Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Rekha Sachdev Pohani provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks ma'am
Dt. Rekha Sachdev Pohani provides answers that are inspiring. Weight loss
it is really helpful for writing this article I thank you. I dont have very big tummy but now because of my Assistant Professor job it is increasing. one more think is I heard that if we take all type of oil with intervals it is good instead using only coconut oil. and test is also matters. can you advice me on it.
If you want to lose weight, you should know that abstaining from certain foods will help you lose weight faster. Although, sometimes you can indulge in certain food items, but most of the time you strictly need to avoid. Avoiding these will enable you to fend off hunger and food cravings, thereby supporting your weight loss program.
Here are the primary food items which you should avoid:
- All snacks containing only carbohydrates: When you consume bread, rice, cakes, dry cereal or crackers alone, your body converts the carbohydrates into simple sugars, sending them into your bloodstream directly. Because of this, your body produces excess insulin. This results in low blood sugar. You are likely to get inclined towards eating sugary food items without any nutritional value.
- Frozen meals: For making fresh ingredients last longer in your refrigerator, many food manufacturers add sodium to frozen meals, which serves as a natural preservative. Sodium makes your body retain water, and bloats you up in return. This hampers your efforts for weight loss. When calories worth a whole meal are squeezed into a tiny box, with each bite you take, you will consume a lot of calories.
- High fiber snacks: Fiber is important for the body as it keeps the digestive system functioning smoothly, keeping you feel full even if you are avoiding calories. However, around 25 grams of fiber, which is worth one day’s requirement in one snack bar, is harmful for your weight loss target. Fiber intake should be consistent throughout the day for improving your digestive system, and for not causing an upset stomach.
- Juice: When you drink juice, you consume all the calories from the fruits without the natural fruit fibers, which are supposed to fill you up. Even 100% fruit juices are empty calories, which lead to high blood sugar. Fructose, the natural fruit sugar, which makes fruit juices taste sweet, tricks the body into gaining weight as the body’s ability to recognize when it is full gets blunted. This may make you eat more and the risk of developing diabetes and insulin resistance becomes more likely.
- Artificially sweetened drinks: You should stop having soda and all sweet drinks, which contain zero calories. Mind of some people is wired in such a way that artificial sweeteners enhance their food craving.
Apart from these, you must also avoid alcohol strictly, if you want to lose weight. Alcohol does not support weight loss as it contains empty calories. These do not make you feel full, and do not have any nutritional value. Your judgement regarding your weight loss goals also gets impaired because of alcohol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.