Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pondicherry and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Latchoumibady
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. LatchoumibadyYour feedback matters!
I have high uric acid. Have knee pain due to it. I already taking medications for the same problem. Still no relief. How do I reduce it? Any changes in the diet?
Im suffering from leg pain of my both legs when I walk pain of my legs got sharp and I could not walk.
I am 26 years old. Recently I found some swelling below the arm. I have two lumps in breast and one lump in hand. Please let me know that swelling below the arm is also a kind of lump or not. Please tell me the solution to overcome this swelling. Is there any laser surgery to remove the lumps?
I am 21 year old female and have back pain since last year. I have consulted doctors but did not get any good result. I am also facing indigestion problem. Please suggest what to do?
I am having knee pain from last 2 or 3 weeks. Initially I had problems in stretching legs and then relaxing it. But that problem is no more now. But still the pain is there. And nowadays the pain is radiating sometimes in the calf muscles too and also I am feeling heaviness in the knee and numbness on my toes. The numbness and heaviness feeling is more at nighttime. I can walk and I am currently having no problem in walking, but today I noticed that it hurts on the right side of my right knee if I apply full pressure on my right leg while standing. Please tell me what it is and is it something serious? I am 19 years old male. Please help.
I'm getting nerve pain on neck backside and only right side from ear to neck. Y it happening. I'm preparing for competition. Is there chance for pressure. Y happening one side. Are any nerve stuck?
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.