Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash Chandra JhaYour feedback matters!
What I do to make my gum pink ? these black gums spoils my personality. Please suggest me what I do ?
I am having mouth ulcer very severe, its keeps coming often , would like to know if there is any gel which I can apply, I have been using dologel and dentogel , but that only numbs the surface for some time. Please tel me a gel which can be used and which is more effective and very good.
I have dental problem. I have cavity in my teeth. And I am also getting treatment of RCT but my teeth getting pain sometimes and sometime their is no pain. I am also getting difficulty in eating.
Hai I am 26 years old, in an accident I lost my teeth, I heard that we can regenerate teeth using stemcells of wisdom tooth, is it possible, if it is possible how much the cost will be per tooth. I have already a bridge, but I want natural looking teeth, and I know about dental implants, but I do not want to put artificial things in my mouth.
Hello sir/mam, Mera muh kabhi kabhi pura nhi khulta hai. Jadater thik rahta hai, pura kholne per dard hota hai Khana bhi nhi kha pata hu ache se. Or na hi maine aajtak kabhi gutka khaya hai. Muh kholne per left side dard hota hai or pura nhi khulta. Abhi do din se dard hai. Thik nhi hua hai Jadater apne ap thik ho jata hai. Thank you.
I am 26 years old and I have teeth pain last three months I used pain relief tablets last two months but no relief pls suggest me with good medicine.
I have pain in both of my jaw and also clicking sound from right side of my jaw. I have also neck and shoulder pain and I recently have noticed that the space between c5 and c6 of my spine have increased. I am feeling very very unwell and uncomfort. please please please help me.
Hello sir. I have a serious problem. Since last 6 years I press my teeth on the table because my height of teeth. And last 6 months I'm getting full headache then I will stop pressing of my teeth. Now my mind is not working in some times and I forgot easily when my sir handover some works I forgot it. It is very problem to me what I do sir And which doctor can I consult.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!