Submit a review for Dr Sunil ugile piles clinic,puneYour feedback matters!
Hii doctor my sister age 21 year Tsh is 0.06 so is thyroid so doctor kya karna chahiye or T3 is 2.27 and t4 is 11.1 so doctor ab kya karna chahiye uski medicine life time chalegi pls give ans.
I noticed a pin drop of blood in my stool today. I was constipated. This happened to me a month back and it cleared itself after 2 - 3 days. I had my blood work done and all my values were normal. Should I consult a gastro or is it just a fissure?
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue.
When an organ residing in a cavity such as the abdomen tries to push through the muscular layer it resides in, it is called as hernia.
Though said to be genetic, hernias can be caused by things such as improper heavy lifting, incorrect posture, or chronic constipation and as a result of surgical complication or injury. Factors like obesity, pregnancy, smoking, chronic lung disease aggravate the severity of the hernia. It is believed that about 27% of all males and 3% of females can have a hernia during their lifetime.
Types of hernias:
- Inguinal hernia: The groin is the most common area, where the abdomen pushes through a weak spot in the lower abdominal wall, causing a protrusion into the inguinal canal. This is more common in men than women.
- Hiatal hernia: The abdomen has the diaphragm separating it from the thoracic cavity in the upper border. When it pushes through the diaphragm, a hernia is caused and there is almost always associated food reflux in these cases. Though the most common cause is associated old age, due to muscle weakness, there also are cases of congenital hiatal hernias.
- Umbilical hernia: The abdomen finds a weak layer along its length and protrudes through the skin on the stomach. Most commonly seen in babies around the bellybutton, it gradually corrects itself on its own. Quiet rare in adults, seen during pregnancy and in chronic obese people.
- Incisional: These are post-surgical, and happen when the organ protrudes through the weakened wall due to surgery. The abdomen is again the most common area and the hernia can happen either onto the external surface or internally, when they are called ventral hernias.
These are the most frequent types, though hernia affects other organs like the spine, brain, appendix, etc.
This includes a combination of constant monitoring followed by a decision to do surgical treatment. Hiatal hernias and umbilical hernias can be monitored for a while before deciding on surgery. Inguinal hernias may require surgery earlier in the stage. Post-surgery, a mesh is placed to hold back the tissue in its corrected place. The umbilical hernia in children could be self-limiting. If it does not get auto-corrected in the first year of life, that also would qualify for a surgical treatment. Hernias need to be managed under medical supervision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
The gall bladder is well distended and shows uniformly thin and regular walls without mass lesions. There are multiple intraluminal calculi 10-12 in number with average size measuring 4-5 mm seen within.
I am a known case of thyroiditis detected in the year 2015 but wasn't on any medication as TSH Profile was WNL, though I took thyrovol supplement for 3 months when my TSH was fluctuating sometimes high and sometimes low. I had spontaneous conception. During pregnancy I had low TSH and was started on tab eltroxin 50. My post pregnancy TSH aftr 2 months of delivery was 0.01 and after 4 months it has com to 0.18 (2_4. 2) with T3 4.09 (0.6-1.7) and T4 0.77 (0.34-4.25) though I had continued tab eltroxin 25 till now. What should I do now as my TSH is still below normal range. M having severe hair fall, lack of appetite, and irritability, I feel sleepless sometimes.
Hi, I am Dr Monty Talwar. I am practising homeopathy since last 20 years. Presntly I am practising in Gurgaon. Today, let us discuss about Gallstones.
Gallstones is the formation of stones in the gall bladder. These gallstones can be either Cholestrol stones or Bilirubin stones.
The cholestrol stones appear yellowish or whitish in colour. The bilirubin stones appear blackish in colour. Sometimes there is a combination of these two stones. THere may be either single stones or multiple stones. The patient may complain of moderate to severe pain in abdomen, nausea, vomiting, lot of gas, fever.
Now the causes can be dietary. If the patient is taking very less water or fluid. Diet which is rich in carbohydrates. THe diet which is rich in oily fatty food like ghee, oil, cheese, byutter. and again lack of exercise
Other causes can be Obesity, constipation, liver disease, diabetes or family history of gallstones, pregnancy.
