Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj kumarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old ,and till now after 2 deliveries every now and then I have to visit the dentist and till now in past 1 year I have gone through 4 rootcanals of last four tooths pls suggest me so I can save my other teeth from damage.
I am working person. I always feel tired all the time and I yawn too much. I drink plenty of water but did not help and I always have mouth ulcer.
My teeth's colour is yellow I want to be a gud healthy white smile What should I do Better if you suggest home made things.
Hi I'm a male please suggest me or give some tips how to brush my teeth which position how to brush which position or which side please help me out how to brush which position to brush.
Hi doctor. I am 19 years old. I have suffering from chronic tiredness, dental issues, stomach disorders, joint pains and head aches a lil often. I have been into this from around 2 years. Just after I had root canal with amulgum-black fillings in my teeths. Is it in someway related to this?
I have bad smell from mouth from last 5 years. I got rid from two cavities 2 years back and these cavities had been for 1-2 years in my mouth. I had one of these cavity-tooth root canaled with a ceramic cap and after 7 days I found a black line at the bottom of it. I have some stains on my teeth. I went to the dentist for bad smell but he said that everything was ok. But from last year I experience that everyone covers their noses when I go near them no matter whether I speak or not. I doubt that bad smell is coming from my nose also. I went to ENT doctor but he also said that all was ok. What should I do now.
I am having toothache and started getting cavity as well. How to stop the cavity which is there from molars to front teeth.
I have mouth ulcer since very long time. It goes of for 1-2 days and again come back and little pan in right side of tongue root while food gulp.
Hello! I am suffering bleeding from my teeth in the morning during brushing. I have tried to cure it by using lemons in meal. But did not get any relief. What should I do? Thank you.
My oral bones growth was not right. My upper jaw wasn't grown well, so palate also not good. As a result, gap between nose and teeth are very less. Is there any chance to make my upper jaw bones to grow correctly?
I am 26 years old male. I have backpain problem and I have acidity problem. Some problem in teeth also so what can I do?
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.