Patient Review Highlights
I was diagnosed with hemorrhoids. I am so thankful to Dr Arunesh Dutt for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. I saw his advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time.He doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. The overall atmosphere in the Prudent International Health Clinic is very soothing.
Dr Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. All the staff members were very helpful. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my fungal infection. From quite some time i was suffering from pain, but never gave much importance to it. But later it became worse .Thnaks to Dr Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay for the fungal infection treatment.
Someone from the office, referred us DR. Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of diabetes. he takes very nice care of me, i never fell that I am in Prudent Clinic. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have masturbation addiction. During the treatment, Dr Arunesh supported me a lot. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Prudent Health Clinic. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer the doubts. Thanks to him for the xepert care and guidance.
I was in pain due to my headache , One of my friend suggested to consult Dr Arunesh. He is very patient with all his patients. During the complete headaches treatment program he always supported and motivated me. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Prudent Health Clinic.
I was having this stomach pain, but the symptoms were not very visible. I am so much benefitted with Dr Aunesh treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Over the period of time the stomach pain treatment has helped me a lot. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
Thanks to Dr Arunesh for treating my thyroid disorder. My condition was degrading day by day but after consulting him, I am perfectly fine. I thank him for providing me the best suitable treatment. I am glad that I chose to consult him.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay to be very helpful. Excellent support. The doctor is a gem of a person. Very quickly he understands the issues highly recommend
He is very friendly and we got to know exact reason of headache instead of going for further tests and spending money on that.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay to be very helpful. Thanks sir for your answer
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay to be very helpful. Advice is quite helpfull
Dr. Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay provides answers that are professional. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Arunesh Dutt Upadhyay provides answers that are very helpful. THANKS
Great treatment, very well advised
The most dreadful part of going to work and coming back home is getting stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress level, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long-term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues ad a weakened immune system, which makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and overeating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because, at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions are accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in case where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in the polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter is inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the bloodstream. Long-term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body leading to higher risk of cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the AC setting of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood is termed as Anemia. You may also be diagnosed as anemic is your red blood cells do not have a high enough hemoglobin count. Since hemoglobin is responsible for the amount of oxygen in our blood, being anemic results in a decreased flow of oxygen in the blood.
There are 5 different types of anemia. These are:
- Iron deficiency anemia: When the iron levels of the blood are lower than normal.
- Sickle cell anemia: When the red blood cells are shaped like a 'sickle' and hence more fragile. This is an inherited condition.
- Thalassemia: When the body does not produce enough red blood cells or hemoglobin. This is also an inherited condition.
- Megaloblastic anemia: When the blood does not have enough vitamin B12 and hence cannot transport hemoglobin through the body.
- Hemolytic anemia: When the red blood cells are rapidly removed from the blood due to an infection, medication or disease.
Lack of oxygen can have a serious effect on the organs of the body. Hence the symptoms of anemia are also the effects of the disease.
Some of these are:
- Lack of energy
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Reduced attention span
- Numbness of the hands and feet.
Anemia can also lead to a number of major health problems such as:
- Heart disease: Anemia is directly linked to heart disease. When the blood carries less oxygen, the heart needs to work harder to pump it to the rest of the body. Thus, people who are anemic are at a higher risk of having a heart attack than a non anemic person. Anemia can also lead to arrhythmia or a condition where the person suffers from an irregular heartbeat.
- Pregnancy complications: One of the first and most vital supplements prescribed to a pregnant woman is iron. Iron is essential not only for a healthy baby, but also for your own body. Anemia caused by a lack of iron can result in premature birth and a number of other complications at the time of pregnancy.
- Increased risk of infections: Lack of oxygen in the blood can affect your immune system by lowering its ability to fight infections. This makes the body vulnerable to diseases.
- Cognitive damage: Anemia in children can result in a greatly reduced attention span and weaken their memory. Sometimes, even when treated, this can result in permanent scarring and reduced IQ levels.
Fighting anemia is not hard. Consult your doctor instantly if you recognize any of its symptoms and start eating food rich in iron to fight this disease.
My 2 month old labrador puppy bit me and it slightly bled. 2 vaccination of puppy’s has done but rabies vaccine is still remains. Should I take anti rabies injection or it is ok?
Your hangouts with your loved ones more often than not are determined by the locales. And, when I say locales, in the modern urban context, flamboyant or not quite fancy cafes and eateries dominate your imagination. One of the most brazen consequences of such hangouts is the increased consumption of junk and oily food. In fact, for many of us, the idea of good times is inextricably linked to consumption of good food which inevitably reads as junk food. Junk food craving is something we are all culpable of. While most of us know about the health implications that junk food entails, we usually choose to elide over them for the sake of our hunger pangs. However, there are certain ailments that accrue from the intake of junk foods and which, if neglected, can lead to certain grave consequences.
