Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy
Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes
Treatment of Diabetes In Children
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Pediatric Sleep Disorders
Submit a review for Dr.Benade's Normolife ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Has performing in bed has become difficult for you. Are you having difficulty in getting a firm erection while having intercoure lately? This might be an indication of erectile dysfunction (ED). A person with this condition cannot achieve a proper erection in spite of having the urge for having sex. ED can be quite frustrating and embarrassing for any man.
Among the different forms of treatments for ED, Ayurveda is considered to be a very effective remedy. It involves natural processes and methods having no severe side effects on the body. Here are some common Ayurvedic ways of treating ED:
In Ayurveda, the overall treatment for ED is known as Vajikarana therapy. This natural remedy helps in increasing the strength in a man for performing sex. This Ayurvedic therapy gives you enhanced stamina and potency so that you can produce healthy babies and also increases the time span of your erection. You will be able to have sex for longer durations. This therapy can be undertaken by men between the age of 18 and 70. A person undertaking Vajikarana therapy should have effective self-control for avoiding any kind of nuisance.
Psychotherapy is effective in dealing with anxiety, which is associated with sexual intercourse. Psychological methods are used in the treatment of ED. A patient’s partner can help in the recovery by providing increased intimacy and stimulation. This method is also used for treating ED associated with physical causes.
Several natural herbal medicines are used in the Ayurvedic treatment of erectile dysfunction. These herbal preparations should be used by men who want to enjoy regular sex as these enhance energy, stamina, strength and vigour. Nutrients which are essential for the production of semen are also supplied with these medicines.
You should start practicing the following tips for overcoming ED by Ayurvedic means:
- You should massage your body using an Ayurvedic oil for getting relief from physical exertion. These oils also act as an aphrodisiac.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as meditation and yoga for overcoming stress and mental exertion.
- You require a minimum of eight hours of sleep regularly.
- Exercise and regular workout are very important.
- You should avoid alcohol, tobacco and any kind of narcotic substance.
- Consumption of hot and spicy food in excess should be abstained from.
- You should have sweets and dairy products. Ghee should be consumed.
- You must maintain a gap of four days between two consecutive sexual intercourse.
According to Ayurveda, ED may occur because of several reasons, which may include heart diseases, consumption of certain medicines, addiction to alcohol and tobacco. It may also occur due to pelvic injuries. You must consult your doctor to understand your condition better. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
If you are experiencing an orgasm or ejaculating too soon during intercourse along with minimal stimulation, you may be suffering from premature ejaculation or commnly, PE. PE is a condition in which you reach sexual climax rapidly, resulting in premature or early ejaculation. PE refers to ejaculation within one minute of engrossing in sexual activity. A person with this condition loses control over his ejaculation. Ayurvedic treatment is considered to be quite effective for treating PE. There are different forms of Ayurvedic treatmentsto treat this condition, and the mode of treatment differs from man to man.
Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies for the treatment of premature ejaculation:
- Saffron almond milk: Consuming milk with saffron and almond is an effective Ayurvedic remedy for treating PE. You should soak 10 almonds at night and blend them with hot milk the next morning. You may add saffron and small amounts of cardamom and ginger.
- Green onion seeds: Green onion seeds can be taken by adding them in a glass of water and drinking the mixture before having any meal.
- Herbs: You should mix the Ayurvedic herbs ashwaganda, bala and vidari together in equal parts. Add a spoonful of this mixture to hot goat milk and have it. Medical prescription for PE is called stambhaka in Ayurveda. Some other essential herbs include jatiphala, Speman tablets, asparagus, garlic and drumsticks.
- Dietary modifications: For Ayurvedic treatment of PE, you have to make some alterations to your diet and add several items to it. You should consume several fresh fruits like bananas along with nuts, lettuce, cereals, fish, shellfish, and vegetables such as fennel, onions and celery. Honey should also be consumed. You have to reduce and avoid several items as well. These may include alcohol, coffee, tea, processed foods, denatured foods and food items, which contain excess of white flour and white sugar.
- Lifestyle changes: According to Ayurveda, you need to stop smoking totally for treating and preventing PE. You should try to restrain from sexual activities and must avoid masturbating too much.
- Ayurvedic massage: A special leaf bundle Ayurvedic massage is very effective in the treatment of PE. This technique is known as Elakizhi.
