Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Poonch. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Sohail RajputtYour feedback matters!
I am having thyroid related problem, I take 125 mg eltroxin tablets. But I trouble in starting up my work, feel lazy and dry skin. Please suggest some remedy ?
I am about 50 years old, male, having diabetes since 4 years, my parents are also depend on insulin, presently TAKING AMARYL FORTE -1 mg and altrope-10 sugar level is in control but loosing vitality day by day making me feel getting old rapidly. What to do? Job requirement - sitting long hours. Please advise.
Allopathic doctors say we have no cure at all for hypothyroidism, in Ayurveda also. The same people do say I can take Ayurvedic med along with eltroxin and gradually come off the eltroxin. Is it really possible for a person with antibodies against thyroid?
How to avoid diabetes? The most effective way? As my grandfather had it. My dad doesn't have it as he has control on diet. So will I get it. And if yes, then how to avoid it?
I have hypothriod last 2 yrs. My first tsh is 20, then 14, then 6, then 8. I asked my doc he said ups and down are normal and not increase the power of tablet I did this. I take thyronorm 50 first six months but no relief so my doc increase its power. Now I take 62.5 mg thyronorm. My recent tsh is 23.82 which is more than my first tsh. I am so scared now. Pls suggest me what to do I am 29 years unmarried girl Guide me.
My father have increased cholesterol and uric acid level and bones are becoming weak day by day what should he eat and leave to decrease this problem.Please tell.
I am 24 years old I have hypothyroid how it can be cure, hypo means high levels in tsh, is there any problem after marriage, I just recently married.
I have thyroid issue last 5 years, in this case I am going to check the tsh level, what are procedure I have to follow. Plase give me your suggestions.
Dear Doctor, How do we find out which type of diabetes we are having. What are the safe sugar levels for fasting blood test and post meal test? David.
Is there any treatment for getting healthy and getting rid off from sugar disease and to know about its remedy?
My father is 58 years old. He was having heavy diabetic from last 10 years. He has also got hypertension his BP remains 200 & 100. Due to this he has lost vision in one eye and has 40% vision in second eye. He don't want to take medicines nor he wants simple diabetic food. He even can't walk alone. Also in MRI report of brain. Brain is also damage. As per doctors he has also got stroke and he absorbed the pain of it too. Now I am confused whom to consult and for what ? He cannot get down from the house. He remains in house only. Where and to whom should I consult and how many time should I take him and handling alone is also not possible.
I am diabetic for last 15 years. Though it has been under control with the help of medication, however cyst formation in the kidneys has started now. How to take care of my kidneys?
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from diabetes from 6years I have body pains and how I have to control diabetes while eating sweets some times and what are the daily precautions I have to maintain to control diabetes.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha.
With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.