Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tarun BharthuarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 10 years old n my son is 4 years old. How to teach both of them to share the things with each other and not fight with each other. Thanx.
Hi Doctor, my daughter is 2 and half years old, she never eat properly, she loves to eat only chocolates, I give her junior horlicks to drink every day. I am really worried about her growth. She is also on breast feed still. I really do not know what to do please help me for her good diet.
Good evening. She is 4 months old. She drinks similac milk powder. Neopeptine gripe water are using for digestion. She does potty in 2 days after giving the neopeptine gripe water and she does motion in green colour. If we stop neopeptine she don't do potty.
My daughter 9 yrs old. Having clief plate in mouth. Having fits problem since 2 months after birth. Her birth date is 14/2/2006. Now near about 4 years fits problem solved. But still she dosen't stand, walk or speak due to some minor neuro problem. What to do? shall I get the exact help in advise from any pediatric neuro rehab hospital doctor. I am ready to send the mri & reports please.
Hello Doctors, My son has completed his 7 month on 7th july and he can not respond like saying tata waving byebye to us. Nor say any words like gaga mama. But he can crawl and try to stand. I wanna ask is there any thing to worry about? As he is not responding to us.
I have 4 year son. When he eats pomegranates fever come. When it papaya vomiting come. Frequently stomach pain and fever. Doctors and reports say everything is ok. Where is problem.
My daughter Jinia is 4 years old and has been grinding her teeth during sleep for last 1 week. Her urine also smells foul and she started urinating too frequently. Kindly suggest.
Dear Doctor, My baby is one and half months old. I had put her in the cradle (cloth cradle which swings vertically). While swinging the cradle suddenly baby's head came up to little height (around 3 to 4 inches) and went back to the cradle cloth. Suddenly baby closed her eyes for two seconds (like baby is scared or she had a small jerk) and after two seconds baby is normal now. Will something happened to baby. I am worried a lot as in Google its mentioned like head shaking and all. Please reply me asap. Will it have any effects in later stages. Thanks
My baby' s feets are normally little hot at day and night. He is 1 year and 4 months old. Is it normal?
He is 17 month old baby boy having very small pimple like spots all over the neck and what is the reason and what is the treatment for this and now it is spreading all over the stomach. There is no itching.
Doctor, my son have 6 months, since 1 week I started to give wheat at 9 am, now he started to cry in the eve also for food, Bt I have enough milk he refused to drink just before his sleep, he only drink after 1 nap, what should I do now? Shall I give food two times a day? I'm confused. Pls. Reply me.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
My daughter is 4 years old and weighs only 15 kgs. She does not have any ailments and is very active. But her weight seems below normal and she looks skinny. She eats normally although with a few tantrums and loves regular fruits and vegetables. Is there any way by which her weight can improve?
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!