Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
My teeth always bleed even I have tried my toothpastes and a doctor told to limcy I took them too but my gums are still weak.
Yesterday I gone through the surgery for removing my wisdom tooth (lower right), but the root of tooth was very close to the lingual nerv. So the doctor was able to remove half part of the tooth. And half part of the tooth is still there .it will make any trouble? I am very scared. please guid me.
I am 25 years old meal I have a hair problem. Please tell me what I do and what should I do? I have another problem teeth problem. Tell what your suggestion?
I have a root canal treatment. I stopped the treatment after few months. Will any problem in future?
Hi I have gaps between lateral upper incisors and central incisors are large. Can I opt for crowns or braces?
When ever I sleep I used to get mouth fill with saliva or bad water (spit) type which also causes bad smell of mouth what is that and how to cure.
I noticed a small, black mark on my wisdom tooth (that's small and still growing). I brushed and it went away. After dinner, I just noticed a faint black mark on it again. What could this be?
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration
I am 50 years old and due to tooth decay I consulted a dentist nearby my area and he removed my tooth before 5 days. After that I had severe pain in my teeth muscles and also it caused severe headache for last 5 days. Though I consulted the doctor again and explained him the situation he examined my mouth and and told that everything will be fine and the pain is natural. I don't feel normal till now and what should I do to control the pain naturally. Also I am having a little bit of swallowing in my mouth. Please suggest me some natural ways as well as advice to keep my teeth healthy.
I have teeth cavity problem whenever I eat meat its stuck on my teeth could you please advise me to which toothpaste I have to use. Thanks and regards essa.
Due to the consumption of tobacco my lower frontal teeth have gaps after scaling from doctors. The teeth have stains also. I consulted recently with a dentist and she advised scaling and then orthodontics treatment to close the gaps. But due to the fear of more gaps I can't do scaling. Is there any other way out to brighten the teeth and close the gaps?
I am 32 years, i am suffering from OSMF (oral submuscous Fibrosis) from last 4/5 year. What should i do?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"