Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Purushottam KumarYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from lichen plans but now it is cured and der r black marks on my body how to reduce it permanently.
Is skin whitening injections good How Much Does Skin Whitening injections Cost in Bangalore What are the side effects.
I have oily skin with acne marks, please suggest a good face wash Name and moisturiser or cream for a healthy glowing skin.
Hi I am getting married soon, infact next month. I want to clearup my face. I have pigmentation n acne spots on my face. My skin type is oily and complexion is dusky. Can you suggest any cream or medicine for intake to help me clear my face n get a glow on my wedding day
I was applying skinshine ointment on my face now I can c white patches on my face wat can I do for dat should I use dat r not.
Sir I am a student of b,tech. I have large dark circles under my eyes. Please provide me proper remedies ?
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
How to protect skin from sunshine from uv and pollution, How to remove extra melanin from body. How to control body sweat & body odour. How to escape from skin allergies.
My skin is dry. Even if my skin dry I hve a pimples and blackheads problem on face. When I do. Facial only one or two days my skin look good and next day it looks like more dry than before.
How to restore my original fair skin tone Using natural home remedies and which hair oil is best for hair strengthening Thank you in advance.
I play cricket that's why I am getting rashes on my hands which gets expose to sun due which I get itching every now and then. So what should I do?
Hi Doctor, I have white spots at the back of throat. I was diagnosed with Chlamydia two months ago and was prescribed with doxycycline, I completed the 7 days course and again I followed the process after 1 week since I was feeling burning sensation under scrotum. I do not have any other symptoms of Chlamydia, but this throat condition is bothering me. I've been taking zifi 200 mg from last 4 days. The throat doesn't pain. Please suggest me if I should do other STD tests and how to cure this.
Hi, I am 25 years old female. I have acne problem on my face and full red marks on my chicks my face looks very dirty please suggest me how I will get clear skin?
My friend suffer from “Cholinergic Urticaria skin problem for many years but no one understand this disorder please let me know what should he do now.
Colon polyps are growths that are typically found in the large intestine. Although the causes behind the occurrence of colon polyps are not known, this condition is usually seen to affect adults.
These colon polyps might turn into colon cancer over a period of time; the development of cancer can happen over a number of years.
Colon polyps are usually symptomless; hence it becomes difficult to diagnose the condition. They are commonly found as additional results of screening tests for colon cancers. Screening tests are conducted when there is a suspicion of a disease but it displays no significant symptoms. The symptoms can only be visible if the polyps are enlarged.
Typical symptoms include:
Changes in bowel conditions such as diarrhoea and constipation.
Changes in urination patterns.
Change in appearance of stool.
As the presence of most polyps becomes evident only during colon cancer tests, it is recommended that regular tests for colon cancer be conducted for adults over the age of 50.
Some of these tests include:
Colonoscopy: This is highly recommended for detecting colon polyps. A small tube used for viewing is inserted into the colon by the doctor.
Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: It is similar to colonoscopy with the only difference being that the tube is smaller.
Computed Tomographic Colonography (CTC): Also known as virtual colonoscopy, various computer systems and X-rays are used to create a detailed picture of the colon so that the doctor can search for polyps.
The size of the colon polyps helps to identify if the polyp is cancerous or not. Chances of the polyp being cancerous are high if the size of the polyp is higher than 1 cm or 0.4 inches. Hyperplastic polyps (smaller polyps) do not become cancerous and hence, do not need to undergo a colonoscopy. Another form of polyp is the sessile polyp which is usually a flat growth without a stalk and grows on the inner wall of the colon. Similar to other polyps, these polyps can be found and removed using a colonoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.