Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Male Breast Disorders
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Treatment of Double Chin
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Heart Attacks
Hernia Repair Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Onkar DevYour feedback matters!
Hair fall also known as alopecia is a problem encountered by millions of men and women worldwide. Hair fall can be a very distressing problem and can make you feel depressed. Hair fall may happen due to several reasons. Finding out the root cause of your hair fall will help you to deal with your problem more efficiently. Following are some causes that could be the reason for your hair fall:
- For some people hair fall may be a hereditary problem.
- Hormonal imbalance may at times lead to hair fall.
- Stress can be a leading cause of hair loss.
- Frequent use of hair styling tools may cause your hair to fall rapidly.
- Consuming steroids like birth control pills very often may result in uncontrolled hair fall.
- A diet with insufficient amount of protein can trigger hair fall.
But there is no reason for you to be disheartened, because there are many treatments available for controlling hair fall. Homeopathy offers promising remedies for reducing hair fall.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
- If your hair fall is due to scalp diseases like dandruff or eczema then your homeopathic physician may recommend you medicines like Psorinum.
- Your doctor may recommend you medicines like Pulsatilla or Sepia Officinalis, if hair loss happens due to childbirth or after menopause.
- If hair fall is due to alopecia then your doctor may recommend you medicines like Calcrea Carbonica.
- Homeopathic medicines like Fluoric acid are used for growing back your hair if bald spots appear on your scalp due to hair fall.
- Medicines like Lycopodium are used for growing back your hair in case of complete baldness.
- Silicea is a common homeopathic medicine prescribed for hair fall in case of young people.
Hair fall must not be ignored. You may consider visiting a homeopathic doctor if your hair is falling at an alarming rate.
I am 31 years old. I live in kolkata. I am facing a huge hair fall problem. I heared reason it is dht level on my body, and it can be possible to regrowth hair by eating some food. Please suggest me if there is any way ayurveda way to regrowth. Thanks.
I am having hair loss problem from last three months I have consult the hair expect but problem not clear so please suggest complete solution.
I am losing my hair quickly I have tried all type of shampoo but I can't get any benefit so please advice me?
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.