Doctor in antarang clinic
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for antarang clinicYour feedback matters!
Calm and healthy mind is essential to have healthy body. Meditation, chanting Mantras realeses positive vibrations and happy hormones to keep optimum body functions.
'Psycho' refers to the mind and 'soma' refers to the body, so psychosomatic disorder is a problem with a combination of mind and body. Not only are these bodily disorders caused by a psychic factor, the correlation between these symptoms (aggravation and recovery) are very strong.
Psychosomatic disorders are commonly referred as psychosomatic illness. It is an illness whose symptoms are caused by mental processes of the sufferer rather than immediate physiological causes. If a medical examination can find no physical or organic cause or if an illness appears to result from emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression or guilt then it might be classified as psychosomatic.
The concept of psychosomatic disorders has been in existence since the time of Sigmund Freud. The belief is that with the varied emotions that a person experiences, each disease manifests with a different set of symptoms in each person, implying that each person needs to be treated differently and not given the same disease-specific medication. This is where homeopathy plays a very strong role in psychosomatic disorders as it also believes in treating the person as a whole and not just the symptoms.
In homoeopathy, we base our prescription on what we call constitutional symptoms where we give lot of importance to the mental symptom as well as to the characteristic physical symptom. Hence every prescription from a Homoeopathic physician will surely include an element of psychosomatic angle. It is beyond the scope of this editorial to mention all the remedies of Materia Medica which has the scope for the treatment of psychosomatic disorders.
The homeopath always undertakes a thorough discussion with the patient to understand the accompanying symptoms in detail and then arrive at a customized treatment plan.
Specific substances are given to manage anxiety, depression, irritability, insecurity, paranoia, etc. These feelings are considered inducers for the above disorders, and managing them can help bring about a harmony in the patient's overall health.
GERD: Gastro esophageal reflux disease is a disorder that results from stomach acid moving backward from the stomach into the esophagus. GERD usually happens because the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the muscular valve where the esophagus joins the stomach, opens at the wrong time or does not close properly.
Homeopathy For GERD:
Homeopathic medicine relies not only on identifying the symptoms of the disease, but on a variety of personality traits, the person's mental state and other characteristic symptoms a patient exhibits which correlate to any particular remedy. When choosing a correct remedy for the treatment of heartburn, all aspects of the patient are taken into account.
These are some of the Homoeopathic medicines that may prove beneficial:- Argentum nit, Cal.carb., China, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, Nat. phos, Nux vomica, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Robinia, sulphuric acid etc.
Migraine: Migraine is a form of headache. The pain is usually throbbing, pulsating and bursting in character. At times, the pain is one sided or may involve the whole head. Such pain may last for hours or even days. It is often accompanied by other symptoms like nausea or vomiting. At the same time, there is increased sensitivity to light and sound. In some cases, the pain is preceded by some warning symptoms like flashes of light, temporary blindness or tingling sensation in the limbs.
Homeopathy for Migraine:
Belladonna is widely used homeopathy remedy for migraines, where headache is throbbing and violent, occurs suddenly, worsens on touching, and relieves with pressure. Glonoine is useful in congestive headaches with a reddened face that is worsened by sun or heat. Natrum Mur is useful in cases where headache is brought on by grief or stress.
Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis is a serious chronic inflammatory disease of the large intestine accompanied by ulcerated lesions of the intestinal tissues. It is characterized by episodes of abdominal pain with profuse diarrhea in which large quantities of blood, pus, and mucus are present in the feces. There is an urgency to move the bowels, as many as, three to ten times per day. It may be accompanied with pain, nausea, and vomit. Because of the loss of blood, the patient may become dehydrated and anemic.
Homeopathy for Ulcerative Colitis:
To identify the actual inducing agent, some foods are removed to see if they are inducing attacks. Once identified, that is removed from the patient's diet. In addition, aloe, arsenicum album, carbo vegetabilis, colocynthis, are commonly used remedies for ulcerative colitis. The patient is asked for associated symptoms like bleeding diarrhea, color of the feces, involuntary defecation, abdominal pain, anxiety, cramps, and stress before deciding on a treatment mode.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Irritable bowel syndrome, also known as spastic colon is a functional disorder characterized by recurrent abdominal pain, cramping, and bloating. Some people suffer from constipation, which means hard, dry stools, difficult to eliminate, leading to straining without success. Some people experience diarrhea, with frequent loose watery stools.
Homeopathy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Phosphorus, Nux Vomica, Lycopodium clavatum, Argentum Nitricum, and Silicea are commonly used homeopathic remedies. Associated symptoms that need to be considered before deciding on a therapy include frequency of stooling, nature of stools, abdominal bloating, restlessness, irritability and nervousness.
Homeopathy is a preferred mode of treatment for psychosomatic disorders as they aim at a holistic treatment of the individual and not just at symptom management.
