Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychiatrists online in Patiala. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Malika MongaYour feedback matters!
Autism is identified by characteristics like difficulty in communication, the use of language, understanding abstract concepts and building bonds with other people. This brain development disorder is also characterized by the performance of repetitive behaviors in the affected individual.
Treatment of this condition requires an understanding of every vital factor associated with the condition. The hardcore approach is vital for understanding the stimulus/response connection of symptoms. This is because whenever an autistic child undergoes stressful situations, the reaction is a sign that a homeopath cannot ignore. By completely understanding the cycle of stress and reaction, a homeopath can only be able to suggest the right treatment program.
What about the remedies prescribed for treating the condition?
Being a holistic branch of medicine, homeopathy takes into account the complete physical as well as the mental makeup of the individual. Additionally, in this alternative medicine, the homeopath also takes into consideration the details of the disease while recommending remedies.
Remedies like Carcinocin, Secretin and Thuja are favored the most for treating the condition. At the same time, the appropriate remedies are recommended after having a thorough understanding as to whether the individual falls within the constitutional makeup of the remedies considered.Another essential aspect of this branch of medicine in the treatment of this brain development disorder is the practice of using LM potencies (homeopathic medicines on the last scale of potency). These remedies are not only acted faster but are also gentler compared to others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am a boy of age 22, from 2 days I am having a burning feeling in my stomach n it is uncomfortable. I have had medicine bought from farmacy but still the burn is there abit bit. Wat might be the problem please help. My exams are goin on.
I think so I am having stress. Need psychotherapy. Many life issues. Not completely happy or satisfied.
To increase our concentration and memory power of our mind can we use flaxseed oil and capsules. Is it good or is there any alternative or good medicine?
Parkinson’s disease is a disorder involving the nervous system. It can start with a mere tremor of one hand and advances to slow movement and stiffness. The face might show little no symptoms in the beginning but the speech might become slurred. With every passing day, the condition worsens. This condition has no permanent cure but the symptoms can be improved with proper medication.
What are the symptoms?
Some unmistakable symptoms include the following:
- A sudden shaking of the limb. A sudden tremor of the hand is a very common symptom of this disease.
- A stiffness of the muscles that can limit the range of motion and sharp pain.
- The posture of the body might get compromised. Often balancing problems are witnessed among many patients.
- There could be problems with speech leading to soft, slurry or quick speech. The speech in some cases can become monotonous devoid of inflexions.
- Parkinson’s disease can lead to slow movement and makes performing of simple tasks difficult.
- Patients often find writing very difficult
What are the possible causes of Parkinson’s disease?
- Specific genetic mutation can lead to Parkinson’s disease in folks who have a family history of Parkinson’s disease. Certain variations of the gene increase the risk of this disease
- Exposure to certain environmental factors or certain toxins can trigger Parkinson’s disease in an individual.
- Certain cells in the brain known as Lewy bodies can trigger Parkinson’s disease.
- A certain kind of protein cells within the brain known as alpha-synuclein can trigger the Parkinson’s disease in an individual
What are the risk factors?
- Heredity: Having an immediate family member or a close relative suffering from Parkinson’s disease can increase the risk of getting this disease in an individual
- Age: Although not a prime risk factor, but an individual over the age of over 60 have an increased risk of getting this disease
- Toxins: Exposure to pesticide or certain herbicide increase the risk of Parkinson’s
- Sex: Men are more likely to get Parkinson’s disease than women
What is the medication for Parkinson’s disease?
- Carbidopa-levodopa: This is a natural chemical that gets passed to the brain and is converted to dopamine by the body. The benefits of this medication might reduce with increased symptoms.
- Carbidopa-levodopa infusion: A popular drug in this category is known as the Duopa. It is administered directly into the small intestine in the form of gel through a feeding tube.
- MAO-B inhibitors: Drugs from this group include rasagiline and selegiline. This is a powerful medicine. Many patient experiences hallucination during the initial days of consuming these drugs.
- Anticholinergics: This medication is mainly used to counter tremors of the limbs in the early stage of the Parkinson’s disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 24 years old. I have one bad habit when I was watching porn or reading sex stories, I rub the bed so white discharges daily. Then now I touches my girlfriend my penis is not erected. Even I putting my penis in her mouth then also my penis not erected. Please help me sir.
My father is 80 years old and in depression due to sudden release from profession due to health. I have tried several medicines but till now he has no relief. Kindly suggest any effective solution for this disease.
With the onset of winters, not only people experience lazy mornings but many also find themselves in low spirits or what we call “winter blues”.
Winter depression or seasonal affective disorder should not be confused with general laziness and oversleeping that comes with the onset of winters. Many people are diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder, it is a clinical disorder which occurs with the change in season, specially during winters. It is a sub type of depression. Peole experimce mood chnages and symptkms similar to depression with during the winter season and improves with the arrival of spring and summer season.
Symptoms of s. A. D
If the symptoms have been occuring with the onset at the specific time of winters for the last two years without any other associative incident.
1. Loss of apetite/ increase in apetite
2. Crying spells
3. Loss of interest in routine activities
4. Feeling low or sad.
5. Sleeping more than usual.
It can be effectively treated with psychotherapy, light therapy and/or medications. While symptoms improve with change in season but treatment could help the person get relief from depressive symptoms quickly. People should either try to expose themselves to sun whenever possible in winters. Stay connected to your environment and people. Talk about your symptoms with a psychologist. It is a manageable condition and treatment would help you enjoy the winters.