Earlier, gallstones were most commonly found in women around 40 years of age. BUt these days we see lot of younger adults facing problem of gallstones. So, the treatment includes;
- Advising a proper diet to the patient.
- More intake of water (atleast 10-12 glasses of water everyday).
- Reduce carbohydrates in diet
- Reduce the intake of oily, fatty food like ghee, butter, oil and cheese.
- Regular exercise is advised to the patient.
In homeopathy, we give acute medicines when the patients come with the acute totality or having lot of pain Nausea, vomiting, acute fever. We give acute medicines to relieve the patient from the pain. Once the pain is settled, we give constitutional medicine to the patient. These constitutional medicines are deep acting medicines. THey help to stimulate the immune system of the patient.
The constitutional medicines are given on the basis of the nature temperament of the pateint, physcial generalities whether he is comfortable in hot weather or cold weather. How much he sweats, his urination, desire in food, his nature, temperament. All these things make up this constitutional make up. These medicines have to be given for the long time, liek 6 months to 1 year so that the stoens can dissolve. In this way we approach a case with gallstones.
If you have any query regarding gallstones or any other complain, you can consult me online through Lybrate or visit my clinic which is in Sohna Road.
Sir, I have a gall stone of 11 mm & multiple is there. I am using Homeopathic medicine from three months still not reduced. Kindly help me.
Gallstones are a medical condition in which the formation of stones takes place in the bile duct or the gallbladder. One of the major factors responsible for the formation of gallstones is an elevated excretion of cholesterol by the liver, most of which remains undissolved by the bile. The undissolved cholesterol may crystallize resulting in the formation of gallstones (yellow cholesterol stones, a condition termed as Cholesterol Gallstones). In some cases, increased level of bilirubin in the bile (triggered by a liver problem, liver damage or other medical conditions), which doesn't undergo a breakdown, may lead to stone formation (known as Pigment Gallstones). Here, the stones appear black or dark brown in color.
Gallstones are common among women, especially those who are 40 years and more. Obesity, diabetes, liver disorders, unhealthy diet (rich in fats and cholesterol), certain medications (those containing estrogen) can also trigger the formation of gallstones. Gallstones left untreated and unattended can give rise to serious complications such as blockage of the pancreatic duct (resulting in Pancreatitis) or the bile duct. There may also be inflammation of the gallbladder. In extreme cases, a person may even suffer from something as serious as Gallbladder Cancer.
Laparoscopy to remove the gallstones
- While a lot of treatments and medications are available to deal with gallstones, most people opt for Laparoscopy. What makes laparoscopic surgery superior to the other open surgeries is that it is minimally invasive with a better and quick recovery. Also termed as Cholecystectomy, the laparoscopic surgery for the removal of gallstones as well as the gallbladder involves the following steps.
- General anesthesia is given to the patients before the surgery.
- The surgeon makes 3-4 small incisions in the abdomen.
- The surgeon then inflates the stomach to get a better view of the internal organs (including the organs affected). Carbon dioxide gas is passed into the stomach to inflate it.
- In the next step, the surgeon carefully inserts a laparoscope (a narrow and long tube that comes with a high-density light and a front camera with a high-resolution) through one of the incisions (usually the one close to the belly button) to aid in the surgery.
- Nex,t the surgeon inserts the surgical instruments needed to get the gallstones and the gallbladder removed.
- Before the surgical removal of the gallstones and the gallbladder, an important X-ray of the bile duct called the Intraoperative Cholangiography (shows the bile duct anatomy) is done.
- With the gallbladder and the stones removed, the laparoscope and the surgical instruments are then removed and the incisions stitched carefully.
- The gallbladder is known to store the bile pigment. With the removal of the gallbladder, there is a small rearrangement. The bile pigments now move from the liver into the small intestine via the bile duct.
- The patients may require spending 1-2 days in the hospital. The patient is expected to be in a better shape (less discomfort) within 2-3 weeks.
- In case complications arise during the surgery, the surgeon may have to switch onto an open surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
My sister is suffering with ulcerative colitis n thyroid. She is having doctor and eltroxin for Thyroid but swelling on her face is not cured yet. please help me to find.
