Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Skin Laser Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Ashwathy Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was quite depressed due to my hairfall condition, but Dr Sanjana Nair guided me to change my attitude. I feel strange that I am suffering from hair fall. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. One of my neighbour's recommended this Sanjana Nair. In the very first sitting, She clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. Thanks to her I am much better now. My hair growth treatment was successfull and I am happy with it.
One of my neighbour's recommended ther Dr. Sanjana Nair. Dr. Sanjana Nair has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. the overall atmosphere in the Ashraya clinic in Pune is very soothing. . Sanjana Nair has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Due to my chronic skin allergy my daily activities were suffering. I was in too much pain because of my allergy, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief.
Thanks to drSanjana Nair, I am much better now. One of my neighbour's recommended therDoctor. From quite some time i was suffering from it, but never gave much importance to it. Everything was just spick and span in the Ashraya clinic in Pune. I was quite impressed with herconcept of holistic healing. herclinic had all the amenities, a patient requires. she is a very learned doctor.
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Sanjana Nair has treated me completely. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Ashraya clinic. Dr Sanjana Nair is really like god send person. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I am gratefull that I visited her for my hair health issue.
I had many acne on my body. I took a treatment after which I was left which acne scars on my body and also my face. I was very worried about my skin as I was going to get married soon. I took a treatment from dr Sanjana Nair at Ashraya clinic in Pune and she solved all my problems from the scratch. I am very thankful to her.
I am so glad that I took the decision to go to dr Sanjana Nair for the treatment of my acne. In quick time I have seen my skin clear up. I visited her at Ashraya clinic in pune.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanjana Nair to be very helpful. I wil use himalaya neem face wash
Excellent Doctor. She diagnosed the problem correctly.
Staying out in the sun too long can cause you to suffer from a host of skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles and even increase your risk of developing skin cancer. During the summer months, you need to take extra care of yourself as the sun is at its peak at that time. Here's what you can do in this summer to ensure that your skin remains protected:
1. Avoid the rays of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm - The strength of the UV rays depends on a number of factors such as reflective surfaces, height, and time of day. The sun's UV rays are at their strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. If you're outdoors, seek a cool area to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. You could stand under a tree or use an umbrella to shield yourself from its ultraviolet rays.
2. Don't use tanning beds - Several studies reveal that tanning beds can cause skin cancer. According to these studies, individuals under 30 who use tanning beds increase their risk of melanoma (the most deadly of all skin cancers) by about 75%.
3. Increase your fluid intake - One of the ways in which you can beat the sun and protect your skin is by increasing your fluid intake during this time. On an average, one should have about 3 liters of fluids every day, which is about 1.5-2 liters of water and 1 liter of fluid from solid foods. From summer foods like watermelon and berries to beverages like fruit juice, milk, etc and liquid-based meals - all these avenues should be considered.
4. Have a proper cleansing regimen - To help your skin look fresh even during the summer months, you should exfoliate regularly. When you do this, all the dead skin cells are removed, giving your face a youthful and fresh appeal.
5. Use a sunscreen all the time - To protect yourself from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, you should never forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Ideally, a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 should be applied thoroughly to your skin 30 minutes before leaving your house. More importantly, it should be applied again every 2 hours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Possibly the most common skin problem in the world, acne is the inflammation of the skin pores when excess oil and dead skin cells clog them. Acne can manifest in many forms such as blackheads and whiteheads, and papules among others. More than the acne, the scars they leave behind tend to cause the most grief as they look quite unsightly. There are multiple modern dermatological treatments which can help you resolve this problem. Some of the treatments that are commonly used are mentioned below –
Chemical Peels: This is one of the most common methods used for the treatment of acne scars. Specially mixed chemical formulations are used to dissolve away the top layer of the skin which contains most of the scars. Once the top layer goes away, the new layer of skin which regenerates doesn’t have the scars.
Light Therapies and Laser Treatments: There are many types of laser and light therapies which use a focused light to burn away the top layer of the skin to regenerate it and reduce the scar. Certain specialized lasers use high-intensity pulses to treat raised acne scars specifically.
Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: One of the most popular and commonly found treatments, is dermabrasion. This method uses an electrical machine that removes the top layer of skin which is akin to sanding. However, this is a fairly invasive option and will require some time for recovery. A less invasive procedure is microdermabrasion which uses finer instruments for this purpose and tends to have lesser downtime.
Dermal Filler Injections: These injections are used to plump up certain areas of skin which need to be treated. Most of them work on the principle of boosting collagen which is responsible for healing the skin. Once boosted, collagen works to fill gaps and regenerate new skin. However, most of these are temporary and only last for about a year or so.
Incisions Under the Skin: Sub-cision or subcutaneous incision uses a tuned surgical probe to separate the scar tissues of acne from the normal skin. This will result in the skin to rise and thus flatten the dent of the acne scar.
Autologous Fat Transfer: A form of therapy which is becoming popular very quickly, this method uses fat taken from one area of your body and injected into the scar area. This results in raising the depressed areas of the skin and flattening the scars. However, fat is easily absorbed within the body and thus the effect may diminish within some time. You may be needed to redo the procedure over regular periods.
Cryotherapy: The area around the scar is frozen in a targeted manner which results in the scar tissue falling over and exposing newer skin which is smooth and devoid of scarring.
Topical Creams: These are the most commonly available over the counter solutions for acne scars which help reduce their appearance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Skin aging is a gradual process, but multiple factors, including stress and less sleep, expedite the aging process. Skin aging manifests itself in the form of wrinkles, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties, but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
There are many ways by which skin aging can be prevented. Let us have a look at the following:
- Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure: This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Always wear sunscreen: This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
- Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as avoid smoking, avoid the use of too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look younger and slow down the aging process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.