Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for 5th Sense Animal Health CareYour feedback matters!
I want an online consultation for my budrigar bird. He is feeling cold and it seems he has loose motions as well. Since I stay at bannerghatta road, won't be possible to travel to your clinic. Please if you can give an online appointment to consult.
I am having a Persian cat and have noticed a puss kind of stuff around his ear any suggestions can I put ear drops which we human use in his ears or what to do vet not close by so I can't take him there at least for a week please suggest.
I have two pets male and female. Since three days both are suffering from cough. I gave medicine aconite-625 and cetrizine for them since yesterday. Now male one is not eating Please. Suggest me what to do.
I have a 2.9 year old golden retriever. When he was so young like upto 6 months at times he will not eat his cereal fully, so my mom used to hand feed the remaining cereal in his bowl. Then until his age 1, he used to eat well by his own. Last year we took him in our car for a 12 hour journey as we shifted from our hometown to chennai. From then he didn't eat well for more than a week. So my mom started hand feeding him. And then till today he eats only when my mom feeds him by opening his mouth. At one time I even tried to stop this habit by asking my mom not to hand feed for two days And I just kept the food in his bowl, by then he'll just take few mouth of food from his bowl and not eat anymore and handfeeding started once again and continues till today. So can you please suggest me what should be done to make sure that he eats by his own.
We have always been having a German Sheppard or a Labrador along with a Pomeranian at our bungalow and the watchmen take care of them. Now the Labrador has aged and his days are counted. We need to buy a new dog (bigger one). We want to change the breed. Which breed do you suggest to tolerate Hyderabad climate and outdoor living (in the garage/dog shed)?
Caring for your horse can make this strong animal healthier and interactive and a long-lived companion for you. Horses are quite hardy and amazing animals but they require good care for sustainable health and prevention of diseases. Horse owners, particularly those who are inexperienced are often unaware of what they should do to care for their horse and with these few tips, the task of caring for your horse would not be quite difficult.
- Take your horse to the grooming area: When you have a horse, you must also have a distinct space outside the regular stall where you groom your pet. You must tie it up so that it cannot wander about when you are trying to groom it. Grooming the horse can be a messy job and thus, you should wear old and rugged clothes.
- Cleaning the dust off the horse’s coat: A rubber curry brush would help you to loosen up the dirt seated on the coat. You will have to move the brush in a circular motion over its body except for the face and legs since there is a chance of hurting the sensitive skin on these areas. A dandy brush would aid in removing the dirt from the surface of the coat and you should move the brush in short strokes so that the dirt falls off its coat. It is important to ensure that you are clearing the dirt in a flicking motion as it would otherwise cause irritation and itchiness on the horse’s skin.
- Use electric clippers for trimming the hair: If there are areas which need to get trimmed, you should invest in a good quality electric clipper for trimming off the hair and make your horse’s coat appear more neat and polished. You can also use a mane comb for untangling the tail and mane of your horse but you should be gentle and careful while using your fingers so that no hair is broken or pulled out.
- Bathe your companion as required: If you think that your pet horse is too dirty, you should give it a bath. It can start with showering down the whole body with lukewarm water for clearing off all the dirt in the coat and prepare it for shampooing. You can look for shampoo specifically designed for the horse and massage the coat with the help of a curry brush and then rinse off thoroughly. After rinsing off the shampoo, you should apply conditioner, leave it for a few minutes and wash off.
A good quality hay devoid of insects, mites and dust and plenty of water is essential for your horse to survive and be fit and active. Also, small amounts of grains all through the day, particularly during the cooler hours would also contribute to its health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My dog drank an entire bottle of furamist nasal spray, which contains fluticasone furoate 27.5 mcg in each spray. There is no reaction as of yet (first 5 mins). Should I be worried?
My cat get pregnant third time and I don't want to spayed her, so is there any another kind of non surgical way like injections or pills to avoid her pregnancy.
Sir/mam, I have a 6 years old male pomeranian dog n due to some reason I adopted a stray dog (male) in feb 2017. Every thing was ok till now but since last one month pome has become very aggressive n tries to attack the new one, now the situation is such that he attacks on seeing him n is making the younger one (8 months) also aggressive. Pls help me to get out of this mess as I can't leave any of the two. Pls help.
Please suggest me. Should dogs be given a haircut in summers always? I have been very concerned about this topic.Please suggest me.
Hello! sir/mam I have a 6 years old pomerian and now I adopted a stray dog which is approx. 8-9 months old. Now the pomerian has started attacking the smaller one n is becoming aggressive. Please help how to tackle the situation. Can I give some medicine (homeo) for controlling anger or something else. Thanks.
