Doctor in Aashay the Skin, Hair & Laser Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Aashay the Skin, Hair & Laser ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was suffering from Fungal infection due to which my daily activities were suffering. I consulted Dr Rohini P Gaikwad who is a famous Dermatologist in Pune. One of my colleague referred Rohini P Gaikwad. All the staff members were very helpful. Rohini P Gaikwad guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. Whatever tests she prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. The overall treatment helped me immensly.
A friend of mine referred to Dr Rohini P Gaikwad. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Rohini P Gaikwad. The facilities available in the Aashay the Skin, Hair & Laser Clinic are very nice. Initially the symptoms of hair loss were not that severe but then it became worse. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself after the treatment. I thank her for the treatment.
Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. Dr Gaikwad has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. The atmosphere in the Aashay Clinic is always so positive and full of life. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. he did my peel treatment.
My skin health was degrading day by day due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Rohini, Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. The complete process of skin health treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her.
My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Gaikwad has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. he has expert knowledge in the field. I was shocked to experience the pimples. The overall atmosphere in the Aashay Clinic is very soothing.
The tags and freckles treatment given by Dr Rohini has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. At the first sitting he told me the treatment procedure. His treatment helped me immensly to deal with the problem. And I am happy with the treatment.
dr Rohini P Gaikwad is a very intelligent and smart doctor. His advice and medicines regarding my pimples problem. His clinic Aashay the Skin, Hair & Laser Clinic in Pune is also well managed and patient comfy.
It was a wonderful experience. She explained the treatment and satisfied all doubts.
Very good, Personal and specialised skin treatment
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical Peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun. Mild dark spots also disappear with a chemical peel.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Quick fix: A session takes about 30 minutes with no need for recovery time.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with your doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel.
Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Inflammation occurs in the clogged hair follicle resulting in acne.
Let's take a look at myths and facts about acne :
There is no treatment for acne - myth
Acne does not go away on its own. At the same time, toothpaste and picking pimples' are not the best form of treatment for this condition. Acne can be easily treated with over the counter and prescription drugs. In some cases, you may also need antibiotics or hormonal medication. If left untreated, acne can result in permanent scarring that mars your beauty.
Acne is caused by poor hygiene habits - myth
Acne is not caused by dirty skin. Contrary to popular belief, washing your face too many times can make the condition of your skin deteriorate. This can also worsen your acne breakout. Aggressively soaping your skin and excessive use of astringent can also traumatize the skin and make it look worse after treatment. You should ideally wash your face twice a day; once in the morning and once before going to bed. However, if you feel a buildup of oil on your face, you can wash it with lukewarm water and a mild soap.
Makeup causes acne - myth
Makeup has often been misunderstood as a trigger for acne. However, makeup itself does not cause acne. The fault lies in not removing makeup properly at the end of the day. If you have oily skin that is prone to acne, choose powder based foundations instead of liquid foundations that can clog your pores. If you use a lot of makeup through the day, give your skin time to breathe at night. Ensure that every trace of makeup is removed before you go to bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough.
Here are some of the skin issues that youngsters face and ways to prevent them:
- Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
- Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
- Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Chickenpox is an airborne illness, which spreads effortlessly through sneezes and coughs of an affected individual. The disease is highly contagious and is caused due to an infection by the varicella zoster virus (VZV). The characteristic features are skin rashes that form small, itchy blisters. It may also spread through contact with the person affected with blisters.
Symptoms: The early signs in teenagers and adults (loss of appetite, nausea, pain in muscles and headache) followed by the trademark rash or oral sores and mild fever that indicate the presence of the ailment. In children, there is an absence of the early signs. The rashes begin as red spots on visible areas of the body and thereby increases in severity as time progresses.
At the stage of blister, intense itching occurs. Visible symptoms develop in the oral cavity and tonsil in the form of ulcers, which can be extremely painful. These symptoms appear between 10 to 21 days of contact with the infected person. Since the nasal excretion contains the virus, the infected person becomes infectious around 2 days before the visible symptoms appear. Usually, the condition self resolves in around 2 weeks.
Prevention: Chicken pox can be prevented by:
- Maintaining proper hygiene standards. The infected person should be kept in isolation. The virus is susceptible to disinfectants, heat and detergents.
- In most top countries, compulsory vaccination is followed to prevent chicken pox. After the first immunization, the second dosage is recommended after 5 years.
Treatment: Easing the symptoms is the main focus of treatment. The infected are advised to remain at home, in isolation, in order to prevent the spread of the disease. Measures should be taken to avoid scratching so that secondary infections are prevented. Good hygiene and using of warm water to clean the skin daily, is mandatory. Paracetamol might be used to reduce fever. Treatment using antivirals (with 24 to 48 hours of onset) is recommended for adults, but not for children. Water intake to reduce dehydration and headache is advised.
Since chickenpox is more severe in adults than it is in children, parents usually favour their wards receiving the virus at an early age. This is countered by doctors who believe that children are safer using vaccination, which is the virus in a weakened form, rather than the disease that may prove to be fatal.
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
A number of factors are associated with hair fall and if someone is suffering from severe hair fall on a daily basis, then it is certainly a cause of concern. Here are five major reasons of hair loss that you need to know:
- Scalp infections: Infections of the scalp is one of the factors that may cause hair fall at an alarming rate. Of the different scalp infections, the ringworm scalp infection is the most common. Although this fungal infection can occur in any part of your body, when it develops on your scalp, you end up losing clumps of hair. Alongside the use of anti-fungal medications, even anti-fungal shampoos and creams can provide you with respite from the problem.
- Stress: Stress gives rise to certain conditions such as alopecia Areata, telogen effluvium (hair loss caused post-pregnancy or surgery) and trichotillomania (an impulsive need to pull your hair out), which can cause you to lose significant amount of hair. To avert a hair loss crisis caused by stress, make it a point to do some simple stress reducing exercises, such as meditation or breathing exercises.
- Hair styling products: Using hair styling products like hair colours and straighteners can cause you to experience hair fall problems. Your hair not only becomes dull and dry due to their use, but also becomes weak and brittle, leading to a gradual loss of hair. Regular oiling and use of homemade hair masks are some of the ways you can try to counter the negative effects of these hair styling products.
- Cancer treatment: The drugs that are used in the treatment of cancer not only destroy the fast-growing cancer cells, but also the healthy blood cells in your body. For this reason, consuming foods that possess cancer-fighting properties (like oatmeal, tomato, almonds, garlic etc) is a sure-shot way of fighting the disease as well as averting any side-effects that may arise because of the treatment.
- Genetics: The origin of your severe hair fall or baldness can be traced back to your ancestors. So, your genes can be a factor behind your hair fall problem. If this is the cause, your body then becomes unable to produce new hair. Apart from the changes that you can make in your lifestyle to address the causes of your hair fall, there are also techniques out there that you can employ to permanently treat your problem, such as platelet rich plasma, mesotherapy, stem cell therapy, ozone activated platelet rich plasma & hair transplant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.