Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Allergist/Immunologists online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. RajYour feedback matters!
I have allergy caused over my elbow area whenever I eat eggs or chicken in hostel or outside. But this doesn't happen when I take these foods at home. Why does this happen?
I got bit from dog, a little scratch with small amount of blood. Do I need to take rabies injection? Very recently dog already taken rabies injection. And I just have the little pain, and some shake.
My name is pavan Kumar. I am suffering with asthma since last two years. But it is not clearing. What can I have to do to get better results. What precautions can I have to take.
in todays world it is almost imposssible to always avoid the allergen, so the better option is to strengthen the body to fight against these.
Ayurveda advocates certain daily regimens which can help in this.
1.Proper oral hygiene has to be maintained. Practice tooth brushing at morning and before bedtime. Ensure proper mouth wash after every meal.
2. Pratimarsh nasya - This is the practise of instilling oil in the nose. This can be practised easily by an individual. Instill 4-5 drops of sesame oil daily in each nostril and inhale deeply. This has to be practiced early in the morning.
3.Make a habit of applying Rasnadi powder (An ayurvedic medicated poweder) over the vertex immediately after bath and also at bedtime. Avoid sleeping directly under the fan or other cooling sources.
4. Intake of buttermilk processed with turmeric poder, curry leaves, ginger is also useful.
5. Add ginger, garlic esentially in all meals.
6. Yogic practices like breathing exercises can support the lung capacity and cleansing practices like neti can help in developing desensitization to allergens.
7. Drinking water should be boiled with cumin seeds and always consumed as lukewarm.
8. Oil massage before bath can help a lot. Sesame oil can be used for this, for those having frequent episodes of chest congestion muatard oil will give better results. Take bath in warm water only.
My mother has asthama problem since quute some years she is 84 recently she has difficulty breathing specially walking short distances. Now she is uneasy lying on back wants to be seated in 5 min interval. She has not been on any drug or steriods. Just started her on asthalin using nebuliser. Also she keeps clearing throat if lying on back. What shouldd I give her so she get easy and can comfortably breathe lying on back. Does not need to clear throat.
Last year I got allergic from milk and its substitute, because I found than I had eaten protein powder with warm milk and also taken tinidazole tablet. When all allergic test be done than found allergy from milk, ground nut, curd, tinidazole. whenever I have use milk I got headache, heavy itching perinial part and anus. currently I take months-ac tablet od hs please suggest me the treatment about this disease?
I am suffering from allergy [ cold, cough, sneezing]. Since past 5 years. What are the precautions should I take?
I am a 50 year old male. Our family has a history of asthma. sometimes i feel acute suffocation while travelling in the train. I do not want to start puff or nebulizer, instead i want to buy a portable oxygen concentrator. Please suggest me a good model buyable online or in Delhi. Thanks and Regards
My mother is having asthma, especially during evening times. Some times severe cough, (without stop like even 5 to 10 coughs without break) once made her fall down, unable to breath, this occurs when she is not having asthma also.
What should be the best possible thing for hostel living people like me to increase immune system and avoid effects of changing climate?
I am suffering from problem of cough since 5 years. White mucus comes out on coughing. I am allergic to dust. Please suggest me cure to this.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.