Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Pondicherry. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Ashok Kumar
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Weak Eyes
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Submit a review for Dr. M Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old female. From past some months or days my eyes are always tired and fatigue. I get enough sleep and good 8 hour sleep but doesn't matter it's how much sleep I had, my eyes are always tired. My body feels normal but only my eyes are tired whether it's morning ,afternoon or evening. Sometimes I can't open my eyes.
My friend cannot see in bright light but after putting black glass spec he can see everything, He want to know what kind of disease he have? Please guide us.
Dear doctor The kind of squint I have is not constantly there. Sometimes My right eye is completely normal but sometimes it appears, the iris diverges, more often, due to increased phone usage or when I watch TV. What is the reason behind it? How can it be cured? Is there anything to be worried? And what is this concept of sometimes? Please suggest me if there's any exercise I can do to treat it.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.