Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Submit a review for Nature & Herbs ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Amazing experience....the doctor has ample of experience which reflects in the way he treats his patients...the doctor's advice and proper explanation of the problem got me out of the stress building up inside me due to the disease... and i am here talking more about the moral support and less of the medication because that's what one needs the most in a disease like this...the medication on the other hand was pretty good
It was really nice first of all I told him all my problems he made me to calm down and they way he spoke was so nice it make me feel good. He explained things perfectly and suggested me with good tip's.
The number of allergens are many and knowing what triggers your allergies can get complicated. The common triggers that are known to trigger allergic rhinitis are:
- Pollen, the most common cause for allergies
- Dust mites, and the faeces of dust mites that can cause severe allergic reactions
- Animal dander, which includes cat hair, dog fur, and may also include little flakes of skin
Avoiding the above mentioned triggers is more of a general guideline for the management of allergies. The lifestyle changes that you make to manage allergies:
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times. Drink about eight to ten glasses of water every day. This will allow the mucous to be expelled with ease, if you experience any nose block.
- During seasons like spring, when the amount of pollen in the air is at its maximum, limit your exposure. Try to stay indoors to avoid exposure to pollen or dust in the air.
- Make it a point to take a shower before going to sleep as the residues of pollen and dust stuck to your skin are likely to make your symptoms worse.
- Use fresh bedding and clothes every day. This will help to reduce your exposure to allergens.
- Remove your carpets. Carpets are home to dust mites and pollen grains which become difficult to remove even with vacuum cleaners. Remove the carpets during the allergy season, and replace with hard flooring.
- Keep windows and doors shut to avoid dust and pollen grains from entering the house and possibly causing allergies.
- Avoid staying around pets. It that is not possible, then wash them at least once a week to reduce allergies.
- Prevent inhaling cigarette smoke or smoking cigarettes. The smoke can be very harmful and can increase the risk of asthma in kids.
- Avoid outdoor trips during seasons when the pollen count is high.
Your thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland situated at the base of the front of your neck, just below your Adam's apple. Hormones produced by the thyroid gland do everything from maintaining your heart rate to regulating your body temperature to controlling your body weight.
Millions of people worldwide suffer from thyroid dysfunction and several don't know about it. This is primarily because people don't tend to link the common symptoms first with a thyroid disease. Some people suffer from mood swings, trouble with memory, weight gain or fatigue, all of which they look upon individually as a problem and hence not piecing together the puzzle of their real medical condition. Here are a few insights that'll help you cope:
How does the thyroid gland work: About 85% of the hormone produced by our thyroid gland is T4, which is an inactive form of the hormone. After T4 is made, a small amount of is converted into T3, which is the active form of thyroid hormone. T3 is then converted to free T3 or reverse T3. It is the free T3 that forms the base of thyroid functions.
What is hypothyroidism: Hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid, accounts for 90% of all thyroid imbalances. The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism develop slowly, often over a number of years, which is why it is often missed from regular treatment charts. For instance, fatigue and weight gain are often attributed to stress, lifestyle changes and natural ageing process. But as time goes by, some of the symptoms show a higher level of manifestation like muscle weakness, elevated blood cholesterol, thinning hair, puffy face, hoarse voice and slowed heart rate.
If left untreated, hypothyroidism may lead to goiter (enlarged thyroid), increased memory problems, low blood pressure, decreased breathing and in extreme cases, unresponsiveness and coma.
This disease may also occur in newborns, infants and children. Symptoms include excessive sleepiness, poor muscle tone and constipation. It is important to diagnose and treat it early, as in severe cases it may lead to mental and / or physical retardation. In children and teens, it can result in stunted growth, and delayed puberty.
What is hyperthyroidism: It's the opposite of hypothyroidism, which means in this case the thyroid overproduces hormones. Common symptoms include lack of sleep, weakness, irregular heartbeat, elevated blood pressure and hand tremors. While genetics are partially responsible for it, it is also triggered by autoimmune disorder. Hyperthyroidism can be treated with medication, radioactive iodine (not the first or best choice as it harms white cells too) and surgery. Keeping a focus on your calcium and sodium intake is crucial to curb the disorder.
Treatments: Conventional treatments rely mainly on drugs and surgery. Alternative treatments involve diet and lifestyle changes. Taking multivitamins, going gluten free, getting a good night sleep, and reducing stress is all said to help heal your thyroid gradually.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
Hi. My husband having problem as piles. It is bleeding also. And my doubt is the only solution for piles is operation or we can go for ayurveda. His age is 28.
What is the ideal diet and work out for diabetic patient who wants to avoid medicines as long as possible?
Having continuous headache since very long. Had B12 injection also but problem persists. Anger increases the headache. Unable to live normal life.
Hi. I bought this serum of vit c and E and ferulic hyaluronic acid with amino acid blend .can I use serum with makeup? And are these ingredients of benefits? please answer. .thanx.
I have ibs, its liver problem. Have tried both allopathy (normaxin ) and homeopathy but no relief. Also had jaundice in 2015 the problem gets worse when I eat from outside.
Hi sir when I'm having sex with my wife she is getting more pain and also when I ejaculate inside the vagina it's coming out from that after sometimes It happens 2/4 times. Is there any problem to my wife be pregnant.
I am 40 years old male and suffering from neck pain (cervical spondylitis) from 2 years. I came across neck physiotherapy and neck exercises but no use. Also used cervical pillow but got only less relief. Is this curable or not without surgery?
I am 56 years old male. I am suffering from erectile dysfunction problem. I am not getting erection even after taking dapoxetine. Suggest what to do.
I'm a 19 year old boy with inguinal hernia. I'm 70 kgs heavy and 5'11" tall. Should I go for laparoscopy or open surgery?
All of us have our 'good hours' and 'bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired. Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you.
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.
Did you know your health could depend on how clean your fridge is? The person's fridge can be the marker of his good health or his bad health. Most of the times, people neglect cleaning their fridge or just randomly stock up their fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. An unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment.
The following measures can make you healthy:
- Temperature Control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore, temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.
- Organization of Foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Prevent Growth of Bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Get Rid of Expired or Rotten Food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
The above points will ensure you eat more healthy and in turn, will result in a better overall health!
Related Tip: "Why Cleaning Your Fridge Will Make You Healthy"