Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhinaw Priyadarshi
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhinaw PriyadarshiYour feedback matters!
I have some kind of swelling in my mouth. I have used some medicine before but didn't got a good result. So, I humbly request you to give me a permanent solution.
Wisdom teeth is growing. Due to this I am getting more pain and unable to eat also. I am using pain killer tablets in order to get rid off pain
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
Mere teeth me cavity lagi hui hai kuch homemade ideas bta dijiye aur kuch medicine. Jisse meri cavity nikal Jaye. Bhut pain hota h.
My teeth got reddish colour due to an accident, I went for bleaching but its not getting effected, can you pls suggest any treatment other than root canal treatment.
Tip of the day:
Start your child to brush with the help of finger brushes without any toothpaste at 9 to 10 months of age, playfully while giving him/her a bath. This way the child gets used to an idea of a brush and does not shy away from brushing later on.
Toothpaste to be initiated after 1 year of age - we have special toothpastes for kids available - preferably non -foaming types to be used.
At 1 year of age to 1 year 6 months - 1/4 th the pea size toothpaste to be applied into the bristles of the brush.
upto 2 yrs - 1/2 pea size toothpaste to be applied.
Never wet the brush before brusing - the paste becomes foamy and that irritates and gags the child resulting in the child developing phobia or aversion to toothbrushing - resulting in enhanced decay of teeth later on at 3 yrs and adolescence!