Doctor in Poona Dental Clinic
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Poona Dental ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have two extra teeth inside in lower row. Can these be removed? These are strong. If yes, then side effect. Pleaase suggest.
Hi, There so many tooth pastes available in market. Which one is best one to use regular basis (not for medical use) and why?
Root canal treatment (RCT) or endodontic treatment is a common procedure in dentistry. Root canal treatment is indicated if the pulp is irreversibly inflamed or in case of pulpal death caused by decay, tooth cracks or chips, or dental trauma.
Root canal therapy is considered by many to be the most feared dental procedure.
Dental pain is never normal, and it is unlikely to go away on its own.
My daughter is 4 years old. She has cavities in between front teeth although she brushes 2 times daily with colgate vedshakti and also has no chocolates or sweets. Only thing is she is fond of marie biscuits (no cream biscuits at all). Does she need any vitamin and calcium supplements as she is choosy in eating habits?
I am having wisdom teeth gum pain so feeling difficulty while chewing food, please help this is happening once every 6 months, now how can I get relief from pain and swell.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
1. Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
2. Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
3. After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
4. A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
5. Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
6. Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
7. Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
8. Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water (10-12 glasses a day) is vital.
Bad breath is a condition that usually results from poor oral health or digestive problems. Bad breath may also cause social awkwardness and self-esteem issues. The practitioner first carries out a diagnosis to detect the symptoms and prescribes a remedy accordingly.
The various causes of bad breath are -
1. Irregular brushing habits
2. Tobacco consumption
3. Consuming certain foods like onion and garlic may result in a foul smell
4. Yeast infections in the mouth
5. Dry mouth where saliva production is minimal
6. Illnesses such as kidney problems may cause bad breath
Homeopathy focusses on providing a holistic treatment rather than a symptom based treatment.
The various homeopathic remedies for bad breath are -
If you have bad breath along with dry mouth, Pulsatilla can be an effective remedy. Pulsatilla is a very effective treatment for getting rid of bad breath along with dry mouth.
2. Merc sol
It is very effective in treating bad breath along with increased production of saliva. If your salivary glands are overactive and have a moist mouth, then this remedy is recommended. It is also useful in getting rid of bad breath that occurs from dental cavities.
This remedy is recommended for bad breath that results from dental caries. It may lead to bleeding from your gums due to teeth decay.
7. Nux vomica
Nux vomica is used for treating symptoms of bad breath along with cold. This also relieves symptoms of indigestion and constipation.