Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pondicherry and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. ShenbagaramYour feedback matters!
Types of Burn and its Treatment
Hello friends, I am Dr. Anubhav Gupta. I am a consultant plastic surgeon working at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi. Today I am going to discuss a very common topic that is burns and its sequelae, the commonest problems which are caused by burns that are contractures. I would answer the commonly and the frequently asked questions related to these topics.
Q. What is the first thing I should do when I am burned? Dr. See it’s a very common thing that most people don’t know. Wherever suppose some person is burned, the first thing is to stop the source of that fire. It can be done by many methods, by pouring sand, etc, the second thing is you should try and bring that part of the body under running tap water. It should be cool, it should not be cold or freezing, it should be just cool and let that part of the body be continuously under water. What it does is, it takes away a lot of heat and prevents the burn from getting deeper.
Q. What are the different degrees of burns?
Dr. Basically burns can be divided into three degrees, the first degree, second degree and third degree. First degree burns are the superficial ones wherein there is usually only redness which heals without any consequences. Second-degree burns are again of two types; second degree superficial and second degree deep. Second-degree superficial ones are burns with blisters, which may also heal on their own. It is the second degree deep and the third-degree burns which do not heal on its own and they require a treatment by a plastic surgeon.
Q. What burns came scaring and later contractures?
Dr. Basically second-degree burns and third-degree burns cause scarring and later contractures.
Q. Who should I approach for the treatment of contractures?
Dr. Contractures are treated by plastic surgeons.
Q. What surgery is done to treat contractures?
Dr. Basically contractures are when the body heals in burns it causes the part to come closer, leading to contractures, so there are a lack and deficiency of skin which causes contractures. What needs to be done is there, we put an incision on it, we cut it and we release it and then we take a graph, skin graph from the other part of the body and we put it on that released area and then after that we give a splint, so that the body is placed in the position it was before when there was a deficiency of tissue that is before burns. We tried to put the body or that joint in that position which is a normal position for that. And hence that is how we treat contractures.
Q. What is the advice to prevent contractures after burns?
Dr. See it is very important. After burns the patients, if it is deep burns should be given splinting. And they should be encouraged to do physiotherapy. If we follow these two rules there will never be contractures. If you have any further queries or you want to know more then contact me on Lybrate.
Mai 22 years ka ek boy hu. Mujhe stomach me gas ban jata hai. and jab kahi jana hota hai to 10minute jana padta hai toilet me. Stomach mei kabhi kabhi gurgur sound bhi karta hai
After high sounded with anger to pupils, it should be cause of epilepsy? Sir I was angered to my 15 years child on basis of studies. Next day, he fill stroke of epilepsy more than 10 times in four hours for a second. What I do before going to doctor? Is it my mistake?
What are the health properties of akhrot (walnut) oil. Can I take a spoon of it daily after dinner. Thanks.
My brother is 38 years old. He has got hip pain and he has taken traction at cochin for more than 25 days. Now he has got numbness in legs, sometimes leg and neck pain. We consulted a neurologist and he asked to take scan. And physiotherapy and now he says his numbness is okkk but gets neck and leg pain and often feels tired. Why it happens like this? please give a proper solution.
I used to take a painkiller called spasm proxyvon for 3 years. Now I left using it but it caused a effect on my sex life very badly .now I am not going good in sex .this is due to that medicine I think so .so please tell me what to do.
Hi, I have pcod. Trying to reduce weight and conceive. I used susten sr to induce my periods. Yesterday I started the tablet. But today morning I had brownish discharge. Am I having my periods? Or should I continue susten sr?
Hi, my bf initially was alright. Though we never had said and done relationship but he always behaved like a boyfriend. He had shown all the symptoms of a possessive bf however he always denied our relationship openly. He discussed our relationship with his friends but never accept it in front of me. He is younger than me and I am divorced. For the last few months we are not talking to each other because we had a bad fight. He never used to stay active on fb. But after our break up suddenly he became over active on FB and started liking girl's pictures and all. But on the other hand, he with the help of his friends always kept an eye on me. I am confused now. Because his best friend suddenly started talking to me and indirectly indicated that if me and him would not have a fight we all would have roamed around as we stay close-by. All this boy says that they see me often here and there. Also he says he saw some other person which is a lie. I don't know what's happening? Why he suspects me so much. I love him so much. How to clear this misunderstanding without losing my self-respect. I'm highly emotionally affected. Please guide.
I had inguinal hernia or I had left testicle issue too. It has almost 2 month to operate. Here I want to ask that can I restart jogging or normal physique exercise?
I am 14 years old boy. There are some brown dots around my neck, shoulders and back. They disappear for 1,2 mins after bath then, they appear again. What should I do?
Meri age 23 years h mere penis ki chamdi piche nhi ho pati h yani seal nhi tooti h isse kya sex me problem hogi is chamdi ko kese piche kiya jaye plzz upay bataye.
I have a chest pain suddenly doctors said that symptoms related to heart attack but not sure of that is heart attack. They said its a type of cholesterol how to reduce the cholesterol for a healthy heart.
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.