Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Smriti PandeyYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old boy, I am suffering from teeth pain, I have cavity in my tooth from last 1 year so now what can I do.
I am having some problems with my teeth. I can't eat food of my choice nowadays. My teeth are so weak. It bleeds every time I chee any hard food material. So do you have easy and goof solution? Please reply soon.
I have teeth pain when I look at mirror I see half part of pain teeth is loss. What would I do. should I have root canal my teeth?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
I am a 25 years old male, I show up symptoms for median rhomboid glossitis. How is this diagnosed? Is it risky?
Sir, I am 49 years old male facing problem with my teeth sensitivity it's very painful when using cold water or cold drink, and it's very high headache during I chewing food, please advise.
Hai. Madam how much time wants to take brush our teeth? If we doing the brush in regularly morning and at night, have chance to come cavities?
Tooth decay is one of the most common diseases affecting the oral cavity. Dental cavities is a highly prevalent condition, especially among children. In most cases, improper hygiene leads to deposition of food on the tooth. This in turn is acted upon by harmful bacteria, thus releasing acid that dissolves the tooth structure. In most cases, the decay starts on the outside of the tooth and gradually reaches the inner layers.
Gum diseases and bad breath:
One would think that if you are decay free, you have a healthy mouth. However, overall oral health requires healthy gums as well. They cover the teeth and provide anchoring support to the jawbones. Minor infection (gingivitis) can progress to a severe condition (periodontitis), which causes teeth to shake and even fall out! It is one of the main causes of bad breath or halitosis too. Swelling of the gums gradually, leads to spontaneous bleeding, which is the first sign of trouble. This can be managed by simply improving oral hygiene. It is advisable to see the dentist.
Treat cavities and bleeding gums:
Listed below are some common methods to manage bleeding gums and bad breath:
- Brushing: Advisable at least twice a day using a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Flossing: Flossing removes plaque from between the teeth and reduces chances of decay and gum problems
- Eating Healthy: Bad food habits are one of the main reasons of bad breath. A bad digestive system manifests as bad breath and so eating healthy is very important for healthy gums. Adequate water, fiber, calcium and Vitamin C are essential for gum health, so ensure they find a place in your diet.
- Annual Dental Visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months. Simple procedures that do not require time or money like regular scaling will help improve the teeth and gum health while reduce bad breath issues.