- Causes Diabetes- Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the contemporary times. Affecting people from all age groups, diabetes has assumed almost an epidemic stature. Junk food consumption is one of the most blaring causes of diabetes. These kind of foods are not only deficient in fibers but also the heavy oil content of the junk food misbalances your metabolism and spurs off other medical conditions like obesity.
- Increases the chances of digestive malfunctions- Since the junk foods are usually fried in oil and are brimming with fats, they are most suited to disrupt the normalcy in the process of digestion. As they get deposited on the linings of the stomach walls, the production of acid gets increased, leading to diseases like GERD and IBS.
- Causes kidney Diseases- Junk food addition is a scientifically proven vicious cycle. Most junk foods contain finely processed salts which stimulate enzymes, which turn disrupt the salt balance in your body. This results in a situation of hypertension in the body and affects the kidney functioning to a large extent.
- Increases the risk of heart diseases- Junk foods are extremely rich in Trans fats which spike up the cholesterol levels in your blood. This excess potentially raises the risk of inflammation in the blood vessels and emerge as chronic threats to the normal functioning of the heart.
- Leads to depression- Statistically, the largest proportion of junk food consumers is between the ages of 12 to 35. Consequently, this age group is also susceptible to the most rancid hormonal imbalances. Junk food, injects an abnormal quantity of salts in the body, thus affecting the hormonal levels. This makes them vulnerable to depressions and mood swings.
- Memory and Learning Problems- Junk food rich in sugar and fat suppress the activity of a Brain Peptide called BDNF (Brain- Derived Neurotrophic Factor ) which ultimately lead to inflammation in the hippocampus area of the brain which is responsible for learning and memory formation.
- Risk of Dementia- Unlike Pancreas insulin is also produced in the brain which carries the signals between the nerve cells and forming memories, but this process is hampered due to an increase in the level of insulin in the body and brain stops responding to hormones and become resistant thus increasing.
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Boiling water is considered to be one of the best methods of removing impurities present and making it fit for consumption. We all believe in boiling water before consuming it in any form, whether it is for drinking or to make a cup of tea, soup or any other hot beverage. But have you ever thought about the leftover boiled water? What do you do with it? Do you just throw it away or can you re-boil it and use it for making tea or soups?
Experts are now warning about the dangers of re-boiling water. Here’s why you should try and avoid using re-boiled water. As with all liquids when you keep boiling it the liquid gets more concentrated. Therefore re-boiling the same amount of water can make it more concentrated or increase the amount of dissolved salts in it. The harmful effects of re-boiling water are listed below:
- Nitrates: Nitrate salts dissolved in water are usually not harmful but over boiling or re-boiling the same amount of water can cause the nitrates to become a toxin, nitrosamine which is known to cause diseases such as cancer, leukaemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Arsenic: Re-boiling water can increase the amount of dissolved arsenic in the water. Arsenic in small amounts in water is not harmful and in increased amounts can cause conditions such as cancer, infertility, heart attacks and mental disorder. Prolonged consumption of water with the high amount of arsenic can cause damage to the circulatory system and skin damage.
- Fluoride: The consumption of increased amounts of fluoride dissolved in water can increase your risk of bone disorders such as fractures, tenderness, and pain. In children below 8 years of age excess fluoride can cause damage to teeth and tooth enamel.
- Calcium: Calcium is good for our teeth and bones but re-boiling water increases the dissolved amount of calcium which can cause kidney stones and gall stones.
- Change in water chemistry: Boiling water will get rid or reduce the amount of dissolved gases and volatile compounds in it. This would not only affect the taste but could also increase the concentration of unwanted chemicals and impurities in the water.
Due to the above listed harmful effects of re-boiled water, it is recommended that re-boiled water should not be used to make formula for babies. Studies have also shown that using re-boiled water to make a cup of tea can affect its taste. This is because the amount of oxygen dissolved in the water reduces when you boil it. Filling your vessel or kettle with just the right amount of water as required will not only be beneficial for your health in the long run but would help in preventing and conserving this precious resource. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Small cuts can be easily treated at your home if the chances of getting infected are low or the injury isn’t severe. You can clean and apply bandage to a small injury at your home without the need of visiting a doctor. First aid treatment is always recommended at home in all cases to prevent deterioration of a wound before you can visit a proper medical facility.
Here are some of the most widely followed procedures to treat cuts and small wounds at home:
The first step in treating the cut is to stop the bleeding by applying direct pressure on the wound. You may also find many non prescription products available which you can use to stop the flow of blood. If you feel that the situation is getting worse or out of control, then get to a doctor or a medical facility as soon as possible.
