Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Thergaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant Vhorkate PatilYour feedback matters!
My nephew is 8 months old (born on 10th August, 2017). Till date he had undergone four blood transfusion since his birth. haemoglobin comes down every 30-40th day to 7-9 level. We stay at Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh) where no treatment is available for this disease. Doctors has suggested that he should be undergoing blood transfusion throughout his life for survival and he can survive maximum 25 years like this. Please find the attached report of cough. I would be really thankful to you if you can examine his report and help us in any possible way to treat his disease, I would appreciate your confirmation. Father and mother have minor Thalassemia Infant name as in prescription- Baby of Archita (Thalassemia major) Thank You,
Hello Dr. my son is 9 years old is suffering from bed wetting problems but only in night. I scolds him sometimes but he is not overcoming from this problem till now. What should I do please help and reply. Regards.
Hi, My daughter is 4 months old and she doesn't take the mother's milk. We give Lactogen powder, however she doesn't digest properly and time to time it comes out from mouth, not too much. We also keep her for 2 mints with shoulder after having the milk. Suggest me what we should do?
Learning disability is a term used to cover a wide range of learning problems. A learning disability is not a problem with intelligence or motivation, the brain is simply wired differently. This difference affects how you receive and process information. Children and adults with learning disabilities see, hear, and understand things differently. This can cause problems with learning new information and skills and putting them to use. The most common types of learning disabilities involve problems with reading (Dyslexia), writing (Dysgraphia) and math (Dyscalculia).
Once identified, it can be difficult to find the right way to help the child understand new concepts. Here are some tips for both parents and teachers:
1. Play word games: Playing word association games will help the child learn new words as well as help them remember old ones. Repeated exposure to the words will further help the child learn.
2. Don’t rush: It is important to be patient with the child. Once you have a better understanding of the learning disability, it is important to not rush them when learning new concepts. Let them work at their own pace. It is also important to remember to give the encouragement they need while learning.
3. Be creative: Use different methods of teaching. You can use art or writing to help them better understand concepts and ideas. If you allow them to use the tools they feel comfortable with, it will help you teach the child better and also encourage them to continue their learning.
4. Use clay: Clay is a very versatile tool which help you teach different concepts. You can mould it into different letters to teach the alphabet or different words to teach various concepts. This can also help improve the child’s fine motor skills and ability to grasp several concepts.
My son is in grade 12. As crucial time has begun we told him not to go for full day outings with his friends and focus on his studies. As he has not been scoring well. As a revolt he has stopped studying whatever little bit he used to do. We sat and spoke to him .Told him this is the time to focus on studies and if he has to meet his friends then an hour or so is still okay. We told him the importance of grade 12 result. And that there is no retake we even suggested going out with us for dinner once a week if he requires a change .Have even tried keeping his phone aside during studies. And giving it to hil later. Switching off the internet when we sleep. Counseling etc but all in vain. Pls advise what to do .how to handle this situation.
Hii Dr. My baby is of 23 days n while feeding I feel pain in nipple due to cracks. N I am using nipcare cream bt it's not helpful. please help me I feel very differently during feeding.
Mari beti 2 saal ki h usnaiii abiii peanut bht saari khaliii rhiii usko br br poty AAA rhiii h.khdaa khadaaa usko poty nikal rhi h kyaaa kru smj nhi aaaa rhaaa.
I have 2 month baby. When she sleeps we can hear sound from her nose. So we consult the Dr. they told mucus only in nose not in chest. After 2 day she has same sound also do. Cough and sneezes. Can tell remedy?
My 5 months old son is having cough my doctor suggested azithral liquid 100 20 mg/ml bt still he is having cough.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hello Doctor, My son is 3 months old from last Saturday he is suffering with cold and cough. Cough is very high. Coughing like as a elder. I consulted the doctor but no use from Saturday onwards I am using astha kind drops phenylephrine drops and also nasal drops. Not only these but also zinger crude with honey and tulasi crude. Daily hair is applied with castor oil. From last 2 days he is vomiting milk daily 2 times. nebulising is also done in 3 times. He is coughing continue up to 1 min. No fever so please give me suggestions. I can not see my child in this condition his voice also decreased up to 50%from last Sunday onwards. Please advise.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
Im a mother of 2.8 years old twin girls. Can I give them a very small quantity of Dabur Chyavanprash daily and then gradually increase to one spoon. They are just 11 kgs and born premature. Very poor eating habit and has constipation problem.
Hi, My 4 month old baby boy weighs 7.3 kg and birth weight was 3.150 kg is the weight perfect but he cries a lot and always need to be held by anyone and also takes neopeptine and gripe water twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries a lot and always unhappy and is he a high need baby or is it some stomach issues and is on Rantac and domstal syrup twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries and hate to lay flat even for nappy change please help.
Conjunctivitis is a medical condition that is marked by redness in the eyes owing to the inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is the membrane covering the white part of the eye. The condition is further characterized by the discharge of yellowish pus fluid from the corner of the eye. This condition, which is essentially an infection, can occur to people of all age brackets.
Causes and Symptoms:
Conjunctivitis can be caused due to several reasons namely allergies, irritants, bacterial and viral infections, among others. Apart from the redness in the eye, some other apparent symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Thin and watery discharge in viral conjunctivitis
- Thick, mucous like discharge ranging from yellow to green in case of bacterial conjunctivitis
- Sticky eyelids
- Increased reactivity to light
- Blurred or foggy vision
- Nasal discharges
It is difficult to distinguish between viral, allergic and bacterial conjunctivitis. Different fields of medicine prescribe treatments according to the cause of the condition. Although subtle differences, such as thick and thin discharges can be observed, in Homeopathy the cause is not that important.
Homeopathic medicines are natural and highly effective. The medications, which are prescribed in Homeopathy can more than manage the discharges, swelling, the sandy sensation and redness in the eyes. Homeopathic medicines are effective when the condition causes the eye to get dry, red, congested and swollen. Bathing the eyes with sterilized salt water is also a popular method of treating the infection. In addition to these, Homeopathic doctors also provide tips to curb the likelihood of further complications. Removing your contact lenses while treatment and cleaning your spectacles on a regular basis, if you wear any, are duly recommended.