Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patiala and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Sehgal Dentist
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Sehgal DentistYour feedback matters!
But the good news is head and neck cancers can be cured if they are detected early. If you see any of the following symptoms recurring often, then you need to see your doctor immediately:
• Mouth sore that hasn't healed for 3+ weeks
• Persistent change of voice
• Chewing and swallowing problems
• Lump in the neck
• Bleeding, pain or numbness of mouth or nose
• Pain when opening mouth
• Facial, neck or ear pain
Our Miracle Team will do their best for a favourable outcome
My tongue is red and so many wrinkles came on it. Along with mouth ulcers (minor). What should I do ?
I have discoloration of teeth and teeth looking very ugly but I am doing continue brush and using suitable toothpaste for my teeth. What is the reason behind it?
Gingivitis is a disorder, which is characterized by inflammation, swelling and irritation in the gums. Usually, the symptoms of this disorder are mild, so you might not pay much heed to them. However, if left untreated, this condition can result in other serious disorders, such as teeth loss and periodontitis. The primary cause of gingivitis is an improper oral hygiene.
The symptoms of gingivitis are:
- Red gums that bleed easily
- Swelling in the gums
- Tender gums that are receding
- You may have bad breath
- You may bleed from your gums during brushing and flossing
Causes: The most common cause of this disorder is bad oral hygiene, which facilitates the formation of plaque on your teeth. If the foods you eat contain excess sugar, the bacteria in your mouth may interact with them to produce acid (plaque) if you don't manage to maintain good oral habits. If not removed, the plaque can turn into tartar; plaque can be difficult to get rid of as tartar.
Treatment: The treatment for gingivitis usually begins with an initial evaluation and a professional cleaning to get rid of the tartar. You should use proper brushing and flossing techniques to prevent the recurrence of plaque. You should also follow up with the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups.
Scaling is the procedure by which the plaque from the teeth is removed. If the sources of problems are misaligned teeth and poorly fitted dentures, then these need to be fixed. There are certain home remedies for gingivitis such as:
- Use toothbrush that has soft bristles
- Visit a dentist for regular oral check- ups, it is very essential for the upkeep of sound oral health
- Regular flossing can help
- Use a non-alcoholic mouthwash which can help in removal of cavities and plaque to a certain extent, though not majorly
- Use fluoride based toothpaste to brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Clean your teeth regularly, avoid eating foods laden with sugar and eat plenty of vegetables