Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. Rubina PerweenYour feedback matters!
1. Keep children in mosquito nets
2. Apply natural mosquito repellent on their bodies
3. Give them 2-3 litres of fluids including glucose, fruit & vegetable juice and water
4. Use neem leaves to burn and cleanse your home
5. Keep tulsi plant in each room of your house.
I checked my diabetics FBS is 260 and PBS is 379 on 25 february. Today I checked my diabetics fbs is 167 and pbs is 215. And also I checked hba1c is 10.1. What is my status and can I able to control without medicine. Past one month without medicine only I reduce the sugar level. Kindly guide me.
I am 23 female married I had done my hormones test Dr. suggest me n mine reports is follicle stimulating hormone is 5.21 n rubella lgG antibodies is 11.1 and AMH is 4.93. Are they normal or any infection?
From last two days feeling so much sleepy and tired every time and lazy also .and also some pain in head. After taking full sleep and rest.
I'm 23 year boy. I'm just 59 kg. So I have to increase my weight and chest expansion to attend police training within a month, so please assist me?
I am 55 years old and last five years I am not feeling weak and lack of strength especially in the morning I do not feel like going out of home. I consulted doctors but none has pin pointed any physical problem.
I am having a severe headache from last 3-4 days and there is a weakness in all body parts. Please advise.
The placenta is a rich vascular tissue seen in the inner wall of the uterus. It provides nutrition to the growing baby through the umbilical cord. It also helps in removal of wastes from the developing baby. The placenta is usually present on the upper part of the uterus and grows during pregnancy in size and vascularity.
However, if this placenta is towards the lower portion near the cervix, it is known as previa, meaning prolapse. This could happen during the third trimester of pregnancy. There are chances that it will block the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus into the birth canal. This may hinder normal delivery and can be one of the reasons necessitating cesarean section. As the baby tries to push through the placenta, the highly vascular placenta can tear and cause significant bleeding. It can be a big risk to both the mother and the baby.
Placenta previa is quite common and can happen for every 1 in 200 pregnancies. Though what causes it is not very clear, some of the predisposing factors include the following:
- Advanced maternal age (35 or more)
- Smoking mothers
- Have had children
- History of C-section
- Carrying twins or triplets
- History of uterine surgeries
There could be complete previa or total previa.
- If the placenta is in the lower portion of the uterus, but not close to the cervix, with about 2 cm distance between the cervix and the placenta tip, it is termed as low-lying placenta.
- If the placenta sits on the border of the cervix, but does not cover the opening, it is partial or marginal previa.
- When it is in the lower portion and completely covers the cervix, it is complete previa.
Placental position is monitored throughout pregnancy, and by the second trimester, the doctor can suspect potential previa. Though the placenta may be in the lower half of the uterus during the first trimester, it usually moves up towards the end of the second trimester. If it does not, then the doctor might request for periodic testing to ensure it is in place.
- Fresh bleeding during the third trimester is indicative of previa. Managing previa depends on how far you are into the pregnancy and how severe the bleeding is.
- If it is minimal, then only observation will suffice. Bed rest with no intercourse, no pelvic exams, and limited travelling is recommended.
- If the previa is confirmed and there is no bleeding, a C-section will be scheduled at 37 weeks.
- If delivery cannot wait, then the baby will be immediately delivered at the end of 34 weeks, post which the baby and mother will be kept under observation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult the gynaecologist immediately.
Hello doctor, my wife is feeling tired after she climbs one floor and after her kitchen work. She has also lost her weight in this few months. When checked her hb count was 8.5. What can be done. Please advice.
I sweat a lot in thi summer. The urine out put is limited. Is it alright? my age 83 ans slightly over over weight kindly advise me.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from hypo- thyroid n my THS range is 5.18 n my weight is 65. please tel me which medicine I take n how to loose my weight n also tell me dia plan?
Benefits of jackfruit seeds:
1. Fights wrinkles
In order to avoid wrinkles on your skin take a seed of jackfruit and grind it smoothly in cold milk for some time. Apply this paste on your face regularly to keep fine lines away. This is one of the chief benefits of jackfruit seeds and is bound to give your skin a boost of youth. Jackfruit seeds are also great for your skin’s texture. Soak the seeds with some milk and honey and grind it into a fine paste. Apply this on your face evenly and let it dry completely. Wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Helps in curing mental stress and skin diseases
Since jackfruit seeds are high in proteins and other micronutrients, they help in managing mental stress levels and various other skin diseases. Consume jackfruit seeds to keep the skin moisture levels high and your hair in good condition.
3. Prevents anaemia
Eating jackfruit seeds can give your daily nutrition an iron boost. Jackfruit seeds are a great source of iron which is a component of hemoglobin. A diet which is rich in iron eliminates the risk of anemia and other blood disorders. Iron also keeps the brain and heart healthy and strong
4. Healthy hair and good eyesight
Jackfruit seeds help in maintaining good eyesight as they contain vitamin a. Vitamin a is one of the most important nutrients for eye health and a diet rich in this vitamin helps keep night blindness at bay. Vitamin a also promotes healthy hair and prevents brittle hair.
5. Prevents indigestion
The powdered jackfruit seeds are known to give instant relief from indigestion. Sun dry the seeds first and then grind them to a powder. Store this powder for a quick, homemade remedy for indigestion. You can also consume jackfruit seeds directly for constipation as it is a rich source of dietary fiber.
6. Builds muscles
Jackfruit seeds comprise high quality proteins which aids in building muscles. The proteins we get from jackfruits is free from cholesterol.