Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyama Nivas
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Family Planning Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shyama NivasYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shyama Nivas to be very helpful. Thank u so much mam
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shyama Nivas to be caring. Thank you so much doctor
She is very good and knowledgeable doctor and her behaviour is also very good
Dr. Shyama Nivas provides answers that are knowledgeable. Very helpful
Dr. Shyama Nivas provides answers that are knowledgeable. good
She is a very good doctor. Very experienced
After how many days pregnancy kit has to use to get an accurate result and at what percentage is dat reliable?
Baby is not liking mother's milk. Mother does not lactate with full flow and unable to feed. Baby is being given Lactose.In order to give baby Mother's milk. What should be done ?
Hi am 8th week pregnant but development 5th week growth in the scan PLC tell me the fetal growth food.
I’ 27 years old female and we are trying to conceive from last 1 and a half years with no luck. We are taking treatment from PGI Chandigarh and all test are fine .i had a tube test last month which is also fine. Then I want to know what other factors may be the reasons for not conceiving.
Hello there, I’m 29 married for 2 and half years now, last year my gynecologist asked me to go for hsg, which unfortunately showed bilateral tubal blockage, I was’t sure of this about it being true, since I never had intercourse outside wedlock and never had multiple partners nor ever did have any infections. However I decided to visit an ayurvedic doctor who also specialise in herbal medicine. They gave me massage and some medicine the next month I did’t get my period, on taking the test it showed negative the following month also no period but this time it showed positive, on the usg date scan it showed that was conceived the first month I did’t get period, since I was unaware of it didn’t take the necessary precautions, and eventually miscarried it. I’m now very anxious to know have the tubes opened that’s why the conception took place? I’m afraid to go for other hsg! Kindly advise plz.
Pregnancy is an important and a happy phase in a couple’s life. There are many changes (both physical as well as emotional) that a woman experiences during pregnancy. However, the period can also be extremely confusing for a woman. From the choice of food to pregnancy woes to sexual life, the list is neverending. This article is an attempt to answer some important queries and doubts that every woman has during pregnancy.
- Sex during pregnancy: This is a common question that bothers most couples. Some fear that having sex during pregnancy can harm the baby, cause a miscarriage or other serious complications. However, most physicians suggest that there is nothing to be sceptical about in the case of a normal and healthy pregnancy. Having sex will neither affect the baby or the pregnancy. Women who have complications during pregnancy are, however, advised to avoid sex during this phase.
- Exercise and meditation during pregnancy: Pregnancy can be stressful for some women. From morning sickness to cramps, insomnia to mood swings, there are many health issues that a woman has to face during pregnancy. Exercise and meditation come as a much-needed savior. Meditation is known to be a great stress buster. It helps a pregnant woman deal with the situation better. Women with morning sickness benefit greatly from exercise and meditation. Swimming is an also an excellent exercise to indulge upon during pregnancy. However, to play it safe, consult your gynecologist before you try out any exercise or meditation. Avoid doing very strenuous exercise or physical activity.
- Pregnancy diet: The diet of a pregnant woman will have an impact on the overall development of the fetus. The baby will derive its nutrition from the mother. Thus, one should be careful with the choice of foods during pregnancy. Foods rich in proteins, folic acid, calcium, and iron should be consumed more during pregnancy. Green leafy vegetables, fortified cereals, pasta are an excellent source of folic acid. Eggs, nuts, fish, poultry, dried beans, and peas are rich in iron and proteins. Milk, cheese, yogurt, and juices (calcium fortified) takes care of the calcium requirement. The diet, however, changes with each trimester. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Foods such as alcohol, tuna fish (fish which have high mercury content), caffeinated drinks and beverages, raw meat, and unpasteurized foods are best left untouched during pregnancy.
- Medications: It goes without saying that during pregnancy, no medicines should be taken without consulting the doctor. Self-medication can prove to be dangerous.
- Effect of pregnancy on professional life: Pregnancy seldom affects one's professional life. However, avoid work that leaves you physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted and stressed out.
- Take a walk: Pregnant women sometimes get benefit from walking in the morning and evening.
- Sleep well: It is important to take rest and sleep well during pregnancy.
Lastly, stay happy and cheerful as much as you can. Pregnancy can be difficult, but with a little effort, you can make it memorable and enjoyable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!