The second step in treating a wound is to clean the wound to avoid any possible chances of contracting infections and to remove dirt left in the wound. You can also use tweezers to remove any pieces of external material stuck in the wound. Wash the wound with cool water to avoid dirt being leftover which can cause infections.
Avoid the use of hydrogen peroxide, mercurochrome and rubbing alcohol which can cause a lot of harm to your tissues and also increase the amount of time taken to heal. The chemicals may actually damage tissue more than promote healing or disinfect the area. Instead, keep doctor recommended products which are known to heal scar bruises and small cuts.
Stitches and staples will be required if your doctor decides to close the wound externally. Your doctor will give you instructions to follow and also inform you about the time it would take for the wound to heal. The next procedure would be to remove the stitch after the wound has settled and would again require you to visit your nearby health care provider.
You should always follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid any further injury to your affected part. Even if the injury is serious it is important that first aid is administered properly until you can reach medical help.
The importance of a good night’s sleep is beyond doubt or question. The fact that most people tend to spend over a quarter of their day, lying down, goes some way to demonstrate the point. The English writer, Thomas Dekker once remarked that sleep is the golden chain that ties our health and bodies together. Sleep is essential and it is no surprise that we don’t tend to bother anymore about it, except for lying down and closing our eyes. Every one of us have our own preferred positions which we like to fall asleep in and grovel about, but we never care to concern ourselves beyond it.
Given below are some of the common sleeping postures and their respective pros and cons:
1. Back Sleepers: Some people prefer lying on their backs when they fall asleep. A large number of doctors consider this position to be the most healthy and effective one. This position is understood to be highly beneficial for the spine and the neck as the back stays straight without any compelled contortion. It also aids the mattress in supporting your spine and the frame of your entire body. In addition, the wrinkles on your face, if any, remain free to the open air in contrary to being pressed by your cushion.
Cons: On the other hand, this sleeping position results in an increased likelihood of snoring and at worst, sleep apnea.
2. Side sleepers: Lying on the sides or curling up to the pillows, is a common favorite among a large number of people. Most doctors advise pregnant women to sleep on their sides so as to increase blood circulation, which is highly beneficial to both the mother and the baby.
Cons: On the contrary, the stomach and the lungs are subjected to prolonged pressure if laid for longer episodes of time.
3. Stomach Sleepers: Sleeping on your stomach can be helpful in easing snoring and sleep apnea to a great extent.
Cons: This is usually considered as a detrimental sleeping position as the innate curve of the spine is forced to be flattened resulting in back pain. In addition to such, lying down with your head on one side for a prolonged period of time also leads to a stiffened neck.
In conclusion, no matter what your sleeping position is, it should be restful and effortless.
One thing that a weather change brings about is lung infections - most commonly cough and cold. Most people dread the change of seasons from one temperature to another because of the fear of how their body will react to the weather change. Be it extreme hot or cold, most people end up with a cough and cold. The more affected age groups again are the children and the elderly. However, all it takes to prevent this is to plan a little so that the body can get used to the change and not react with a cough or cold.
Prevention: There are few things that can be done which can help avoid catching cold.
- Avoid sudden exposure to cold, from a heated room to the cold outdoors, especially in the evening and morning. Those who are used to a morning and evening walk may have to change the routine.
- Avoid cold food items such as cool drinks, milk shakes and ice-creams.
- Having a warm bath, early morning and late evening is advisable.
- Avoid foods such as sour stuffs, pickles and fried foods.
- Eat small, frequent meals that are prepared fresh are nutritious and of moderate temperature.
- If there are infected people in your neighborhood, avoid being in close contact with them as you might get infected as well.
- Wash your hands enough to keep them free of germs
- As much as cold weather does not make you thirsty, push enough fluids so that your body stays hydrated. If water is not appealing enough, drink warm water or tea or lime.
- Ensure the house, especially kitchen and bathroom are clean and disinfected.
- Avoid exposure to dust and pollen as they carry lot of germs.
- Avoid staying in a poorly ventilated room, enough circulation ensures germs are not concentrated in one room
- Timely vaccination against flu
Treatment: Despite these measures, once the cough and cold has set in, the following are some easy remedies:
- Steam inhalation, preferably with eucalyptus oil added to it.
- Having warm soup with ginger and garlic added to it to soothe the throat
- Ginger and other spices like cardamom and cinnamon can also be added to tea.
- Lemon and honey can be added to a glass of warm water. This will soothe the throat and help fight cold.
