Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Pondicherry. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Shashidhara MYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old male, but since some days I'm feeling breathlessness and anxiety. Some say it's because of stress may be. I would just like to confirm it once.
I just searched about the symptoms of depression. And every symptoms match with my symptoms. Therefore I know that I am suffering from depression. I am in class 12. I want to do best result. And want a bright career and thats why I have to study best. But I can not study. I feel dizzy irritating and hesitated most of the times. Nd my father can not understand that m suffering from any problem my mom also. They can not want to accept the fact that I am suffering from any problem. This problem start from when m in class 9.i had fight too much with my mom that time. Can not control my anger. Started crying most of the times, feels lonely, nobody is around without mom and dad. No amazing friend circle. If I start laughing once than I can not stop myself from laughing. thats why my friends all time tells me that I am mad, I have no work to do rather than laughing. What should I do please help.
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship.
Sir I got angry on by small talks between me and my girlfriend (when she talks to her friend and going out with friends. I always think bad about her when she is going to their relatives home and neighbours home, but love her so much then why I have doubt on her and got angry every time. please sir tell me.
Hi my father died in accident in 2007 after that our financial condition were weak so my grandfather property all my step grandmother take so we put cases but she won so after she said to my mom if your son will marry with me I will give you 45% share so we said ok her age 57 and my 23 when we get marry and went into our room anyhow she will not pregnant so I was not at all interested to have sex with her but forcedly she said me had sex her vagina is too much rough she want sex more 20 times a day from 9 days I really do not know what are clothes she dint let me wear clothes and yesterday she said to my mom you should also join with us so me and my mom also had sex in front of her she said me that my mom should get pregnant with my baby and my mom is feeling to get naked in front of me and my wife so please suggest anything my mom age is 41.
Hello I am 30 years old, from last 3-4 years I feel some sadness, worries and fear of losing my husband. I feel all anxiety attack symptoms, heart palpitation, always fell to cry, suicidal thoughts, guilt, hopelessness, inability to feel pleasure, loneliness, loss of interest, mood swings, panic attack, sadness, or emotional distress. My behavior like excessive crying, irritability, self-harm, or social isolation, running thoughts mostly negative So my physiatrist told that I am patient Major depressive disorder and anxiety and prescribed Stalopam 10 mg (half tablet for 2 days and after that 1 per day). He said I’ll be totally fine within 2 week. Will this medicine work and will I be fine for always.
Dear sir/ madam I am a 46 years old guy. I cannot remember the names of characters of any story book I read. I have to reread them. I am losing my focus. This happens in my day-to-day living also I at times forget how much I paid at a shop and how much I was returned. I have OCD and I feel very abnormal due to all these issues. Please suggest a remedy Rgds Monty.
I feel so lonely when someone whom I like avoid me. Get anxious, depressed and sad. I feel too much attraction to him. Help me.
Hi my name is priti. My delivery date is 10th April 2016 post I have a c section post delivery my stomach is still quit big what should I do? I am tensed.
From the last one year I am facing a situation, I can control my dreams. In my dreams I pinch myself and get to know its a dream. When I feel no pain I start enjoying dream. I do whatever I want to do, I fly in dreams, kill people, hav sex, use magical powers, buy things, visit places so, every night is a excitement for me and as a result I like dreams more than reality. But during day I am all right. I do my daily tasks job, study and family responsibilities. Why this? I am afraid some day I might become a psycho? please explain.
I am 19yrs old, I got frustrated very easily even on silly things. Help me what I have to do to come over the problem.
I am a 18 yr old boy. I always have a feeling that nobody cares for me and get neglected. I want to get rid of this feeling. But it suddenly comes to my brain. I think this is a diseases. I know I should nt feel lonely. But I totally get into a different world. Believe me. and I feel that there are diferent people with whom I can adjust with my awkward behaviour.
I am not able to last long during intercourse with my partner. I ejaculate within 2 minutes of intercourse. We have tried start and stop method as well, but the results are still the same. My partner is left unsatisfied because of this problem of mine. I am a smoker as well, I smoke 8 to 9 sticks per day. I need a solution to this problem.
Stress is a very common factor for all working moms. Work, home and taking care of the child all together causes great amount of stress in working mothers. Exercising makes the body release endorphins, which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. There are various types of exercises which a working woman can do.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief.
Working moms face a lot of stress, which arise from various aspects of life, including work, home and children. Stress busting exercises should be practised to maintain a perfect mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.