I wanna ask for my pet Labrador, he is suffering from kidney dysfunction, last 1.5 month he is not able to eat any thing as I tried he start vomit after a couple of hours, blood test kft done on 28/10/17. Result are 1) serum phosphorous 18.4 2) serum sodium 149.6 3) blood urea 210.8 4) serum creatinine 20.4 5) serum uric acid 1.01 6) albumin 2.71 7) a:g ratio 0.66 These all are bold in test. Please suggest what should I do he is one of my life member whom I love so much age 8 years. Is there any possibility to make him fine .any kind of treatment.
Sir I was giving some medications to a wounded cat. Her eyes and and forehead is injured. First time I lifted her with naked hands. I washed my hand immediately after applying the ointment. There is no. Wound on my hands. Can it transmit any disease like rabies. please help.
My cockatiel is sick and is not active. I recently bought it from pet shop. She doesn't make any noise and keeps on sleeping with her head under wings And is slightly swinging while sitting on perch.
Sir my dog is 4 years old and has started behaving weird. He used to b joyful with family n known people. Bt now since 1 or 2 weeks he has changed to being abit violent. He has started attacking. He has now acting grumpy to me also. We are really tensed to know about it.
Cindy is a Labrador and her age is 2 years and 3 months. She is pretty active. Yesterday morning she was playing with my husband and when she sat down she couldn't move her hind legs it was like paralyzed for 2 mins though she was in sense and tried to get up as hard she could but she couldn't move. Me and my husband was hell scared to see what happened, however after 2mind everything was normal. Even now she is again back to her naughty self. Please help to understand is there something we need to care about.
Sir Meri colony k ek dog ko khujli ho gyi h men usko neomak dwai bhi di pr vo think nhi ho rha please meri help kijey Mai animals ko tklif Mai nhi dekh skti Sir please please please help me.
Dehydration is a common disorder in dogs and humans equally. It occurs when an excess of fluids continuously get eliminated from the body irrespective of the amount of fluids your dog intakes. Water working as the "potion for life" is essential for dogs too as it keeps them hydrated and makes sure the biological processes take place smoothly in them. Dehydration is a serious disorder and may result in as serious consequences as organ failure or even death. To know if your dog is suffering from dehydration, learn the symptoms carefully make a move as quickly as possible.
Symptoms of dehydration in dogs:
- Dryness in the mouth and sticky gums. Often dehydration results in sticky gums and dry mouth in dogs as the water content of the body gradually falls down.
- Sunken eyes. Sunken eyes can be considered as a pronounced symptom of dehydration.
- Loss of appetite. Appetite is related to dehydration as the digestion, metabolism and other reactions in dog's body need water to successfully take place.
- Abnormal sleepiness. Dehydration causes Depression and abnormal rate of sleeping in turn.
- Abnormal urination. If your dog is suffering from Dehydration, it will either urinate too little or too much. This abnormal sign in urination speaks a lot about the dehydrated state of your dog.
- Less elasticity of skin or tightness of the skin coat. This can be determined by a simple skin test. Pull your dog's skin and if it does not spring back in 2 seconds, your dog is dehydrated.
If you face problems with determining the level of dehydration, kindly take it to a Veterinarian. He/she will readily note the symptoms and apply proper treatment which should be the prime step in order to save your pet from such situations. Delays will only narrow its chances of surviving. It is also important to understand what causes Dehydration in your dog. This would certainly help you from bumping into such situations further in future.
Causes of dehydration in dogs:
The major reason or cause of Dehydration is illness and overexposing to the sunshine. An ill dog is more prone to get dehydrated than a healthy one. Several diseases like,
- Renal failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Gastrointestinal problems, etc. can affect your dog on a large scale and trigger off Dehydration with time.
To take care of such situations from taking place, you should keep in mind a few guidelines. The following tips will certainly prevent your dog from being dehydrated again if taken into account.
Prevention of dehydration in dogs:
- Protect your dog from being overexposed to heat.
- Make it drink as much water as it can every time. Always put a small bowl of water at the corner of its room. Monitor its water intake capacity and keep it hydrated.
- Keep the toilet lid closed in order to prevent it from plunging its mouth inside. This will keep it away from bacteria and viruses which would affect it and make it fall sick.
- If you go for exercising in the evening with your dog, bring extra water so that it stays hydrated.
Consult with a Veterinarian if its drinking less amount of water.