Doctor in Prudent International Health Clinic
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Prudent International Health ClinicYour feedback matters!
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.
Are you bored with how your skin appears? Well, there are techniques to give it a new life. Your skin’s natural baby look can be back with techniques like chemical peels. It is a technique that can improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical solution is put on the skin. It causes the skin to exfoliate and later beef off. The new skin looks smooth and it is free from wrinkles. The new skin is more sensitive to the sun on a temporary basis.
There are three types of chemical peel:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: In this technique, alpha-hydroxy acid or some mild acid is made to penetrate into the outer layer of skin. This exfoliates the skin. It helps to deal with mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is put on the skin so as to penetrate the middle layers of skin. It removes damaged skin cells. The treatment is used for improving age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layer of the skin. It will help in removing moderate lines, and shallow scars.
What must be done before considering a chemical peel?
It is always advisable to consult a cosmetic/plastic surgeon first before taking up the decision to try a chemical peel.
What are the skin flaws that can be treated by chemical peels?
Chemical peels are used for treating a number of skin problems, including the following ones:
Sun damaged skin
Who should not take up a chemical peel?
It is generally believed that light-haired and fair-skinned people can go for chemical peels. It doesn’t go well with dark-skinned patients. It is also not recommended for people living with some infection.
Surgery using a laparoscope is the most common way to remove the gallbladder. A laparoscope is a thin, lighted tube that lets the doctor see inside our belly. It is a minimally invasive surgery in which small incisions and specialized tools are used to remove a diseased or infected gallbladder.
The gall bladder is a small organ that sits right under the liver and is credited with bile storage, which can help the body in breaking down various kinds of fats that enter it. So, what all do you need to know about this operation? Read this list.
Reasons for Gall Bladder Operation: The gall bladder is not a very efficient organ. It can lead to blockages and choking as the bile it stores can become very thick and difficult to handle. Also, this bile can start to harbor deposits that are hardball like substances, usually known as gall bladder stones. The size of these stones can vary from the size of a grain to the size of a golf ball.
Further, these gall bladder stones can cause infections which can lead to symptoms like nausea, vomiting, bloating and more. Another reason can also be the gall bladder disease known as cholelithiasis, which can cause abdominal pain. Inflammation in the pancreas, also known as pancreatitis, can lead to gall bladder open removal surgery.
Risk: While the gall bladder removal surgery is usually considered a safe one, with little or no complications, there are risks attached to this surgery too. These include sudden and excessive bleeding and the creation of blood clots, allergic reactions to the drugs used as well as anaesthesia, blood vessel damage, accelerated heart rate which leads to an increased risk of contracting a heart attack or heart disease, infections, inflammation or swelling in the pancreas, and injuries caused to the bile duct during surgery.
You might also need this type of surgery if you have the following:
1. biliary dyskinesia, which occurs when the gallbladder doesn't fill or empty correctly due to a defect
2. choledocholithiasis, which occurs when gallstones move to the bile duct and potentially cause a blockage that prevents the gallbladder from draining
3. cholecystitis, which is an inflammation of the gallbladder
4. pancreatitis, which is an inflammation of the pancreas
Preparation: To prepare for your gall bladder removal surgery, the doctor may ask you to have a prescription fluid so that your bowels are flushed clean. You may also be asked to fast for at least six hours before the surgery so that there is no hindrance to the same. Also, the use of antibacterial soap to bathe is usually prescribed so that the risk of contracting infections decreases.
While this surgery can be a simple one, you will have to take due care after the surgery to ensure that the recovery is fast and virtually pain-free.
I have rashes and itching problem in my skin. When the whether gets harsh and hot it appears on skin.
What Fillers Can Do On Your Face?
- Restores plumpness to lips
- Enhances shape of the face
- Reduces wrinkles and lines
- Helps contour the face
- Helps in brow lift, facelift and eye lift
- Smoothens frown lines
Are you fed up of tweezing, shaving or waxing the unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the right option for you. Unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body is not only time consuming, but is also a very boring chore, which needs to be carried out on regular intervals. On top of it, the process is accompanied with the worry of bruising skin and often resulting in patches. With laser hair removal, the process has become easier and hassle free.
