Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Neurologists online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KumarYour feedback matters!
Case history. I have been suffering from seizure since I was one year. It first started as febrile seizure and I had been on sodium valproate. I remained seizure free for 3-4 years span when on medication. But after withdrawal of med again I had seizure attack and again started med. This episode continued till 18 years of age. But I discontinued med abruptly and suffered attack then again started med valparin chrono 300 mg twice daily. And further discontinued it. After remain seizure free without medication for 2 years I suffered attack on 16.2.18. Doctor at bangalore prescribed levipil and valparin. I took it for few days and give up med. Then after 2 and 4 months I again suffered attack on 15th of June 2018. I started valparin chrono 300 mg 2 tab at night but few doses again skipped. And I suffered attack on 15th July 2018. The attack was for a brief period 3-4 minutes and I had fever also with tonsillitis. Heavy headache and nausea after attack. And I went to deep sleep. I took levipil and valparin on 15th night.
I am suffering with insomnia from 4 years I do not know wat to do often I am getting angry headache give me some valuable advice I don't have any tension fears problem but no sleep.
I'm patient of epilepsy, ye sleep me hota h.I always taken ox maxetol medicine. Can I live in life just like others.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment: