Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you to get in touch with the best General Surgeons online in Patna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bijay Kumar
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Dr. Bijay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from skin infections in underarms. Which increases during summer season What should I do?
Hi doctor I am suffering from skin daisies (itching) and ring warm I used lots of medicine but I don't get relief please tell me I can do what.
I am 28 years old. I have dark circle under eyes. please suggest me any advance treatment ti clear it as early as possible.
Ayurveda believes health is managed by 3 components i.e. pitta, vata and kapha dosha. The type of skin that a person has also depends on which of these is predominant. Accordingly, in people where pitta is dominant, it is warm to the touch and more prone to breakouts, moles and freckles. In people where vata is dominant, the skin is thin and remains cool, gets dehydrated easily and is easily affected by dry weather. In people with kapha dominance, the skin is thick and greasy and is more tolerant to sun exposure.
Allergy is when the body responds adversely to a component which might have reached the system either through air, food or contact. Various substances cause allergies and with most allergies, skin rashes are common, can be of mainly 4 types:
- Contact dermatitis: When the skin comes in touch with an allergy-causing agent, the skin breaks out into a rash. The inducing agent could be rubber, chemicals, metals, pets, etc.
- Bites and stings: When insects such as bees or other insects sting or bite, the surrounding area develops a rash.
- Warm weather: When the weather is too warm, there is prickly heat effect, which produces a rash.
- Food induced: When certain food items like peanuts or eggs are consumed, some people develop a skin rash.
Whatever the reason, the mode of management would be to try to achieve a balance between the three components.
- Poppy seeds: A paste of poppy seeds powder mixed with lemon juice and water can help get rid of rashes.
- Buttermilk and baking soda: Use a cotton swab to apply a mixture of buttermilk and baking soda on the affected skin area and see the rashes disappear. The soothing effect and relief will be felt immediately.
- Basil leaves, garlic and olive oil: Crush some basil leaves and add some garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil to form a smooth paste. Apply over the skin rash for 1 to 2 days until the rashes disappear.
- Oatmeal bath: Adding a cup of uncooked oatmeal into the bath water and using this water for a bath after 5 minutes is a great way to get rid of rashes and their redness and itching.
- Essential oils: Almond oil, chamomile oil, and tea tree oil can be mixed in equal proportions to get relief from rashes of almost all causes.
- Cold tea bags: Using cold tea bags on the skin helps relief of the rashes through tannin contained in the tea, which has great healing properties.
Just as skin rash is very common, so is the treatment. These substances are readily available in the kitchen and so treating a skin rash is very easy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda.
I am 36year old male and I have used many products to get fair skin but nothing worked till now. Kindly suggest me something to get fairer skin.
May I know which is the best and cost effective derma roller in India. And is it safe to use derma roller? What needle size should I get to see results.
I have boils, doctor told me to use t bact, which is not available in the market at all. Which cream can I use as its substitute.
I am suffering from itching since last 2 month. Appear some dotted on skin after etching with nail thats become reddish spot. Mostly problem in winter, when I loose my clothes, Slitly relief when I use mustard oil.
Skin allergies causing dermatitis are very common and can be caused by allergic reactions to food substances like peanuts or eggs. However, it is more common when there is physical contact with some allergens, for example, nickel (used in belts and artificial jewellery; rubber in watch straps or wristbands). The person would usually develop an itch and rash, which could be localised or generalised.
Ayurveda believes in a two fold management of allergic dermatitis. While the first one is aimed at improved skin care routine, the second one is aimed at using natural remedies for managing dermatitis (rash and eczema).
- Avoid soap or use a mild soap, as it removes the acidic layers of the skin, which are essential for preventing infections.
- Use cold plain water in summer or take a warm bath during the winter season.
- Use a smooth, soft towel, and avoid rubbing.
- For dry skin, apply oil on your skin for an hour before taking bath. Alternately, add olive oil or neem oil to your bath water.
- Do not take frequent, long, or hot baths.
- Avoid stepping out during extreme weather.
- Keep away from blankets and woollens.
- Ensure your diet does not contain usual allergy-producing stuff like peanuts, eggs, milk, cheese, fish, etc.
- Avoid artificial jewellery, rubber footwear, fur, and synthetic fabrics which can increase the rash and eczema.
- Overall, get enough physical and mental rest, avoid taking the stress, and sleep well and eat well.
- Avoid scratching the affected skin.
- Preferably wear cotton and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
In addition to the above overall skin care measures, the affected area needs to be given additional care and treatment to relieve the symptoms.
- With its soothing properties, honey is proven to be very effective in treating many skin conditions. It can be diluted with water and applied on the affected area.
- This provides relief from the itching, which is very common with blisters. This is especially useful in the area under the eyes.
- Crushing a cup of oatmeal and adding it to the bath water helps in cleansing the skin and removes the dead skin. It also provides relief against irritation, soothes the skin, and provides relief from the itching.
- The juice of the tender leaves of tephrossia purpurea (sarapunkha) and terminal catapa (jangali badam) can be applied to the affected skin, which provides great relief. Twice a day, after meals, tries panchanimbaadi choornam.
- A paste of sesame oil, juice of arka and turmeric can be applied on the affected part.
- Mix two teaspoonful of pancha tikta ghrita guggul in warm milk and have it on an empty stomach. This mixture is an effective remedy for eczema.
- Kadirarista mixed with water in equal proportions can be consumed twice daily after meals.
- The next time you are faced with allergic skin reactions, try these measures and see the benefits for yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.