Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JP SinghYour feedback matters!
My teeth hurt for a long time. I can not eat hot food. When I eat the hot food then teeth sirasira. What should I do now?
I have an problem in my teeth so plzzz help me how to solve this problem plzz suggest mea good doctor very fast.
I have disordered teeth. Is it possible to put clips on my teeth without removing any teeth? Also, does putting clips cause any damage to brain?
Hello doc, I always noticed that blood is coming from my gums while brushing, also some teats became sensitive. Please advice. Thank you in advance.
I have little white mark on tongue. When I eat my food it felt too much chill then other part. What is this?
Sir I have my dental problem when I do brush blood was con in small amount please give me solution thanksssss.
I have problem in teeth it leak sweet lar and have some sensation please help me l am using tobacco for last three months but from last two days I stop eating tobacco or this problem start from last night.
How to make teeth whiter? My teeth are in yellow shade. It make me feel embarrassed sometimes. Please suggest something to make them whiter.
Sir I have teeth gap in front teeth this is came from my father, I am struggling with this teeth gap I lose my confidence in every actions is there any chance to fill the gap or to destroy the gap please give me suggestions. Now iam 21 years old what should I do.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.