Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all General Surgeons online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pranava Dutta Verma
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Dr. Pranava Dutta VermaYour feedback matters!
Today blood coming in my stool (Potty) this happen also previous time around one month before. It is serious please tell me.
Hi I am having a problem with my skin. Rashes on my body on neck, hand and other parts of body. As visited doctor but they didn't able to recover the problem of my problems. As one doctor said it is keralatin.
Is 27 cc volume for prostate for 28 years guy is something to worry about is this could go into prostate enlargement or prostatitis and does it require medical advice or it is some sort bacterial Information.
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case.
Related Tip: Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin's Aging?
I have dark patches on my cheeks kindly suggest what kind of diet I should take and what medicines can remove it.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My lips are very dried nowadays. Inspite of using vaseline and nivea cream ,I'm facing the same problem. Any remedy.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hairs which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing: All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
HOW LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORKS
Regardless of which area you're looking to de-fuzz, laser hair removal can help. In a matter of minutes, hair follicles are destroyed with minimal discomfort. Using highly concentrated energy, hair follicles are targeted and pulses of light are emitted. The laser's energy is attracted to the pigment of hair, the same way sunlight is attracted to darker clothing. For this reason, laser hair removal work best on those with dark, coarse hair and a fair complexion.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A LASER HAIR REMOVAL PROVIDER:
- The experience level of the treatment provider
- The quality of the hair removal equipment (lasers)
- The ability to safely treat all skin colors.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.