Doctor in ASHA UROLOGY CLINIC
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for ASHA UROLOGY CLINICYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am seeing white color discharge in my urine. I use to have kidney stones earlier Please help me understand why this is happening.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is a UTI?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection from microbes. These are organisms that are too small to be seen without a microscope. Most UTIs are caused by bacteria, but some are caused by fungi and in rare cases by viruses. UTIs are among the most common infections in humans.
A UTI can happen anywhere in your urinary tract. Your urinary tract is made up of your kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Most UTIs only involve the urethra and bladder, in the lower tract. However, UTIs can involve the ureters and kidneys, in the upper tract. Although upper tract UTIs are more rare than lower tract UTIs, they’re also usually more severe.
Symptoms of a UTI depend on what part of the urinary tract is infected.
- Lower tract UTIs affect the urethra and bladder. Symptoms of a lower tract UTI include:
- Burning with urination
- Increased frequency of urination without passing much urine
- Increased urgency of urination
- Bloody urine
- Cloudy urine
- Urine that looks like cola or tea
- Urine that has a strong odor
- Pelvic pain in women
- Rectal pain in men
Upper tract UTIs affect the kidneys. These can be potentially life threatening if bacteria move from the infected kidney into the blood. This condition, called urosepsis, can cause dangerously low blood pressure, shock, and death.
Symptoms of an upper tract UTI include:
- Pain and tenderness in the upper back and sides
- Symptoms in men
- UTI symptoms in men
Symptoms of an upper tract urinary infection in men are similar to those in women. Symptoms of a lower tract urinary infection in men sometimes includes rectal pain in addition to the common symptoms shared by both men and women.
UTI symptoms in women:
Women with a lower tract urinary infection may experience pelvic pain. This is in addition to the other common symptoms. Symptoms of upper tract infections among both men and women are similar.
Treatment of UTI depends on the cause. Your doctor will be able to determine which organism is causing the infection from the test results used to confirm the diagnosis.
In most cases, the cause is bacteria. UTIs caused by bacteria are treated with antibiotics.
In some cases, viruses or fungi are the causes. Viral UTIs are treated with medications called antivirals. Often, the antiviral cidofovir is the choice to treat viral UTIs. Fungal UTIs are treated with medications called antifungals.
The form of antibiotic used to treat a bacterial UTI usually depends on what part of the tract is involved. Lower tract UTIs can usually be treated with oral antibiotics. Upper tract UTIs require intravenous antibiotics. These antibiotics are put directly into your veins.
Sometimes, bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics. Results from your urine culture can help your doctor select an antibiotic treatment that will work best against the type of bacteria that’s causing your infection.
Treatments other than antibiotics for bacterial UTIs are being examined. At some point, UTI treatment without antibiotics may be an option for bacterial UTIs by using cell chemistry to change the interaction between the body and the bacteria.
Home remedies for a UTI
There are no home remedies that can cure a UTI, but there are some things that you can do to help your medication work better.
These home remedies for UTIs may help your body clear the infection faster. Cranberry juice or cranberries don’t treat a UTI once it’s started. However, a chemical in cranberries may help prevent certain types of bacteria that can cause a bacterial UTI from attaching to the lining of your bladder. This may be helpful in preventing future UTIs.
It’s important to treat a UTI — the earlier, the better. Untreated UTIs become more and more severe the further they spread. A UTI is usually easiest to treat in the lower urinary tract. An infection that spreads to the upper urinary tract is much more difficult to treat and is more likely to spread into your blood, causing sepsis. This is a life-threatening event.
If you suspect that you have a UTI, contact your doctor as soon as possible. A simple examination and urine or blood test could save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
If you suspect that you have a UTI based on your symptoms, contact your doctor. Your doctor will review your symptoms and perform a physical examination. To confirm a diagnosis of a UTI, your doctor will need to test your urine for microbes.
The urine sample that you give your doctor needs to be a “clean catch” sample. This means the urine sample is collected at the middle of your urinary stream, rather than at the beginning. This helps to avoid collecting the bacteria or yeast from your skin, which can contaminate the sample. Your doctor will explain to you how to get a clean catch.
When testing the sample, your doctor will look for a large number of white blood cells in your urine. This can indicate an infection. Your doctor will also do a urine culture to test for bacteria or fungi. The culture can help identify the cause of the infection. It can also help your doctor choose which treatment is right for you.
If a virus is suspected, special testing may need to be performed. Viruses are rare causes of UTIs but can be seen in people who have had organ transplants or who have other conditions that weaken their immune system.
I have high creatinine level and urine albumin -present+2, rbc-8, pus cells-4-6, wbc count 14300. Newly marriage and my wife was pregnant now so any problem for baby.
I am suffering from fissures. Can you please advise if I can live on only fruits and juice without taking rice and curries. I am suffering from fissures for the past year. Please advise.
Sir is probably to remove the 21 mm kidney stones without operation? My mom have right and left both said 21 mm stone.
People are sometimes found to visit a doctor with lower abdominal pain or with the symptoms like burning or bleeding while urinating. These are the most common symptoms of kidney stone. When the liquidity of your urine gets affected and becomes too concentrated, this allows deposition of hard substances in your urinary system thus forming stones in your kidney. This may even be due to the dehydration and lack of intake of water. In allopathy there is no such way other than surgery which involves both physical and emotion suffering on the one hand and incorporates a huge expenditure on the other while homoeopathic treatment not only cures kidney stone, beside this, it entirely ameliorate the propensity of your system to form stones.
Regarding the homoeopathic remedies:
In homoeopathic literature, there are mentions of hundred of remedies to cure kidney stone.
- In Case Of Left Sided Kidney Stone: If you feel a heavy pain in the kidney region aggravated by any kind of body movement basically in the morning and if the pain extends from your back to urinary bladder, then it is more likely to have the stone in your left kidney. Berberis Vulgaris is the most effective homoeopathic medicine in this case.
- What To Do With Intense Burning While Passing Urine: Cantharis is one of the excellent homoeopathic medication recommended with the symptom of intense burning while passing urine. It is a kind of situation when one is found with a frequent urge for urinating.
- For Right Sided Kidney Stone: Most of the doctors have found Lycopodium as the most effective medication for curing right sided kidney. One of the characteristic symptoms of having the stone in right sided kidney is the presence of red sand in urine. Sarsaparilla is suggested by the doctor if there is presence of white sand in urine.
- About ‘The Stone Breaker’: Hydrangea, popularly known as ‘the stone breaker' is one of the most recognised homoeopathic medicine for the kidney stone. The specialist homoeopathic practitioners have considered that from the magnitude of its results it is no exaggeration to call it as stone breaker because it has proven itself over and over again.
- For Severe Pain In Urinal Bluder: Patients who are found with severe pain in urinal bladder are generally prescribed Cantharis by the doctors. Cantharis works well for kidney stones on both sides but especially in the case of symptoms like burning, or if the urine passes drop by drop, the sudden appearance of blood in urine, then Cantharis come out with the most desirable results.
- In Case Of Violent Kidney Pain: Pareira Brava is one of the highly regarded homoeopathic medicines which is prescribed for violent kidney pain. Sometimes the pain gets so acute that it radiates down the thigh or in some cases even down to the feet. Pareira Brava is the most functional medicine in this case.
Though all the medicines mentioned above are commonly preferred by the homoeopathic doctors all over the world, without the proper dose and use depending on the immensity of the ailment a potential treatment of kidney stone cannot be done. It is why you should avoid self-medication. So before you begin your treatment you are advised to consult a specialised practitioner.