- Yoga: You have to practice regular yoga as several yoga positions help to treat PE. The positionsshould include the shoulder stand or sarvanga asana, the plough or hala asana and the fish or matsya asana.
PE may lower your self-esteem. The condition may make you feel frustrated and may affect you emotionally due to a hampered sex life. The relationship with your partner may also get affected because of unsatisfactory sexual activity. Use Ayurvedic remedies for PE for natural treatment without any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Is your male reproductive organ is small? Is it the cause of embarrassment to you? Does the small size affects your love life? The penis is indeed one of the most important organs of a man’s body, and a strong, healthy penis is a matter of pride for most men in general. A small penis may cause a lot of stress in life and may result in reduced self-confidence or self-esteem. Penis enlargement is carried out by many men all over the world who are not satisfied with the size, length or health of their penis.
There are several ways by which penis enlargement can be conducted. Ayurveda can be used for penis enlargement, and one should consume proper Ayurvedic medicines and practice several exercises. Many men want to have an enlarged penis as it would make women more sexually attracted towards them. An enlarged penis is supposed to make a man more sexually desirable.
Ayurvedic remedies for penis enlargement
In Ayurveda, there are several ways in which you can have an enlarged penis. These include the following:
- Ayurvedic penis enlargement oil and cream: You may use Ayurvedic oils and creams, which are used especially to benefit penis enlargement. These oils and creams are totally natural and are made from pure Ayurvedic herbs. They are safe for use and have aphrodisiac properties, which help in increasing the penis size and deal with several problems regarding erection. These oils and creams give strength to the penis, resulting in a much harder erection. The ingredients used in these creams and the oils act as stimulants and increase the flow of blood in the penis. They also help in dealing with premature ejaculation (PE).
- Ayurvedic capsules: You may take Ayurvedic capsules, which help in penis enlargement. The capsules are made of processed Ayurvedic herbs. Being natural, they are considered totally safe for long-term use. These capsules enhance blood circulation in the vessels and cavities of the penis. This enables smooth stretching and relaxation of the penis. The penis size becomes enlarged and these Ayurvedic capsules also cause enhanced libido or sex drive. You will be able to achieve much bigger, stronger and harder erections during sexual activity. You will also be able to maintain an erection for a longer time.
- Exercises: There are certain exercises which you can practice for having an enlarged penis. Some common and effective exercises associated with Ayurveda for penis enlargement include jelqing andstretching.
Certain Ayuredic home remedies can be used for penis enlargement as well. You can consume a mixture of walnut and honey with milk, a mixture of carrots with milk or carrot juice with honey. No side effects are associated with these Ayurvedic remedies for penis enlargement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
As we lead modern and fast lives, we have to make sure that we are ahead of competition in all aspects. Due to this we are hardly able to pay attention to our health and body issues. A lot of times we end up suffering more than we should because of the lack of timely help. A lot of times patients feel uncomfortable getting help for their health because they feel conscious about their condition and may be embarrassed to open up about it in front of anyone, not even a medical expert, this is most common in cases where people suffer from sexually transmitted diseases or STDs.
In the course of life and love, we may come across emotional and ideological troubles when we get affected mentally. There are also certain times when we end up contracting diseases that are spread through sexual contact. In such cases, people may seek medical help and may also opt for conventional medication. However, the better alternative, as experienced by a lot of people is to opt for the Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a stream of medicinal study that has found details in Hindu scriptures about our day to day ailments. Ayurveda majorly uses the body systems, dietary habits and the breathing techniques to find treatment for health problems and it is seen that the STDs are also easily cured or controlled with the help of Ayurveda. More and more people in the modern times, have started understanding the importance of natural remedies and methods of treatment for a healthier future and that is how Ayurveda has gained in popularity.
Ayurveda is particularly preferred by people in the cases of sexually transmitted diseases because of the fact that the medicines from this stream do not cause side effects and other health problems and proves to be a mild form of medication. This also comes as a relief to those who may feel apprehensive about having their very private issues resolved by Ayurveda.
When a patient suffers from sexually transmitted diseases and needs to find a resolution to the problem, it may be important for them to visit the Ayurvedic expert and explain their problem to the expert. Once the problem is diagnosed and understood clearly, the expert may suggest a host of medicinal herbs that could be for consumption such as Nibadi Churna, Rasnadi Kvath Churna, Nyagrodhadhi Kvath churna and many more or the expert may suggest medication for topical application such as Somaraji oil and tamra bhasma.
