Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Pimpari Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Submit a review for Dr. Anand N YannawarYour feedback matters!
Sir my father has problem of coughing and today while he cough his headache started so sir pls tell should we consider Dr. or what to do.
I have OPEN TB, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW MANY DAYS IT WILL TAKE TO CURE TB FULLY. HOW SHOULD I BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE FROM OTHERS TO SEE THAT IT WON'T SPREAD. THANK YOU.
A pain started just at lower right abdomen. The pain came on suddenly and is still present But its not that severe, Its last about 3 days now But its only when I walk, cough, or move. When I'm sitting or not moving there's no pain. I Haven't had much of an appetite and I'm a 20 year old male.
Hi doctor, my 3 and half years old son is diagnosed with minor Asthma. I am giving him Montair 4 from past 2 months. Now I want to switch to Ayurvedic treatment for him. Please suggest. Also he is keen to join swimming classes. Please suggest if it's safe for him. Will his problem get increased due to pool's water. Pls share your suggestions.
My father is suffering from osteomyelitis (spinal TB). He is 58 years old. He is taking medicines from 8 days. Doctors advise bed rest. He is loosing health sharply may be due to side effect of medicines. I want to discuss the diet plan so that he can recover soon.
I have allergy. In the nights between 0300 to 0430 hrs I get lung problem. I get heavy caught & wheezing. I take Deriphilin retard- 300 tablet. But in the day time I am absolutely normal . Please advise remedy dear Doctor.
Hello doctor, My 4 year old son have a branchial sinus in right cheek. What is the appropriate step I should take for his cure. Is that severe or medium severe.
Doc. I am felling some heaviness in my left portion of chest while breathing in, since I am smoking weed&cigarettes. What should I do know. please help.
I am suffering from asthma since childhood. When I was 14 years old 1 doctor suggested to use inhaler. Now I became addicted to inhaler. I wanted a permanent cure of asthma.
My friend is suffering for sinus problem from yesterday, due to heat and delay in meal problems. Which is showing symptoms of migraine too, like headaches, vomit etc. She has taken paracetamol. But feeling very weak. Please suggest a proper solution ASAP.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.