Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all General Surgeons online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pranava Dutta Verma
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Dr. Pranava Dutta VermaYour feedback matters!
I have very weak roots of hair. The scalp is dry itchy n at times painful. My hair are dry frizzy and wavy. They are extremely thin. Some places are bald too. HELP ME! I am just 19 years old. It is really depressing for me.
My skin (legs) began itching 20 years ago. One doctor told me my condition was psoriasis. I started applying some skin ointment which resulted in darkening/ blacking my skin. I want my skin back to clear. It is not. Itching continues. What should I do?
I want to be a model. So I wanna follow a regular routine for my skin, hair, face and body. So give me suggestions if there any.
Dear doctor I have skin problem like fungal infection b/w the legs and somewhere in my back. Since one year I used many ointments like quadriderm, demikem OC, etc but I get relief from these for 2-3 days only. I didn't get any permanent solution for the same Can you please help me out Anshu.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.