Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant Manjrekar ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam I have problem to my penis. i.e my penis foreskin is not moving freely. So I am not eligible to for sex life is it correct or not. I have a surgery. People saying your not eligible for sex life please give good solution please mam.
Hi, I am having gas is formed and pain occurs due to the acidity's sleep due to sleep only for two to three hours at night. Even the stomach is not clear, it has to sit in the latrine for half an hour, even after the stomach is not clear.Please suggest me something for that.
I want to have naturally have sex for more time give some natural tips to sex for more time. Because while having sex I am just doing sex for a 2 min or hardly 3 minutes I want to sex for large time by naturally. Please give me some natural tips.
I feel in my head. Tightness. Dizziness. All time feel headache. blur vision. Also my chest discomfort .and after sex I feel very weak. please help. My MRI CT Scan are normal I take provanol sr 40 and spenzo tablet.
I am having regular cold and running nose. I have dust allergy too. What should I do to stop the cold?
I am 40 year old and have some sleeping problems what happens if I take 1 full restyl 0.5 mg once a week and what are the side effects because I am a bit alcoholic n have alcohol daily. And also what is the risk if a crush it and take it with water.
Sir mera ko gala me suba ke time brush karta hua halka sa khoon ata 3 month se asa ho raha jeb be safed rehti ha kya yeh hiv symptoms to nahi ha.
Sir, my father is 59 years old .he has regular cough problem from 2 months. The cough is dry as we are from cold region .so in every winter he gets problem of cough. Please suggest.
I Have Early Falling Problem. I take viagra 50 mg but not worked. First time I tried but I am fall without doing anything.
Hi doc. Sir my problem is very serious actually. There is no growth in my penis and also very rarely erect. I'm 26.
What are the chances of contracting HIV or HPV through oral sex (Multiple partners), no ejaculation? Can wounds or cuts in the mouth or lips transfer HIV from one person to another during kissing, if one of them is HIV positive?
Hello doctors firstly I would like to say thanks all of you because I got many helpful remedies. Today I want to share my sexual problem. I and my husband we both involve in intercourse activity daily. But from someday .I don't feel active sexually. I didn't want to do sex but I did last 4.5 days .last time I totally fed up .I shared with my husband that mentally or I think physically I don't wanna hav sex for few days. He understand my feelings. But I don't know why this happened .I feel very burning in vagina while hv sex from few days. But befot I was very active .these days I don't like to do please help me doctor. I am very healthy conscious person.
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eye ball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and considered an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Early AMD
This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD
A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD
People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss.
Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasions are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contacting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in omega 3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.
Migraine is a very common form of a headache which strikes nearly 15 % of the population. Females are more prone to migraines. Science has not been able to find the real cause behind migraine attacks and the way it treats these massive headaches is also patchy at best. A migraine occurs for a definite period of time, usually, comes with a warning and paralysing pain.
According to Ayurveda, migraine is a tri-dosha disorder. It occurs when vata or the wind element goes out of sync. Vata controls the nervous system and brain activity. Vata imbalances are linked to many diseases like joint problems, dizziness and it happens because of faulty metabolism, poor elimination, sleeplessness, etc. Pitta the fire element also has a role to play in migraines. It causes dilation of the blood vessels, which brings on a migraine attack.
Ayurvedic physicians can identify which dosha is causing a migraine. If the patient is constipated, has acute pain and has dry skin, his Vata is out of whack. If a patient has nosebleeds, is hypersensitive to light, has burning eyes and is irritable, pitta is out of balance. And if a patient has fatigue, is depressed and has a dull throbbing in the head, he is suffering a Kapha imbalance.
- Shirolepa: Application of herbal pastes to pacify pitta like sandalwood, camphor, Jatamansi.
- Shiro Dhara: Medicated oils are poured on the scalp.
- Taila dhara: Oils like ksheerabala taila, chandanadi taila are poured on scalp for calming higher vata imbalances.
- Ksheera dhara: Here cow milk is poured on the scalp to pacify pitta.
- Takra dhara: Also known as buttermilk is poured when there is obstruction to passage of vata.
- Kavala graha: Oil pulling done with oils like chandanadi taila and mahanarayana taila.
- Shirovasti: Medicated oils are retained on the scalp by wearing a leather cap.
- Sneha nasya: Oils like Anu tailam are poured into nostrils.