The Ayurvedic doctor may also suggest a number of immunity boosting medicines, such as Neem capsules or Ashwashila capsules. Other herbal medicines that are created for deeper rooted issues may also be able to help in the problem. It is also important for a patient to make sure that the right practitioner in the field is chosen to discuss the problem clearly and receiving a diagnosis and medication accordingly.
When you are fatigued, depressed and bored of a routine life after a long day at work or study, you may think of a lot of different things to do so that you may be able to get to sleep on a more positive note. Some people may like to surf through the net, some may be into reading, some may listen to music to relax and rejuvenate and some may think that masturbation is one of the most relaxing things to do when you need to beat stress and fatigue.
However, little do we realize that the feelings that we may seek to run away from may be the ones that are aggravated because of masturbation.
Adolescents, who have had their first taste of early adulthood, discover a range of new feelings when when they touch themselves and the pleasure that they feel from an act that can be done without the help of anyone else, is on a different level altogether.
What does Ayurveda say?
According to detailed and in-depth studies of Ayurveda, masturbation is considered as the pathway to a number of physical, mental and emotional troubles. Some of the most commonly experienced problems include tiredness and lack of concentration, feeling of monotony and depression and a wrong impression of how actual sex might feel.
Apart from the emotional and mental stress, there may be a possibility of causing injury or infection to the penis because of regular touch and this risk is heightened in case where unhygienic methods of masturbation are practiced. Touching the penis with unclean or infected hands may cause an infection in the region and put you at the risk of major diseases or allergies.
While you may think you have an addiction towards masturbation, you should never rule out the possibility to be able to treat it and lead a better life because all of it is possible with the help of Ayurvedic treatment and therapies.
The excess and the effects of continued period of masturbation over the years can be reversed with the help of medication such as Vajikarna Rasayana, which helps in restoring the sexual libido with the most natural ingredients, as deemed fit by Ayurveda.
While it may be important to opt for medication when you are in the clutches of masturbation, it is also essential to make sure that you take medical advice from a trusted Ayurvedic specialist and get the right treatment path shown to you.
The world's ancient healing system has won over the cutting edge traditional medicine for one reason i.e. they work. What's more, in view of this, they have been consolidated into the regular day to day existence of billions of individuals on the planet. Ayurveda in regards to the exceptionally advanced dis-ease of cancer and look at the ayurvedic treatment for cancer.
How Ayurveda Sees Cancer
In Ayurveda cancer is a disease that regularly includes every one of the three substantial humors (Pitta, Vata, Kapha), however, it normally begins with a transcendence of one. At one point when an individual's digestive fire or enzyme stores are low, permitting a development of toxic substances, this can make a domain for a cancer to develop. The cancer speaks to a negative life energy, something like a micro-organism, which has ended up set up in the body.
For Ayurvedic Treatment of Cancer
Changing your lifestyle to incorporate, more vegetables, live foods, and organic, grass-fed meats while, decreasing handled foods is a piece of it. Nowadays, more individuals are finding out about antiquated systems, for example, Ayurveda so as to give a general course of action to anticipating cancer.
A Natural Preventative Approach
- Foods which are brimming with life-constrain (prana) incorporate those which are fresh, whole, enzyme rich, sun-ripened, alkalizing and organic and are plant based.
- Maintain a strategic distance from refined flour items.
- Eat low glycemic foods that have low sugar content.
- Foods which have a superb rejuvenative capacity are: fresh foods, for example, child greens, sprouts, wild greens, and enzyme-rich foods.
- Eat dim green verdant vegetables, particularly foods that are in the cabbage family, for example, kale, collards, and so on.
- Sea vegetables and green growths have intense rejuvenative properties.
It's what you eat that considers well as what you keep away from:
Avoid hydrogenated fats, saturated animal fats, heated oils or fried foods. Build up the ability to listen to the signs your body is giving you. Your body is continually addressing you giving signs as to how balanced or imbalanced it may be. Do normal rejuvenation and purging practices, for example, liver and gall-bladder flushes, fasting, and so forth. Find your one of a kind body-mind constitution and utilize spices, herbs and foods as per your extraordinary individual needs. Exercise once a day. Have a program that incorporates stretching, aerobic exercise, strengthening, meditation and inhale work.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.