptom of a more serious problem as the condition is relatively mild in nature. The symptoms of a neck pain are very obvious which refers to any kind of discomfort in moving your neck on a daily basis. Along with this you might also have headache, stiffness of the head and muscle tightness.
Some of the most common causative factors of neck pain are listed below:
- Muscle strains: A muscle strain generally happens when you exert too much pressure on your neck continuously for long periods. It also happens when you have your neck fixed in the same position for long hours of the day. Muscle strains in the neck may occur when you keep your neck bent in the wrong way while doing activities like reading a book, looking at your mobile phone or working over your laptop for extended hours.
- Worn joints: Just like all the other bodily joints, the neck joint also tends to wither and degrade with age. This phenomena is known as the wear and tear of the joints. The bones of the neck joint tend to wither with time, thereby making your joint frail and exposing it to various pains and medical conditions.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression is a medical symptom whereby, there is excessive pressure put on one particular nerve in the body. Herniated discs or bone spurs in the vertebrae of your neck can press on the nerves branching out from the spinal cord, hence causing a long lasting neck pain. Damage caused from a nerve compression may be minor or severe depending on the pressure applied. It may cause temporary or long lasting problems depending on the degree of damage caused. The earlier you get a diagnosis and treatment for nerve compression, more quickly you will find relief.
- Whiplash: Neck related injuries are common phases of pain and discomfort caused due to an external damage to the neck as a result of a tragic sports related or vehicular accident. A neck injury is also known as a whiplash and it refers to an injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip. Whiplash mostly occurs during accidents, physical abuse or other trauma.
Burn surgery is very common these days. Burn surgery is usually done on people who suffer from major burns. Reconstructive burn surgery is usually required in the last stages when the initial burns have healed to a certain extent. Usually reconstructive burn surgeries are done on patients who have suffered from huge accidents and have burnt their face, neck and hands to a great extent. Patients requiring this surgery usually become unrecognizable after an accident.
When is reconstructive burn surgery recommended?
- If you have been involved in a household accident and the scars have not healed completely. Surgery might not totally heal the face, but it can improve your basic functions like breathing, smelling, seeing or tasting (if most of your senses are burnt and disfigured).
- Reconstructive burn surgery is also very useful for acid attack victims. Sometimes, burns are not only caused by fire, but it is also caused by chemicals and acidic substances which are worse and can completely burn and disfigure your face. When hydrochloric acid, nitric acid and sulfuric acid come in contact with your skin it seeps into the skin and burns off your nose, cartilage and sometimes even causes blindness. It disfigures your face completely, reconstructive burn surgery can do miracles, though it cannot bring back your previous features and skin texture, but it does make you look more recognizable.
- After a burn, facial scarring occurs which leads to the loss of eyelids, hair, nose and lips. In this case burn surgery is required.
How to take care of yourself after a burn surgery?
- Regular stretching should be done, especially if the areas of your burn include your hands, legs, joints, etc. Do as much as activities as possible like getting dressed and grooming yourself. It will also make you more self-reliant and give you confidence.
- Depression is very common after a burn surgery. A reconstructive burn surgery will not magically make you look the way you used to. A lot of sittings is required and remember, appearance and looks do not matter much. The wounds will fade away with time.
- Itching is also very common after a burn surgery. If this problem persists, you should consult your doctor for a moisturizer.
- Avoid sun exposure. Don’t go out in the sun, because the U.V rays are extremely harmful and can singe your already sensitive skin; you can also get skin cancer.
- Custom pressure garments should be worn to protect your skin.
Hello Doctor past so many years onward I doing masturbate 3 times every month. This moths onward I stepped doing masturbate but suddenly from 1 week onward I am feeling my body so weak low back is paining and hand leg I am feeling so much weak And same times in my foot cramps is coming if I put foot on floor means I am getting so tried I worrying about this much doc like life gone total body weak And all I can rebuild my energy back are not doctor please give me some suggestions.
He is having chestic cough since 2 weeks. Sometimes irregular breathing. Its scary. He doesn't have asthma after doctor check up. For this doctor has given him Defcort30 a kind of steroid fr breathing problem. Main thing is his cough is not coming out properly .taking cough syrup also and some medicines.
Hi. I am 16 years old. I frequently suffer from running nose. What can be a probable reason for that? Please suggest me a home remedy.
Is there a male alive who hasn't experienced an uncomfortably itchy penis at one point of another? Guys know that the occasional uncontrollable urge to scratch is going to hit them, even if they practice really good and conscientious penis care. But knowing that some itchiness is inevitable doesn't mean a guy won't find ways to minimize this annoyance as much as possible. That's why he may need to take a little look at his bedding to see if his sheets and blankets may be contributing to an itchy penis situation.
Why should bedding be a possible cause of an itchy penis? Well, there actually are several reasons. Often an itchy penis is the result of what is commonly called contact dermatitis. This means that the sensitive penis skin comes in contact with something that causes it to develop a skin reaction. This may be a rash, bumps, hives, redness or simply itchiness all by itself.
Very often, contact dermatitis on the penis results from harsh chemicals used in cleaning products. Strong soaps or detergents often wreak havoc on delicate skin, as can the fragrances that are added to cleansers to give a fresher smell. Bleach, especially chlorine bleach, can also cause skin issues to erupt.
So let's say a man is doing his best to be a responsible bachelor and is keeping his bedding regularly cleaned - and therefore more attractive to the women he wants to grace it. If the cleaning products he is using on the sheets, blankets and comforters are too strong, they may "rub off" on the penis and create an itchy condition.
This can be true if a man wears underwear or pajamas to bed (especially if his clothing is washed with the same cleaning products). But it's even more likely if the man sleeps in the nude, allowing his penis to rub directly against the sheets. And when engaging in coupling, the penis will again have direct exposure to the bedclothes. Truth be told, it's not uncommon for a man to masturbate by thrusting his penis against his sheets - and the combination of cleanser-based chemicals and thrust-derived friction can combine to make an especially itchy penis.
But the threat of harsh cleansers doesn't mean a guy should avoid washing his bedding. Being non-hygienic is equally bad, especially in terms of potential penis itch. No matter how clean a guy may be, bedding becomes dirty over time. Bacteria accumulates, especially when a man sweats a lot while sleeping. Dirt is brought into the bed just as a matter of course.
And if a man has pets that like to sleep on his bed - with him, or during the day when he's away - they bring their own animal dander and dirt with them as well. Even human bedmates can add something unwanted to the bedding, from a strong perfumed scent to pubic lice or even bedbugs. (That's one reason why it's a good idea to wash bedclothes after a sexual encounter, even if they were washed just before the encounter!)
So the trick is to make sure the bedding is kept good and clean, but that the soaps and detergents used are sufficiently mild to avoid any reactions.
Dry skin can also be a culprit
Most guys find a way to balance laundering the bedding so that an itchy penis situation is avoided - but sometimes itchiness slips in anyway. That's why regular application of a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is crucial. Itchiness often results in or is accompanied by dry skin, so a crème with active moisturizing ingredients (such as Shea butter and vitamin E) is best. It also helps if the crème contains alpha lipoic acid, a potent antioxidant which is a key component of penis cellular health and aids in keeping penis skin in good shape.