Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Thergaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant Vhorkate PatilYour feedback matters!
My son is six months he has given hepatitis b, bcg, oral rotavirus, dtp, pneumococcal, oral polio now on 7 month he will be getting vaccination of flu and measles. I want to know how many dose he will have to give.
My Daughter (Age 10 month) has been suffering from fever (101-102, by underarm) from last 3 days. First day her nose was running a lot. But next day onward her nose was ok. On third day there was no fever for almost 18 hrs but again at mid night she got fever. I am giving her Maxtra-P (60ml) according to doctor. Should I go for antibiotic? Is it viral fever or common cold.
Hi my baby from 8 days he have more motion 10-12 a day s it normal .and he s just 2.5 kg I wanna increase his weight please suggest.
Hi, I had boy baby on 2/11/2016. Just one month over now. I want to apply oil for body massage. Which oil is the best to apply. And also which is the best powder and soap. Kindly tell me.
My son is 6 years old and 10 months old but he still wets the bed in the day as well as in the night. What should I do? Please advise.
My baby's DPT vaccination is due in 2 days. Shall I go for painless DPT instead of the regular painful DPT? Will that be effective in long run if I go for painless vaccine?
Dear Doctor, my is daughter is 5 years old and having a problem of calcium. Please suggest some food along with medicine.
My daughter is 8 year old but she is very week she eat every thing but health is not good please give me advised.
My 3 month old baby always suck her fingers. She is now taking less milk. Instead of dat she sucks her finger. please advice what to do.
Hi. My son is 2.5year old is having the habit of biting nails. In the process he started eating skin also. Pls advise.
My daughter is 7 months old and not taking anything except her mother's milk. What should I do. Whenever we try to put anything in her mouth she just spits it out.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.