Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep Kr SonuYour feedback matters!
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
I have lots of pain on my backside teeth and it leads to swelling also What can I do? Pls suggest me.
I am 31 years old, while night I am getting lots of spit in my mouth, what should I do for that? Please.
I am having pain in my jaw at times. The pain is when opening the mouth and move the jaw upward and downward. There will be pain in the left ear at times. If necessary shall I have to consult and ent surgeon or dental surgeon.
Dear Dr, I am 66 years old and lost 16 tooths, including both upper and lower. I find if I do artificial tooth in use (removal and put in use often, difficulties. Therfore, I want permanent fixations. One Dr. suggested it is simply pasting and another Dr. suggests, drill and fixing methods. Please suggest me good one with economically.
I want to tighten my teeth closer which have bit gaps at present, is it possible(my age is 21)? If it is then how long it will take for the procedure to complete?
I have braces and I find little difficult to eat and I think that I cant chew food and digest it properly because of my improper teeth alligned condition and im very lean and I think that my teeth condition is also a main reason for this. Please help me with this.
I have pain in tooth and water are very cooling in my tooth so have very problem create in feeding time.
1. Flossing. It is an absolute must to remove the matter from between the gaps where your brush's bristles can never reach. Thats where the bad smell and decay dwell.
2. Tongue Cleaning. Our tongue is a mighty storehouse of all that gets stuck and causes bad breadth!
3. Drink more water. As for everyhing else, it works for dental health too."