Apart from there therapies herbs like Kumari or Aloe vera, Amalaki or amala and Bala or Sida cardifolia are very useful as migraine cures. Several Ayurvedic medicines are also very useful in migraine-like-
- Pathyadi khada: It is used in the treatment of headaches, earaches, and migraine etc.
- Shirashooladi vajra rasa: It is used in the treatment of headache, migraine, tension headache, vascular headache etc.
- Bhoonimbadi khada: Used as a cure for fever, cold, sinusitis, headache.
- Kamadugha rasa: Used to cure all high pitta conditions.
- Godanti Bhasma: 250 mg of this medicine is also given twice a day for immediate relief from migraines.
Patients should also eat warm, nutritive foods like sesame, sweet fruits, cumin, garlic, jaggery and rice for balancing Vata. For balancing pitta, they should stay away from smoking and drinking at the very least.
Erectile dysfunction can severely limit life’s simple pleasures. It may also cause strife in one’s marital life and be a cause for social embarrassment and low self-esteem. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction According to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction is usually caused due to a number of factors which include lifestyle habits, physical as well as psychological issues. Defects within the spinal cord, injuries or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An overly abusive childhood or sex associated with guilt may also be responsible. In Ayurveda, the disorder is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this, may, thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How can Ayurveda help cure ED?
According to Ayurveda, ED is basically a condition of low vitality. Generally, vitiation of vata dosha is responsible for Klaibya or ED. On the basis of the cause, seven types of Klaibya are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts, e.g. Manasik klaibya is caused by psychological factors, Doshaj klaibya is caused by physiological factors, Shukrakshayaj is caused by deficiency of Shukra dhatu, Vyadhi is cause by some other disease like diabetes, Aghataj is caused by surgical or accidental trauma, Shukranirodhaj is caused by suppression of sexual urge and Sahaj means congenital.
Ayurveda takes a more holistic approach. The exact combination of the methods and the exact implementation chosen may vary according to the specific causes.
- Vajikarana therapy – This is a holistic cleansing process that aims to correct the bodily faults which might have been causing ED. It includes certain processes, such as controlled regurgitation, to flush out toxins from the body, specially designed Ayurvedic massages, a tailor made diet, and various other herbal concoctions which can rejuvenate one’s vitality.
- Specified drugs to correct ED – Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective as well; both in the form of special Ayurvedic medicine or home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Bringing in lifestyle modifications – Drinking excessively, smoking and consuming junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as other imbalances within the body. These may affect pressure or sugar levels in your body as well as the heart’s condition, thus resulting in ED. Ayurveda requires one to cut down on or quit certain habits related to one’s lifestyle which might be causing ED.
- Yoga and meditation – Regular exercises would definitely help in this regard. Meditation and yoga would thus be an integral part of the treatment process.
As the name suggests, congenital nephrotic syndrome affects the kidneys of newborn babies. Though congenital means the disease must be present from birth, babies who develop nephrotic syndrome in the first three months are also said to suffer from this condition. This is a rare genetic disorder that is passed down from parents to their children. Boys are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than girls. The congenital nephrotic syndrome causes the kidneys to leak large amounts of protein into the baby’s urine. This can lead to swelling of the body tissues and a weakened immune system.
Some of the common symptoms of this disease include
- Low birth weight
- Lack of appetite
- Swelling of the body
- Foamy or frothy urine
- Lowered urine production
Pregnant women are usually screened for this condition before the baby is born. The doctor will be looking for a placenta that is larger than normal in an ultrasound and high levels of alpha fetoprotein in amniotic fluid samples. If found; the doctor might ask for a genetic test to confirm the diagnosis.
Once the baby is born, he or she will show signs of fluid retention as the body begins to swell. Other signs your doctor will look out for are high blood pressure, signs of malnutrition and abnormal sounds from the heart and lungs. A urine analysis will also show high levels of protein in the urine though the overall protein levels in the body may be low. The doctor may also ask for a kidney biopsy in some cases to confirm the diagnosis.
Aggressive forms of treatment in the early stages of this disease can help control it. This may include antibiotics, blood pressure medication, ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers to reduce protein leakage and diuretics to manage excess fluid build-up. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may also help reduce the amount of protein leaking into the urine. In addition, the doctor may advise you to limit fluid the baby’s fluid intake to control the swelling. As a last resort, the kidneys may need to be removed to prevent protein loss. This will be followed by dialysis or a kidney transplant.
If left unchecked, this disorder can lead to a number of complications including acute kidney failure, blood clots, infections and diseases related to malnutrition. It can also lead to the death of a baby in the first year of catching the infection or before his or her fifth birthday.
The anal area is a highly vascular area, and if not maintained hygienically, it can lead to health issues including infection. The anal canal can get infected quite easily and if these infected parts begin to discharge pus, it could leak through the anal canal. This is known as anal fistula, and can be caused due to:
- Unhygienic toilet habits leading to infected anal region, which can pass up the anal canal
- Can be caused due to excessive straining, which can be due to constipation
- Post-surgical effect, where an existing anal abscess was drained
- The fistula could be constantly draining pus or blood, producing a constant moist feeling in the anal region
- In some, it could be intermittent draining with full dry spells in between
- There could also be pain, which is constant and throbbing and worse with sitting
- Pus discharge can produce a foul smell
- The skin around the anus can be itchy and irritated
- Tenderness and swelling of the area
- Constipation and painful bowel movements
- Fever and chills, due to generic infection
Management: Prevention and treatment are both essential in managing anal fistula.
- Prevention is mainly achieved through healthy toilet hygiene habits, as this is the main cause for filstula formation
- Treatment would include para-surgical therapy ( non-invasive ), which should be followed by healthy toilet habits and good diet habits including fibrous meals to avoid constipation.
The following are two well-established surgical corrective measures.
- Ayurveda has a well-established technique known as ksharsutra wherein a medicated thread is used to drain the fistula and to prevent further fistula formation.
- A linen thread is smeared with latex, curcuma longa, and Apamarg Kshar which are known for their multiple healthy benefits – anti-hermorrhoidal, anti-inflammatory, and coagulatory properties.
- The linen thread is smeared with these herbs in layers and takes a few days to prepare.
- This thread is then allowed to stay in the fistula tract, which allows for healing and prevents pus accumulation and/or closure
- This is followed by a complete liquid diet, which is gradually moved to a semi-solid diet and if required sitz baths
Ayurvedic gugglu ksharsutra therapy:
Ayurveda is a thousands of years old system of holistic healing through herbs. It is not only based on drugs but a healthy diet, good lifestyle, staying happy and different Ayurvedic treatments which have no side effects and are absolutely safe to use. According to Ayurveda a body suffers from a disorder because of disparity in the 3 Doshas. Ayurveda deals with balancing the Doshas and healing the body. Synchronizing the body, lifestyle with nature and its paradigm.
The Doshas have to be balanced, one dominant or other ignored causes disorders, as a result the person falls sick. Here, we will talk about fistula in Ano and Ayurvedic treatments for fistula in Ano.
Anal Fistula is a two-sided canal. One end of tube opens up inside the anal canal and the other opening is near the anus on the skin. This leads to leakage of stool from the other opening, oozing of pus leading to discomfort, pain, and sometimes fever as well.
Ayurvedic herbs are especially known for keeping the digestive system in good shape by maintaining the right balance of the Pitta element that maintains the right balance of the digestive fire. According to Ayurvedic principles, any disorder in the body is a result of a faulty digestive fire that manages its functions. It is very important to restore the imbalance of digestive physiology to heal the anal fistulas.
Yeast infections are caused due to the overgrowth of yeast, which is a fungus. This type of infection is also called as candidiasis. Most women in the world are likely to get infected with vaginal or vulvo-vaginal candidiasis at least once in their lifetime. The most common causative organism of this disease is Candida albicans. The other Candida species that might cause these are C. glabrata, C. parapsilosis, C. tropicalis, and C. krusei.
Sometimes, it becomes chronic and may appear 4-5 times in a year.
Other types of yeast infections
Yeast infections can be caused in other parts of the body as well. When yeast infections occur in the mouth, it is called thrush or oropharyngeal candidiasis. Yeast infections are mostly found in moist, warm areas such as armpits, genital area etc. This type is called cutaneous candidiasis. Most candida infections are not very harmful. However, if they reach the blood stream, it can result in fatality. This is called invasive candidiasis and can happen by inserting an infected catheter, etc.
What causes candidiasis?
Candidiasis is caused when the natural flora of the area is thrown off balance. The most common causes of candidiasis are: