Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akhilesh Singh
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. Akhilesh SinghYour feedback matters!
I have multiple scattered calcific foci with healed granulomatous in my parietal lobe of brain as discovered 10 years back. I had 4 major siezures and 4 simple partial focal siezures till date. I am on a eptoin 300mg a day since 5 years. Can I consume alcohol ?
Hello, I am a cyber expert by profession need to work at night according to USA timing. I am addicted to codeine maleate syrups like ascoril, Corex as well as alprazolam 1 mg a day and 2 bottle syrup a day and want to leave this please suggest? Till now had gone full body checkup but seems to be OK by all means like kidney, lever and all are normal but feels the shiver in both hands due to alprazolam dose please suggest?
At an age of 6 months my sister got fits (brain fever, now she is 19 years old she is not get cured from the disease. My father has consulted so many neurosurgeons for her treatment in many cities, but no one has not suggested the right treatment for her problem. Plzz help me in this regard.
Hi Sir, Levroxa 500 mg and Levera 500 mg are same tablets. I am epilepsy patient. I always taking twice a day levroxa 500 mg. Today I take Levera 500 mg. Sir .kuch problem ho sakta hai kiya.
My father is suffering from paralysis since 10 months. He is unable to speak. He suffered from paralysis attack twice in last 10 months. We consulted many doctors but all in vain. Please help me.
Parkinsonism or parkinsonian syndrome group is of disorders which manifests as tremor, disturbances in voluntary movement (rigidity, bradykinesia or akinesia) and impairement in the balance and automatic reactions.
This syndrome do occur in various conditions, of which Parkinson's disease is quite common.
Parkinson's disease was observed by james Parkinson in the year 1817. It took about 100 years to be well verse with the pathology of this disease condition and the treatment was partially achieved by the introduction of Levo-dopa in the year 1960.
A. Idiopathic: The etiology is not understood. Example of this type of parkinson's diease, where there is degeneration of neurons in the substantia nigra and corpus striatum. It occurs usually in late adult life, progress slowly, and kills the patient by 10-15 years after the onset.
B. Vascular: Multi-infarct disease(arthreosclerotic parkinsonism).
C. Infection: Infection by various viruses, most commonly influenza virus may be causing parkinsonism like features. It is termed as encephalitis lethargica that causes focal insult to the brain matter.
D. Due to toxicity: Certain toxic chemicals like manganese, carbon disulfide, carbon monoxide, cyanide exposed in various occupation can cause diffuse damage to the brain exhibiting parkinsonian syndromes.
E. Various drugs: Phenothiazines, butyrophenones, tetrabenazine can cause Parkinsonism.
F. Multiple system degeneration that occurs in condition like Alzheimer disease shy-Drager syndrome, supranuclear opthalmoplegia, Wilson's disease, etc. can cause parkinsonism.
G. Metabolic: Abnormal calcium metabolism can cause disposition of calcium in the basal ganglia causing parkinsonism.
H. Traumatic: Multiple brain damage commonly encountered in boxers usually causes parkinsonism. This types of parkinsonism. This types of parkinsonism are called as punch boxers syndrome.
REDUCTION OF RIGIDITY IN PARKINSONISM
Rigidity has been found to reduce, to some extent, by generalized relaxation technique. Generalized relaxation can be obtained by vestibular stimulation that can be achieved by various rocking techniques. Rocking can be achieved by the use of adult vestibular ball, rocking or rotating chair, and cradle. Rhythmic initiation, which is a technique of PNF, can be used to reduce rigidity. This technique, which involves progression of exercise from passive to active assisted to active without any increase in tone, has been found to be very effective in reducing rigidity of the trunk.
Generalized relaxation techniques like Jacobson’s technique of progressive relaxation, yogasana, transdental meditation, biofeedback, savasana, etc. can also be used.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where an affected person suffers from sleeplessness and is unable to fall asleep or remain asleep for a long time which is required to stay healthy. Insomnia affects the functioning of the body and increases pain sensitivity of the body.
Insomnia has many cures and treatment options. Homeopathy is considered to be an important and very efficient form of medication, which treats insomnia and related sleeping disorders. Homeopathy eliminates the cause of insomnia from the roots, and both the disorders and symptoms are cured.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat insomnia, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
- Arnica: It is used to ease patients when they overwork physically, and is also useful tor treating insomnia caused due to jet lag.
- Aconite: Aconite cures acute cases of insomnia, which results because of fear, shock, paranoia, grief or due to some bad news. Anxiety, tension and restlessness also cause insomnia, which is cured by aconite.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic remedy treats insomnia where a patient feels sleepy during the daytime, but cannot sleep at night. Restlessness and having bad dreams are observed.
- Calcarea phosphoric: This medicine treats insomniac patients who experience difficulty in waking up in the morning. The patient becomes anxious, restless and gets irritated easily and tends to avoid daily routine.
- Causticum: Causticum is used in cases of insomnia where bed wetting is likely by the patient, especially during the first phase of the night. The patient develops a fear of the dark and a strong sense of justice.
- Chamomilla: Used in cases of sleeplessness in babies where teething, anger or colics cause disruption in sleep. The eyes do not close completely during sleep, and the patient moans. It is also used in grown-ups who are irritable and peevish and experience fearful dreams.
- Cocculus: Cocculus cures insomnia, which occurs due to over exhaustion and over strain. It prevails in people who work during night shifts and need to spend sleepless nights due to work.
- Coffee: This homeopathic remedy is derived from coffee beans and provides relaxation to insomniac people. When a person gets over excited and is kept awake because of constant thoughts, coffee can calm that person and make him fall asleep.
- Equisetum: This homeopathic medicine cures insomnia where the patient wets the bed while dreaming. This happens due to immature nervous functioning.
- Ignatia: Ignatia treats insomnia occurring from extreme shock, grief or emotional stress. The patient becomes very moody, jerks his limbs during sleep and experiences disturbing dreams.
Homeopathy is an ideal treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. Being natural, it works very efficiently without any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.