As per the laser hair removal process, a laser beam hits the individual hair follicle after passing through the skin. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth and typically takes multiple laser hair removal sessions to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. The laser hair removal is most opted for areas such as female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men. The process is most suited for people with light skin and dark hair.
Laser hair removal therapy has been classified in five methods. Although they are all different, but they function on one same principle of converting light to heat producing effect of laser. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. The process does not require any recovery time which allows one to return to work immediately.
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal was the first cosmetic laser hair removal system. The wavelength of this laser is 694 nm. The laser damages the hair follicles keeping surrounding tissues and structures in the skin safe. It gives long term hair free results and any hair regrowth is thinner, finer and patchier than previous growth. The built-in cooling system continuously cools the skin and is least painful in comparisons with other laser hair removal systems. It can be used on small areas of skin and slow laser repetition rate resulting in better and long treatment times.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal works in a similar manner as the Ruby Laser hair removal system. The wavelength used in this system is 755 nm, which is in the red infrared part of the light spectrum. It is the fastest available laser hair removal treatments. It has excellent penetration rate and can cover large areas of skin. It also work great on albino skin and freckled skin, on which many other laser hair removal systems are ineffective. It is effective on skin with white to olive tones with thinner hair types. It is not suitable for dark skin as the skin pigment can change.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal are made up of diodes or semiconductors operating at wavelength of 800 - 810nm. It can be used effectively darker skin coupled with thick, coarse hair making it popular with men due to its effectiveness on back and chest hair. It is the next most useful hair removal light source and the most promising laser for hair removal. The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people. This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer. Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal is the most advanced type of laser hair removal system. It works at wavelengths of 1064 nm in a double frequency mode, which creates green light at 532nm wavelengths. It is effective on all skin types, including Asian and dark skin tones. It has a fast rate of repetition and can be used on larger areas of skin.
- IPL or Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal system is a non-coherent laser. It is flexible than laser hair removal, as there is no set laser wavelength. For this treatment parameters are set to suit one's individual needs, giving one a personalised treatment. It can cover large areas of skin and has smaller risk of damaging surrounding tissues.
Most individuals prefer to be in the best of shape and look flawless by getting rid of those extra inches or fat in the body. Excess fat, not only affects the self-confidence of the person, but also gives rise to several health problems. Bariatric surgery is recommended as a treatment option, for such problems & obesity itself.
Popularly known as the weight loss surgery, bariatric surgery is a popular treatment that has shown results and helped people to get into shape. To describe the process in simpler terms, it is a surgical procedure on the stomach and the intestines that result in substantially reduced food intake and weight loss in an individual. Bariatric surgeries can be of different types but it is important to remember that they are not cosmetic surgery.
- Bariatric surgery reduces the risk of cancer(s).
- Obesity has proved to affect the psychological functioning of a person - surgery helps one to regain their self-esteem and improves quality of life.
- Obesity causes menstrual irregularities and fertility problems in women. Bariatric surgery helps to improve fertility and reduces the chances of complications during pregnancy.
- The surgery helps one to live a longer life by reducing possibility of early sudden death usually associated with obesity.
- Surgery has also proven to help with health conditions such as arthritis, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, soft tissue infection and venous stasis disease.
Bariatric Surgery at present is one of the most common weight reducing surgeries but before considering it, it is important to gather as much knowledge as possible about the process and to also get it done under the supervision of a well trained and experienced doctor.
Though patient and family spends considerable time trying to understand the pros & cons of surgery, the single most important differentiator in outcome of bariatric surgery is post-operative care/support system affiliated with the surgeon.
The long-term risk of remaining obese is much greater than undergoing bariatric surgery. Though bariatric surgery in established clinics is performed by certified doctors only, still it is very important to research the surgical and back up facilities of the hospital. With internet support, one can also assess a program’s outcomes and safety track records. There is no harm in asking a straight or blunt question regarding number of surgeries done and even number of complications in the surgeon’s hands. It may appear difficult to decide but research and frank discussion can help make right choices