Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Porbander and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dave Yogesh J JayantialYour feedback matters!
My two months old baby s spitting milk a lot after feed. Now a days he s spitting like curd type. Is it normal. After every feed im burping him. But also he s spitting like curd type. Kindly let me know is it normal? How to overcome wth these. Kindly advice.
Good evening. My daughter 5 years old has a high temperature like 39,2-39,7 for 4 days already. Nurafen and Paracetamol help for a while and temperature drops after intake for 2-3 hours and then comes back. Also her nose blocked (she breaths with hew mouth open during her sleep) but not running. No other symptoms. What are possible diagnosis? For how long can I proceed with Nurafen and Paracetamol? What vital signs should I monitor and when I should run to the hospital?
Meri baby four months ki hai usko sardi hula hai but mere yaha garmi bahut jayada hai bina air conditioning k nahi raha jata usko pasina hone lagta hai to kya main air conditioned chala sakti hu.
Hi ,my son is 7 years old & his weight is 19. 5 kgs. he is having recurrent fever after every 15 to 25 days. All blood test reports are normal. Doctors said it's viral fever but we are really worried why he is having high fever after 15 days .& this time he has fever with rashes. Calpol syrup & sponging lowering his fever but after 5/6 hrs it come. Also my kid is not interested in food. please give your suggestions. Thank you.
Child sexual abuse is a pressing issue in society today. Statistically, there has been a considerable increase in the number of cases related to juvenile sex abuse over the past decade. Most of the cases report the abuser to be a close family member or a family friend rather than a complete stranger.
A sexually abused child may develop severe mental health conditions and have major difficulties coping with as an adult. One of the most common disorders affecting survivors of child sexual abuse is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This involves the individual reliving the trauma all his/her life, thus leading to panic, stress and difficulties in living a healthy life in the longer run.
The individuals who were abused as a child normally suffer from a very low self -esteem. They continue to blame themselves for the events that occurred and hence have a rather demeaning view of themselves, leading to adjustment issues in the future.
They may also be diagnosed with clinical depression owing to the previous trauma. This hampers the everyday functioning of the individual. The individual may continue to relive the past traumatic events in the mind that further fuels their depression and contribute to the vicious cycle, eventually.
Most often, survivors of child sexual abuse have a rather impulsive nature owing to the hampered functioning of impulse-control. They have lesser control over their emotions, especially anger and are rather quick to act on it.
Because of all the complications, they might be less socially competent and thus fail to build firm peer relationships. They grow up to be adults with severe trust issues; they are hence, often side-lined because of their cynicism which leads to further depressive symptoms.
Genophobia or the fear of sex is another complication that they may experience as adults. They may avoid sex altogether or engage in sexual activities that are rather violent in nature. Some survivors may develop certain sexual fetishes that can be rather dangerous; the most common being ‘paedophilia’ or the sexual arousal involving prepubescent children.
The seriousness of the condition is often undermined. In treatment, various therapeutic techniques are used according to the need and age of the patient. Therapists work to promote positive thinking among the sufferers so that it becomes easy for them to accept their past and move on in life with a better outlook. With proper guidance and help, the individuals are able to overcome their mental health issues and live a wholesome life.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Doctor, My 4 years son has fever since six days. It was at 104.6 the first three days (lowest being 100, during that time) now the maximum has come down to 101 since day before but its still there. He also has sore throat and vomits once everyday (either morning after having milk or post dinner after medicines). Please advice if we should start with the antibiotics. What should be the line of action. Thanks.
My daughter is not feeling hunger properly, tried many home remedies, but did not helped. Please suggest.
My 6 months old Baby is passing stool for 10 times a day, given oflomac syrup to him, but still the condition is same.
My baby boy is 9 months old. His left eye swollen and inside the eye changes red in color. He is crying and not eating anything. What should I do. Please help me.
My son is of 1 year n 2 month but still he is not walking . Why doctor? ? And he is very weak what Can I do? ? Still 7 kg.Please tell.
This is regarding my son. His dob iis 25/03/2002. Bt according to his age his growth is not satisfactory. His height is 139 cm. My wife n my height is 5" ft. I already visit to a doc in gangaram hospital. He took so many test n told tat there is no problem and his height will increase after adulteration. Can you suggest nythmg else.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.