- Chewing Tulsi leaves can be beneficial
- Yoga exercises such as Pranayama and Jalneti can be done to cleanse the nasal cavity, prevent sinus congestion, and clear mucus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Can HIV can be tested a day after having sex? Is it possible to know immediately? Or after many days HIV detected after sex.
Water is the most critical component for all organisms, and since 2/3rd of the human body is made of water, a person can hardly survive for about 72 hours without it. For understanding the impact of water in the body, it is essential to comprehend what it does. Right from helping in digestion to controlling calorie intake to regulating and maintaining body temperature to lubricating the eyes and joints, the functions of water are endless.
Dehydration can cast a negative impact on the body function since it causes electrolyte dysfunction. And the bad news is that most people can go unaware of this condition. Therefore, it is crucial to know about all the warning signs of dehydration so that you can take quick action and prevent yourself from further complications.
- Poor concentration along with confusion: Since the human brain is 90 percent water, water deficiency can have a negative impact on a person’s thinking abilities and decision-making skills. Lack of water in the body manifests itself through forgetfulness, amnesia, difficulty in thinking and communicating. It has been found that dehydration can also pave the way for mood swings.
- Dizziness and headaches: These are some of the most common outcomes of dehydration since it leads to reduced amount of fluids around the brain. This fluid is essential since it functions as a buffer that shields the brain from mild shocks. It can cause migraines and irritation headaches since it reduces the flow of oxygen and blood to the brain.
- Dry mouth and foul breath: When you are dehydrated, your body is not able to produce enough amount of saliva which has antibacterial properties. This causes foul breath since there is bacteria attack in the oral cavity. Dry mouth is another important symptom of dehydration since water functions as a lubricant that keeps the mucous membranes in the throat, hydrated which prevents dry mouth.
- Sudden cravings for food: People tend to mistake thirst with hunger, and they end up overeating. When you are not taking enough water, your body will send false signals to the brain that you are hungry while a glass of water is all you need.
- Constipation and other digestive problem: The work of water is to hydrate all the tissues in the body, and the digestive system is no exception to this. Water can keep the gastrointestinal tract clean and supple which helps in regulating the bowel movement and prevent constipation.
- Reduced urge of urination: If you feel that you don’t need to urinate after every few hours, your body may be in need of more water. Dehydration also contributes to change in urine color and in case you have dark amber colored urine, it means you should drink up more water.
So, whenever you notice such signs, understand that you have to consume more water regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I had unprotected sex in 3 July 2017. But after some day in 19 July I have tested Elisa test and it comes non reactive. They on 23 we get fevers and cough problem and it it ends with in 5 days after some medicine. But in 19 August I felt muscle pain in legs and joint pain in ankle and legs. Is it the problem related to HIV? Please tell us.
While it may not strike us immediately, the human body plays host to billions and billions of bacteria all the time. Even the ones who claim to be extra clean, have these. While some are considered normal flora, if not controlled, they could lead to problems like infection, odour, etc.
Read on to know 5 of the most infected areas of the human body.
- Mouth: No amount of brushing or rinsing can help in keeping the mouth clean. Our mouth is a host to more than 600 types of bacteria and these are required for maintaining the pH in the mouth. It is only when there is an imbalance that infection occurs along with bad breath. The tongue is another part which can allow bacteria to breed both on it and under it. The color of the tongue is a good indication of bacterial growth. Tongue cleaning or brushing is definitely recommended.
- Belly button: Again, no amount of time you spend in the shower can help you clean the belly button completely. It has about 2000 plus varieties of bacteria and given its hidden and warm nature (compared to the rest of the body temperature), they are ideal for bacterial growth. People with piercings and obesity definitely carry more bacteria than others. Immediately after the bath, try using a cotton ear bud in your navel and see how much dirt is accumulated.
- Armpits: Those who shave their armpits are better off than those who flaunt their hair here. It has more than 80,000 bacteria and not many are even identified. It definitely requires more cleaning than the rest of the body. Shaving the armpits regularly improves the hygiene of the armpits to a large extent.
- Nasal cavity: Air enters the body for respiration through the nose, and this air carries a lot of bacteria. The fine hairs in the nostrils which filter out the air of all these bacteria make the nasal cavity another dirty place. When fingering the nose or itching the nose, these get carried to the fingers and all other areas that get subsequently touched!
- Nails: Both the finger and toe nails are built such that they are perfect homes for bacteria, especially the skin under the finger nails. Those who do not clean their nails regularly are highly prone to nail and/or skin infections. Added to this, there are people who walk barefoot and the chances are further increased. Hard to believe, but the feet are one of the most ignored body parts in terms of cleaning.
While most of us consider the genitals and the anus to be the dirtiest, which is not totally false, there are more visible parts which need more care and cleaning. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.