Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Male Breast Disorders
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Treatment of Double Chin
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Heart Attacks
Hernia Repair Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Onkar DevYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old and suffering from excessive hair fall I am using mintop 5% but it's not work .my hair fall is male pattern baldness please me some hair oil for thicker hair.
I am not at all feeling well. I am loosing my hairs day by day. This is the thing that upsets me. What can I do to prevent this hair loss?
How to get clear the pimple in my face. please suggest the face wash and moisturizer and astringent. Which that available in india.
Hello Doctor, I heard that homemade face mask opens skin pore and make skin sensitive is it true? I want to use rice flour and coconut milk face mask. My skin is already very sensitive for UV. Should I use this mask or not ?
I used to have very thick and dense hairs. But now I am suffering from sever hair loss, also my hair are now thin. What should I do to get back my dense and thick hairs?
Hello, My hair is fallout more at this age. please suggest any home made medicine to control the hair fall.
Hi I'm a male or boys wat by eating or drinking you get or gives you fairer, clear and glowing skin please tel me wat should I eat or drink to get fairer, clear, and glowing and healthy skin for my face and body or me? Wat mens or boys eat or drink to get or look fairer, clear and glowing healthy skin wat should I eat and drink please tel me plz.
I have my periods for 2-3 days regularly in every month on time. But have a single hair on my chin grown few month back simultaneously with acne. As I was not having acne ever in my life. Kindly guide me. Is acne is because of any other problem.?
I have problem of hair fall, dandruff and cavity in teeth and headache and stomach pain so what I do?
Sir ,I am suffering from pimple (funsi) on my face it grow again and again on my face with pain ,which medicine should I take.
Day by day my skin tone decreases Now I m using pears glycerin face wash. Which fach wash is suitable for my skin?
Sir, my skin is very dry and have blackheads. I couldn't use any cream bcoz of skin allergy. But now I'm looking much more aged. please sir help me to improve my skin.
He has pimples and black spots on his face. What should he do to remove within 3mth as he will be having his cabin crew xms.
Which lotion is good for hair fall and regrowth of hair during the treatment of prp therapy, Tugain 5% OR Kera xl. please suggest (help)
She have pimple in her face. A black mark take place later it pains a lot is there any solution for this.
Hair loss can affect just your scalp or your entire body. Most people normally shed 50 to 100 hairs a day. This usually doesn't cause noticeable thinning of scalp hair because new hair is growing in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when this cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
The exact cause of hair loss may not be fully understood, but it's usually related to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history (heredity)
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions
Family history (heredity)
The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition called male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair in women.
Heredity also affects the age at which you begin to lose hair, the rate of hair loss and the extent of baldness. Pattern baldness is most common in men and can begin as early as puberty. This type of hair loss may involve both hair thinning and miniaturization (hair becomes soft, fine and short).
Hormonal changes and medical conditions
A variety of conditions can cause hair loss, including:
- Hormonal changes. Hormonal changes and imbalances can cause temporary hair loss. This could be due to pregnancy, childbirth or the onset of menopause. Hormone levels are also affected by the thyroid gland, so thyroid problems may cause hair loss.
- Patchy hair loss. This type of nonscarring hair loss is called alopecia areata (al-o-PEE-she-uh ar-e-A-tuh). It occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles — causing sudden hair loss that leaves smooth, roundish bald patches on the skin.
- Scalp infections. Infections, such as ringworm, can invade the hair and skin of your scalp, leading to scaly patches and hair loss. Once infections are treated, hair generally grows back.
- Other skin disorders. Diseases that cause scarring alopecia may result in permanent loss at the scarred areas. These conditions include lichen planus, some types of lupus and sarcoidosis.
- Hair-pulling disorder. This condition, also called trichotillomania (trik-o-til-o-MAY-nee-uh), causes people to have an irresistible urge to pull out their hair, whether it's from the scalp, the eyebrows or other areas of the body.
Other causes of hair loss
Hair loss can also result from:
- Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
- A trigger event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary. Examples of trigger events include sudden or excessive weight loss, a high fever, surgery, or a death in the family.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments and permanents can cause inflammation of hair follicles that leads to hair loss. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.
A number of factors can increase your risk of hair loss, including:
You can stop or even reverse hair loss with aggressive treatment, especially if it’s due to an underlying medical condition. Hereditary hair loss may be more difficult to treat, but certain procedures such as hair transplants can help reduce the appearance of baldness. Talk to your doctor to explore all your options to lessen the effects of hair loss.