I have done my inaugural hernia repair on 15 july. Yesterday I did my semen test after test my sperm count is nill. Is due to hernia surgery? It will cure automatically after 3-4 month? Nill sperm count can affect my sex drive?
My father's age is 53 2 days before he vomit blood through mouth for 3 times (3 bar ). Ultrasound sound report says USG OF ABDOMEN The liver is mildly coarse echotexture showing no focal lesion There is mild splenomegaly of around 13. 3 cm There is no dilated duct seen. The gall bladder is partially distended with edematous wall The pancreas is normal The portal vein measure 11. 5 mm and the CBD 4.2 mm both are normal. Mild GE junction collaterals are seen. There is minimal ascites but no obvious enlarged nodes seen. The right kidney measure 10.4×3.2 cm and the Left kidney 10×3.4 cm There is no hydronephrosis and CM differentiation is well maintained There is no calculus or mass The full bladder volume measure 250 ml and the residual volume is insignificant. The prostatic weight is around 12gms Impression: mildly coarse liver with edematous gall bladder and mild splenomegaly as well minimal ascites. Mild GE junction collaterals. Finding favour chronic liver disease. Normal caliber portal vein showing hepato petal flow. Kindly reply.
Male Age 32, taking thyronorm 100 mcg. Have not checked tsh for some time and not consulted doctor for few years now. Can this lead to heart issues like shortness of breath of uneasiness in breathing and sleep issued.
My son is four years old suffering from inguinal hernia please advice if it is 100% curable in homeopathic.
It is extremely remarkable to note how homeopathic treatments have gained immense acceptance and recognition in the field of modern-day treatment procedures, offering the most effective and safe medication options. A number of thyroid problems can, in fact, be alleviated with the help of homeopathic remedies, also saving you the trouble of encountering unwanted and unforeseen side effects of the normal prescription drugs. The most common problems pertaining to the thyroid gland are possibly hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the conditions can be cured with utmost efficacy when the right drugs are prescribed.
Hypothyroidism And Homeopathy
Hypothyroidism is the medical condition wherein the thyroid gland underperforms and produces insufficient amount of hormones required for the normal functioning of the body. The most effective homeopathic remedies for hypothyroidism are:
- Nux Vomica: This remedy is usually recommended to those patients who suffer from extreme temperament and ones who feel chilly often without any particular reason. Obstinate constipation in the patients is also curbed by this medicine. Women with prolonged periods are also prescribed Nux Vomica to decrease the incidence of period related problems.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: Patients of hypothyroidism who complain of gastric troubles are the ones who usually opt for Lycopodium Clavatum. Excessive hair fall as a result of hypothyroidism can also be cured with it.
- Calcera Carbonica: It is usually ranked as the best medicine for treating hypothyroidism, especially in patients who suffer from cold feet, extreme fatigue, and bowel problems.
Hyperthyroidism And Homeopathy
A condition wherein the thyroid gland tends to be overactive and produces more than the requisite level of hormones is usually referred to as a classic case of hyperthyroidism. Homeopathic treatments for this abnormality aim at treating the root causes to achieve best results:
- Lachesis Mutus: Hyperthyroidism patients who persistently complain of rising body heat are prescribed this. It also lessens the problems of fatigue and queasiness.
- Iodium: Patients who lose their weight quickly despite maintaining a healthy diet are prescribed doses of Iodium. Anxiousness and fatigue are also cured along with other problems.
- Conium Maculatum: Patients who suffer from acute depression and refuse to participate in day-to-day activities are generally given this. Trembling and profuse perspiration are treated effectively with the help of Conium Maculatum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water only half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk before and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal.
Herbs for Healing Hernia-
An integral part of natural cures is herbal remedies and herbs are excellent cures that are effective and devoid of side effects when taken with proper consultations of an herbalist. To heal hernia one can take herbs like fennel seeds, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, Licorice root and black walnuts.
A majority of these herbs can be consumed in the form of herbal teas while others are available in the form of supplements and capsules. Herbs like fennel can be consumed as it is since it is highly beneficial in enhancing the digestion. Licorice root is very good for neutralizing the acid formation and slippery elm helps in easing the discomfort and pain in the abdomen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.