Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RiteshYour feedback matters!
I have an abscessed tooth that has gotten infected. When I woke up 3 days ago I found I could barely swallow accompanied by a new level of pain so I went to the ER and got antibiotics. At the moment the swelling hasn't subsided and I have a strange red blotch starting on my swollen jaw & moving down neck and slowly down my chest. The pain is at times nauseating and my head and neck hurt. How concerned should I be and what course of action should I take? Thanks.
I'm21 years old. And having severe tooth ache bsonwent treatment and ultra sonic scaling my again back what can I do now.
Hello, I am 34 year old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do ?
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.
My son has rct on his left upper last second molar tooth . But it is paining after rct too . He is scared of going to the dentist .He is taking painkillers and Ketorol DT . Please tell me the solution. His age is 14.
I had visited dentist for scaling as my teeth are yellow. I had lot of pain once he started. He stopped the process and told me to apply senquel f as my teeth are very sensitive. But after a month also there was pain while scaling and could not be done. Doctor has recommended to continue applying senquel f for more time. What else can I do for sensitivity?
I bit my lip very badly while eating chicken. I am not even able to eat anything. Suggest me any solution.
Hi. Sir or madam. I had bad breath in my mouth for long days. I brush well. But I had this problem. So please give remedy for this. Thank you.
External application of cold also aids in the same phenomenon.