Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmitYour feedback matters!
My son does not eat properly. Bt he sleeps for a long time. He studies in l. Kg standard n wen sleeps in d event he wakes up in mng. In d meanwhile he takes sm milk vd feeder n nothing else. We it affect his health. Shud he sleep for a long tm.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
Hi sir / mam. My daughter is 4 and half year she Ss very thin n won't have food much can you suggest me any powder r syrup to have a healthy food pls suggest.
My baby born with 2.5 kgs. Please guide me how to put on his weight. Wat diet my wife has to follow.
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
Hello sir or mam mera four months ka baby boy hai use baar baar stomach re releated problem hoti rhti hai kbhi motion ki kbhi gas uska pet tight ho jaata hai jb wo ek hafte ka tha thi bhi use problem thi us time pr use toilet me infection tha uski mummy ko delivery k baad se piles ki problem ho gyi thi babyboy bhi motion thik se nhi krta thodi thodi quantity me motion krta hai 6 se 7 baar uska weight ki growth to thik hai wo maa kya hee milk pee rha hai jb se uski mummy ki piles ki medicine chli hai jbse hee usko stomach ki problem hui hai.
Had cesarean 5days back but do not have sufficient milk in my breast to feed my baby so please suggest some home remedies to get good milk in my breast for my baby.
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
Hi doctor. I want to know my 3 year old baby girl why she is suffering from cold many times. Please suggest me what can I do for her good health.
The underrated vegetable is know for its hefty nutritional values. It is a known diuretic (which helps to remove excess water and toxins) from the system and also help in gastroinstestinal problems like flatulence(gas),indigestion and acidity. It surely makes a healing punch.