Allergy: Allergy is an abnormal reaction or increased sensitivity to certain substances. The allergic individual produces symptoms when exposed to these substances, which are harmless to non-allergic people. The main reason for this is that allergic people make a special type of antibody called immunoglobin E (IgE), which can react with environmental substances in harmful way. These substances which lead to secretion of IgE antibodies are called allergens.
Homeopathy for Allergy:
Few important remedies for the homeopathic treatment of allergy are- Histamine, Natrum Mur, Kali Bich, Sepia, Hepar Sulph, , Carbo Veg , Sulphur, Bryonia, Nux Vom, Apis Mel, Ailanthus, and Justicia adhatoda.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained.
I intentionally took 3 tablets of nexito plus and 4 tablets of zeptol 200 mg at a stretch. I was unconscious for one full day. This is my 3rd day after consuming these tablets. I feel drowsiness, however I am still unable to get deep sleep at night. Shall I restart the tablets? (Taking one each every night).
How to control nail biting? I am unable to do so. I tried a lot but after a week or so I again lose control.
I have a problem with my mind. Most of the times, songs stuck in my head & keep on repeating and doesn't get out of my head in any case. Sometimes, songs come in mind even when I haven't heard that song from a last ago. And usually, this happens when I sit under the fan. Noise of fan supports that voice in my mind. And when I switch off the fan & try to keep whole room silent, my mind also becomes silent completely, fully concentrated. Due to this matter, I haven't been able to concentrate even since starting of summers.
Sir Im 42 years old. When in am in rest condition I am depressed and feeling restless. But I am in working Im feeling better and energetic.
Sir, kuch se kuch Bolte h thk se chal nai pate h ,Ajeeb Ajeeb bataey karte h .Chalte h toh gir jate h .CT scan mei kuch nai Nikla h.
My 3 and half year old boy has been diagnosed with autism he is now having some sensory issue he has sleeping problem he is given ignicar and for sleep he is prescribed meloset 3 mg tablet he sleep aster taking it but he get up after 4 hour of sleep in the mid of night. He also take tizan half tablet with it. But his sleep has not improved .is this because I am giving both tablet at once.
Depression is quite commonly used term by each and every individual today. However, what we really need to know is what exactly the term means?
If we talk about india, we are considered to be the most depressed nation according to recent research.
It is an emotional state which can be experienced by anyone and at anytime. It is a condition that can develop in both men and women, from people with different socio – economic status. Some popular faces have also fought with this battle – the much talked about celebrity owen wilson, angelina jolie, johnny depp, deepika padukone, sanjay dutt, jiah khan to name a few.
Over the years, immense amount research has also shown that women are more prone to depression and suicidal tendencies. The age of onset of depression usually starts with puberty, as one experience hormonal changes which in turn can trigger depression. One can also develop depression in childhood and sometime can also develop this condition in 20’s and 30’s. Depression can also have a late onset ranging from 45-50 years.
If we talk about our present lifestyle, we all experience ups and downs which in turn produce different kind of emotions in us. There are some primary emotions experience by all, these include happy, sad, afraid/surprised, and angry/disgust. The emotion commonly associated with depression is sadness. If this sadness takes over your life along with feeling of emptiness and despair what you are likely to experience is depression. Therefore, sadness completely does not define depression.
There are various types of depression, however, the most common symptoms of depression includes –
- Depressed mood or irritability nearly every day.
- Decreased interest or pleasure in most of the activities which once enjoyed.
- Significant weight gain or weight loss (change of 5% of body weight).
- Increased or decreased appetite.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate on a task.
- Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day.
- Feeling of hopelessness, worthlessness, helplessness or guilt.
- Frequent thoughts of death or suicide plan.
These symptoms can be caused by various factors and these causes vary from individual to individual. The most common contributing factor includes –
- Genetics – is the most common contributing factor. Any family history increases the likelihood for the development depression.
- Abuse – any form of physical, sexual verbal or emotional abuse can trigger depression.
- Life events – such as death or loss of a loved one, unemployment, financial problems, academics and work stress can be a contributing factor.
- Hormonal changes – that are especially experienced by women during menstrual cycle or at the time of pregnancy can develop this condition.
- Body image – how we perceive our body has a profound impact over us. Those who as specially dissatisfied with their appearance are on high risk for developing depression.
- Addiction – any form of addiction like alcohol addiction, gambling has found to have a significant relationship with depression. Recent studies have found that internet addiction is also one of the developing factors associated with depression.
It is not easy to handle depression on your own, what one needs is a professional help. You need to seek help from a psychiatrist and a psychologist in order to overcome this condition. However try to follow these simple tips in your life to avoid the possibility of developing depression –
- Construct a daily routine for self.
- Set achievable goals in life.
- Express yourself and share your problems with your loved one.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Take good amount of 6 -8 hours sleep.
- Exercise five days a week for at least for 30 minutes in a day.
- Visit an ngo, old age home by offering a helping hand for mental peace and satisfaction.